caviar lovers should be ....  

108 members have voted

1. 1. caviar lovers should be ....

• killed ...but first tortured
    • tortured....but kept alive to keep torturing ...

now....

I had a little function in the office ...and thought the wanker clients (and I suppose if they ever discover tf....EX-wanker clients) would appreciate if I put a litte effort in ...so i got some caviar and other snacks...

now ...firstly .....who the hell would ever wish to eat this shite in the first place ?

secondly....dont ******* tell me that you "absolutely adore" the fish ******* eggs....of one fish over anouther...never -the *******-less from a different part of the world...

no , no ...madame...i put it rather to you ...that you....are a pretentious , useless, souless ...***** ***** !

anyway....now that I got it out of my system.....why do we tolerate a world were we let people spend the same ammount as the average african yearly household spends on food .....on a few spoon fulls of freaking fish eggs?? !

now my personal distaste for the dish aside......of course its just a metaphor for all types of pretentious wank that we fill our lives with ......the world of "high" fashion (you must be ******* high to give a **** about that.....high on crack!) ....etc etc .....does this only bother me cause i'm only reasnobly ok and not insanely wealthy ? when my bank manager calls me and says" hey guy....you have 1 billion dollars..." (and hell freezes over) ....will my taste buds alter and say "gee...these freaking salty ball sack tasting fish eggs sure are great ?"...."gosh this horribly over aged wine..hyper expensice french champagne is rather good"

**** off !

prats...

point being....why do we allow this ? why do we tolerate peoples fickle pretentious behaviour ?

that karl marx was onto something my friends....he really was.....we obviously arent responsible enough as a society....when people starve while others dine on over priced crap food...for capatalism...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a twisted F*cking world !!! Money twists some peopls minds and since they have no real class they like to adopt behaviors that seems to indicate some :P Although i love to go diving for eggs spooning them out of a can or jar is far to decadent :roll:

Its a twisted F*cking world !!! Money twists some peopls minds and since they have no real class they like to adopt behaviors that seems to indicate some Although i love to go diving for eggs spooning them out of a can or jar is far to decadent

agreed mate.....!!!!!

yes...i'm not trying to be the "working class" hero or anything...but I've always felt .....whilst i believe strongly in the idea of "class"....it has very little to do with being exorberant , shallow and unempathetic ........which sadly ...our society has become to understand these practices....high fashion etc.....as "class"

what a crap definition

i once heard of an old thai man....who was very high up in the royalty ....who rode the bus everyday...cause he didnt like how his motorcade inconvenienced people...

now that my friend....is class!

now..i'm not saying "dont enjoy the finer things" ....I happen to spurge out on wine and restuarants which I consider good.....etc ......but there is a line somewhere I wont freaking cross....and spurging out to eat putrid tasting fish eggs in some hope it will improve my social status....is way over that ******* line

to take it a step further....the entire african population could be fed....if replaced the money spent on caviar and handbags....and donated it to develioping agriculture in poor communities in africa....

dignity and food for the starving masses / handbag

think about it

and if you still gonna go out and buy that new overpriced sweat shop produced bag tomorrow

shame on you ! you hollow worthless husk of a person

1) Beluga caviar is superb. Especially with ice cold vodka. Yum yum. Eating beluga caviar doesn't cause anyone to starve. The difference between Beluga caviar and the stuff you probably bought at Woolworth's for 40 Rand is, as Mark Twain once wrote, "the difference between lightning and a lightning bug."

2) People dont' starve in Africa because there isn't enough food - there's plenty of food in the world. They starve because their corrupt governments steal all the bloody money and don't build any infrastructure.

Every single country in Africa that was a former colony has a lower GNP now than it did 50 years ago. (A southeast asian example would be Burma, which was once the most prosperous country in SE Asia and is now a basket case.)

3) You're South African. You should know that. So please, spare us the silly revolutionary rhetoric.

point being....why do we allow this ? why do we tolerate peoples fickle pretentious behaviour ?

that karl marx was onto something my friends....he really was.....we obviously arent responsible enough as a society....when people starve while others dine on over priced crap food...for capatalism...

well isnt that a miracle. reach up your ass and pull out...

