World Cup 2006 Football

tallboyno1

Holland has a football team?? :shock:

:wink:

surely you must have noticed them before. they're those guys in orange who always miss their penalty kicks..

Is Beckham from Holland? :shock:

no, not the guys who get sent offf, that's england.

holland... penalty kicks... edgar 'sure shot' davids... those guys...

Theo Walcott, he's going to be monster, he's already earned his pay by keeping Jemaine Defoe out.

so you think walcott's ready to get some actual minutes, or has he already done his part?

still think van b shoulda picked huntelaar.

And don't forget $th oops I shifted I mean 4th placed in FIFA rankings team USA those cheeky pretty boys might just sneak it. I mean coming in late to Germany and taking the win, nah it'll never happen.

well, what about trinidad AND tobago?? two islands, one team. hardly fair.

Theo Walcott, he's going to be monster, he's already earned his pay by keeping Jemaine Defoe out. If we can just get another unknown couple of midfielders to keep Jenas and Hargreaves binned then we could end up having some really good fights over in Beerland.

And don't forget $th oops I shifted I mean 4th placed in FIFA rankings team USA those cheeky pretty boys might just sneak it. I mean coming in late to Germany and taking the win, nah it'll never happen.

ya! what's up with that Hargreaves character....don't they have anyone better than him?....i can only recall very mediocre performances from him....

bollocks to it all......seeing as my adopted nation didn't qualify I'll have to adopt another team..........It would automatically have to be "mother england " England .....unless Rooney get fit....cause I just don't f*cking like him .....

certainly I wont be supporting any anal retentive scandanavian or german teams.....boring fuckers ....and it won't be nigeria .....my nose canals still haven't recovered from the last "thing" I bought from one....

Maybe you could support Australia.(ha ha ha )

thay have a fair chance with the best coach in the world, remember south korea 4 years ago.....

bollocks to it all......seeing as my adopted nation didn't qualify I'll have to adopt another team..........It would automatically have to be "mother england " England .....unless Rooney get fit....cause I just don't f*cking like him .....

certainly I wont be supporting any anal retentive scandanavian or german teams.....boring fuckers ....and it won't be nigeria .....my nose canals still haven't recovered from the last "thing" I bought from one....

I just say Henrik Larsson...... as did Thierry Henry in Arsenal when Barcelone won the European Championship this week.

" I didnt see anything of Ronaldo in this game. I just saw Henrik Larsson..." end quote of Thierry Henry Arsenal.

I think you should adopt cricket instead - maybe its easier to understand for you :P

I just say Henrik Larsson...... as did Thierry Henry in Arsenal when Barcelone won the European Championship this week.

ya ya ya

there have been a lot of exciting, talented players over the years, but they play boring football (unless you're a. italian, b. inordinately fond of pack-the-box-and-counterattack-one-nil-football, or c. all of the above).

just sayin...

• 2 weeks later...

Brasil should make it - cause all times when there was an top favourite the favourite won. - Argentina 1978; Italy 1982; Brasil 1958 - There was only one misstake in 1954 when Germany won against Hungary (It was really a ******* wonder)

Holland, Spain and Portugal are the secret favourites and won't win like many times before :-)

I think if Brazil doesn't get it the winner is Argentina

Dalle Argentina dalle

holland... penalty kicks... edgar 'sure shot' davids... those guys...

how can u let a guy who's blind play football ... much less take penalties !!

all good ball-winners work by sense of smell, the smell of fear...

it's just they should never, ever ever be allowed to take penalties coz they're ******* blind.

France can be written off. (the old general is unfit to last all the matches)

Holland will proceed thru to at least Quarter final if no internal feud.

England will get a spot in semi, as Ronney will declared fit. (mind game)

Brazil should be able to be thru to final but dont think they will be champion again. (playing 4-2-4 will be very stressful for the 2 midfielder. ROnaldo gotta get rid of his spar tyres. Will playing 1 friendly match helps to bonds the team???)

Italy still playing the same game, scores and defence.

Spain...hm...will Raul perform or Torres?

Germany, host country, at least a semi spot.....

Argentina, good chance to meet Brazil/England in FInal.

Czech, a dark horse, will go far to semi if the whole team click.

Ivory Coast, a surprise package.

Booking 1st flight home : Costa Rica, Ecuador, Trin & Toba, Paraguay, Serb, Holland/Ivory coast, Iran, Angola, Ghana, US, Japan, Aussie, Togo, South Korea, Tunisia and Saudi Arabia.

The biggest winner will be the bookie and the legalised betting operators. :twisted:

Tips to bettors : Germany vs Costa Rica, either a draw or