SLURPS 3.0, the next great proletarian hero!!

what next oh mytee one, anti-ipod rant (been done, but still fertile ground for luddites, philistines, and barbarians)?

i say if there are too many poor people to feed, we should feed half of them to the other half

:shock:

<<zbh quickly adds zeros to "gross income" on his last three tax returns>>

I agree with Undercover. Beluga caviar is wonderful (not that I spoon it onto my cornflakes in the morning) especially with a nice glass of quality vodka. Sometimes its fun to be pretentious and enjoy the good stuff.

And Slurms, take a look at Mugabe to the north who has completely fooked Zimbabwe. Huge professional farms before and everybody was happy and well fed. Now look at the mess. Dont get me started on Mozambique. Its only JUST climbing out of the **** after decades of war but still all these black Zimbies and Mozambicans pouring over the border and upping the unemployment lines in RSA. I can only hope that the RSA doesnt got the route of the rest of Africa. Some cynics say it will, given time. I had this very conversation with a senior SA diplomat here recently (she is a Zulu by the way) and she was worried. And guess what? The caviar will still be harvested from the Black Sea regardless.

Even the ANC has lessened its retoric over the years. Perhaps you should too?

to take it a step further....the entire african population could be fed....if replaced the money spent on caviar and handbags....and donated it to develioping agriculture in poor communities in africa....

Well stop bleeding about it and get off ya butt and do something...next time you have an office function....go feed some starving and give who you call 'wankers' water and crackers....

As has been pointed out...there is food...you suckers are voting these corrupt animals in to take it off them.....?

You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.

You cannot help the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

You cannot further the brotherhood of man by encouraging class hatred.

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.

You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than you earn.

You cannot build character and courage by taking away man's initiative and independence.

You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.

Abraham Lincoln

Quote courtesy of www.freemarketfoundation.com South Africa

We live on the beach and fish everyday....you want some caviar.....happy to send it to you fresh in exchange for you feeding a few starving.....?....challenge.....happy to send the fish as well as those scummy little eggs that usually get feed to the cat

I wonder where this 'new' attitude that the rich deserve to be rich and the poor deserve to be poor comes from. Certainly it has no basis in modern economic theory whether you are a supporter of capitalism or not.

We have to learn to live with capitalism because it has proven itself the best system we've got but that shouldnt mean we should suddenly completely ignore just how deeply flawed it is especially when it comes to the distribution of wealth. Its weaknesses have been evident and widely discussed for well over 100 years.

America is the richest country in the world - capital should be flowing from the US to other countries. Yet the US is by far the largest borrower in the world with massive trade and budget deficits funded principally by second and third world countries - Thailand included.

Abromavich - who with the aid of US investment banks - literally stole billions of US$ from Russia has bought the ultimate male accessory (namely Chelsea) and is treated as minor royalty in London when he should be locked up.

And blaming starving Africans on their corrupt Governments (which exist just about everywhere) is just a complete cop out. There is simply no economic or political capital by Governments or their electorates to be gained by doing anything about it.

1) Beluga caviar is superb. Especially with ice cold vodka. Yum yum. Eating beluga caviar doesn't cause anyone to starve. The difference between Beluga caviar and the stuff you probably bought at Woolworth's for 40 Rand is, as Mark Twain once wrote, "the difference between lightning and a lightning bug."

2) People dont' starve in Africa because there isn't enough food - there's plenty of food in the world. They starve because their corrupt governments steal all the bloody money and don't build any infrastructure.

Every single country in Africa that was a former colony has a lower GNP now than it did 50 years ago. (A southeast asian example would be Burma, which was once the most prosperous country in SE Asia and is now a basket case.)

3) You're South African. You should know that. So please, spare us the silly revolutionary rhetoric.

now don't be a wanker....I couldn't honestly give a **** ...as I said its just a metaphor for "wank" .....but maybe you cant see it for the large freaking neon lights...

there is plenty of food in the world....absolutely !! a **** load is burnt or disposed of to protect crop prices.......if the "american meat habit" causing rain forest to be chopped away so that more beef racches can be put up in South America......was just brought down to a ludicrous level (rather than abso-*******-lutely over the top) ....then the same land (environmental issues aside) could provide enough crop based food for the world 10 times over....

also africa has plenty of land....land , technology and agriculture in this day and age means "food" .....its hardly even a costly measure.....

now talking about so called african corruption......**** off ! who do you think is making the deals with the african "leaders " so that they are bribed into keeping their "resources" at a freaking slave rate ......? the freaking so called "aid money" from the west ...."imf" etc.........******* parasites

I live in South Africa ...yes.....since we have had a black government the economy has absolutely boomed.....an entire group of black middle class has emerged in the suburbs....and every kid is pretty much in reach of a excellent education system .....remember our revolution was fought by brilliant , intelligent peaceful men.......that always heald the ideals of turning the people calling them "barbarians" into the barbarians....they are not gonna sell that out as easily as you think......everyone knows the "african" rennaisance.......the very pride and dignity of all africans ...relies in them not screwing up a country as wealthy and advanced as south africa....

as mike said howevere...ever second freaking nigerian , mozambiquen , zimbabwian is pouring into S.A ......but the only person a black south african hates more than a white south african is anouther type of african.....so they not welcomed with open arms...rather with sticks.....

NOW....

as Robbie said where does this attitude come from ? it frustrates me...as I'm not resigned to not giving a ****...like everyone else seems to be....

maybe I'm a horrible guilty bastard.....growing up with the silver spoon in south africa as a white man....is quite a big lead based chip to carry around on your shoulder.......but I'd hate to freaking live in a world you guys are proposing.....where the donald trumps of the world keep getting their egos wanked in privelage by the masses ......for doing nothing else but being wankers.....

why should we keep affirmating our stupid suffer producing practices ?

IAbromavich - who with the aid of US investment banks - literally stole billions of US$ from Russia has bought the ultimate male accessory (namely Chelsea) and is treated as minor royalty in London when he should be locked up.

.... thats my Gik ... who you are criticising ..... Oh well.. Roman Darling.. :roll:

*** Correction : Roman 'Abramovich'.

Sir Rob.... Now look at you who always have a 'Go' with my spelling.... 8)

if the "american meat habit" causing rain forest to be chopped away so that more beef racches can be put up in South America......was just brought down to a ludicrous level (rather than abso-f*cking-lutely over the top) ....then the same land (environmental issues aside) could provide enough crop based food for the world 10 times over....

see i have a plan for that, if they overindulge on mickey d's according to my schedule, they'll start dying of heart attacks faster and faster, as early as 12 years old. no more carnivores, no more demand, no more ranches.

as Robbie said where does this attitude come from ? it frustrates me...as I'm not resigned to not giving a sh*t...like everyone else seems to be....

sounds more like you're having a go at pretentious middlemen than having a go at anything that matters. caviar is not beyond the means of pretentious middle class types even in new york. what's next, che, cappucino?

maybe I'm a horrible guilty bastard.....growing up with the silver spoon in south africa as a white man....is quite a big lead based chip to carry around on your shoulder.......but I'd hate to freaking live in a world you guys are proposing.....where the donald trumps of the world keep getting their egos wanked in privelage by the masses ......for doing nothing else but being wankers.....

why should we keep affirmating our stupid suffer producing practices ?

why not have a go at donald trump instead of middle class pretentious habits? and if your clients are in fact donald trump et al, why not have a go at them for being donald trump instead of for an overpriced snack?

spare me the revolutionary rhetoric until you get some game, che.

the revolution will not be televised. at this rate it won't even make talk radio, not even in new york.

as Robbie said where does this attitude come from ? it frustrates me...as I'm not resigned to not giving a sh*t...like everyone else seems to be....

sounds more like you're having a go at pretentious middlemen than having a go at anything that matters. caviar is not beyond the means of pretentious middle class types even in new york. what's next, che, cappucino?

lol .... :lol:

why not have a go at donald trump instead of middle class pretentious habits? and if your clients are in fact donald trump et al, why not have a go at them for being donald trump instead of for an overpriced snack?

spare me the revolutionary rhetoric until you get some game, che.

the revolution will not be televised. at this rate it won't even make talk radio, not even in new york.

settle down Zeusy.........of course 'im having a go at pretentiousness....regardless of class.....

....unless you are so in love with the status quo of the world.....then whats the harm in criticising an obviously shitty system ......?

even if this is the most histrionic , insincere and emtpy rhetoric.......its still a darn side better than sitting back and saying **** all

not to want to wear out a phrase...if you not part of a better future...at least get out of the way.....

I see where you are musinderstanding me

now.....there is a huge difference between eating caviar (or anything) because you genuinly like it......and splurging on it for the sake of trying emulate some level of class........perhaps I should have said wine ......as its something i love and know a fair bit about ....now i have been a member of a few wine tasting groups........and it always happens in blind tasting (blind folded) that the ludicrously expensive wines are scored the lowest....... yet they obviously have the greatest demand dictating their price and vica versa..........something is foul in this picture .....

the real simple point i was trying to make ....is can a world with so much suffering...most of it quite eaily averted (like the 1 million malaria deaths in africa every year) .....tolerate this type of behaviour......

does it not ...as much as anything...represent a repugnant sense of value..........it comes down to heinz dilemna doesn't it..........

heinz is WRONG to steal the medicine ...to save his wife.....

so are we saying the right to ownership is more important than the right to life ?

Slurms is wrong to question people rights to ownership over the rights to poor people lives ?

oh please !

whats that telling us ?

settle down Zeusy.........of course 'im having a go at pretentiousness....regardless of class.....

now my darling slurps pudbonium. you of all people should know that all you're doing by typing 'settle down' at me is wasting bandwidth and causing needless wear and tear on your fingers, as there is no 'down' for me to settle to, i'm one-speed and that's just how i roll. you'd think after foaming at the mouth rants on the merits of ipods it would be obvious i'm full of hot air but i suppose occasional disclaimers like this one are necessary for people who missed the first ten minutes of the movie. so in a way 'settle down zeussy' is a public service, like "our story so far..."

....unless you are so in love with the status quo of the world.....then whats the harm in criticising an obviously shitty system ......?

that's my point. to my eye you aren't criticizing the system, but a harmless if annoying byproduct of it. i'd have to say i'm not sure how you come to the conclusion that i'm in love with the status quo of the world. i think beating straw men is a distraction from the real problems of capitalism, although i admit i'm too lazy to rant about it lately.

even if this is the most histrionic , insincere and emtpy rhetoric.......its still a darn side better than sitting back and saying f*ck all

yeah but i think you're going after the wrong target, mild pretentiousness is more sad than offensive. they are more than likely casualties of the system rather than perpetuators of it, like the 'pod people' (the ones who get an ipod coz you're supposed to have an ipod). you can always tell pod people form those who buy one to listen to music--they keep the shite white headphones (probably so you can tell at a glance that the thing in theiir pocket is an ipod, and not some 'lesser' brand).

not to want to wear out a phrase...if you not part of a better future...at least get out of the way.....

not to wear out a pseudo-marxist cliche or two, but the revolution doesn't need a victory over straw men.

now.....there is a huge difference between eating caviar (or anything) because you genuinly like it......and splurging on it for the sake of trying emulate some level of class........perhaps I should have said wine ......as its something i love and know a fair bit about ....now i have been a member of a few wine tasting groups........and it always happens in blind tasting (blind folded) that the ludicrously expensive wines are scored the lowest....... yet they obviously have the greatest demand dictating their price and vica versa..........something is foul in this picture .....

there are a number of problems with this. firstly, who decides when someone is trying to emulate some level of class, when someone is alright because they sincerely like wine, and when someone sincerely likes wine but has no talent for distinguishing between good wine and thunderbird?

secondly, while it's a good point that if people stop buying a particular product (mcdonalds for example) corporations will stop exploiting us with it, and that if we start buying healthy organic food instead of crap, we would benefit from the corporations exploiting us rather than suffer, that doesnt seem to be the point.

pretentiousness may be offensive but it's relatively harmless both economically and physically, at least in the form of caviar. this is what, as an american, i like to call a 'flag burning issue'--something inconsequentially offensive to get worked up about coz it's easy to hate and less complicated than the real problems at hand.

the pretentiousness of gas guzzling cars, on the other hand... i'd probably join your rant against that, but the solution i propose would be emissions tax and gas rationing (massive ax on gasoline over your weekly quota) but then i'm borderline commie.

the real simple point i was trying to make ....is can a world with so much suffering...most of it quite eaily averted (like the 1 million malaria deaths in africa every year) .....tolerate this type of behaviour......

the suffering could be alleviated without stopping that kind of behavior, and a) how are you going to stop it, and B) who decides which is a pretentious fop and which is a genuine wine lover? sounds like a dangerous game to me.

does it not ...as much as anything...represent a repugnant sense of value..........it comes down to heinz dilemna doesn't it..........

heinz is WRONG to steal the medicine ...to save his wife.....

so are we saying the right to ownership is more important than the right to life ?

Slurms is wrong to question people rights to ownership over the rights to poor people lives ?

oh please !

whats that telling us ?

is slurms saying anything can be done about it? if nothing can be done, is he wasting time and energy taking a stand against flag burning (not even getting into the personal benefits of taking such a stand)?

is slurms proposing that the only way to end suffering on earth is to eliminate caviar? or rich people? or that suffering could not be alleviated without doing so? or is he proposing that ah... flag burning is bad, mmmkay?

oh please!

what is that telling us really?

perhaps I should have said wine ......as its something i love and know a fair bit about ....now i have been a member of a few wine tasting groups........and it always happens in blind tasting (blind folded) that the ludicrously expensive wines are scored the lowest....... yet they obviously have the greatest demand dictating their price and vica versa..........something is foul in this picture .....

Oh please!!! Fer chrissakes... this is just really utter nonsense. Yes, there are some very expensive wines that may have a distorted price/value ratio (Chateau Petrus, 1st Growth Bordeaux, etc.) but don't make retarded statements like this. You get what you pay for with wine and almost everything else.

perhaps I should have said wine ......as its something i love and know a fair bit about ....now i have been a member of a few wine tasting groups........and it always happens in blind tasting (blind folded) that the ludicrously expensive wines are scored the lowest....... yet they obviously have the greatest demand dictating their price and vica versa..........something is foul in this picture .....

Oh please!!! Fer chrissakes... this is just really utter nonsense. Yes, there are some very expensive wines that may have a distorted price/value ratio (Chateau Petrus, 1st Growth Bordeaux, etc.) but don't make retarded statements like this. You get what you pay for with wine and almost everything else.

Yeah, we did a blind taste test at work once and the ratings correlated pretty well to price. None of us were really that into wine either.

You get what you pay for with wine and almost everything else.

oh please......!!! excuse me for not wasting my time with long winded debunkers of something so obviously a load of shite !!!

next you will tell me there is some magical superiority drinking sparkling wine made "method de classique"....than modern methods of adding the "bubbles" .......and that you could definately tell the difference with a blind tasting......

bollocks bollocks bollocks!!!

Yeah, we did a blind taste test at work once and the ratings correlated pretty well to price. None of us were really that into wine either.

dont get me wrong...if you compare "plonk" to moderately priced wine...of course the plonk will score lower ......these prices are simply related to supply and demand.....

now....I'm talking about ridiculously expensive over aged wines ....in comparison to moderately priced "popular" wines.........wine ages well to a point....then it would seem to my observation ...it gets crap (and expensive) .....

of course you could claim that's just to the "laymans" taste .....but then....you sir....are a pretentious wanker....assuming that your palette has some magical ability ....and posseses intrinsic qualities of superior refinment ...is just plain and utter shite.....and someone should slap you ...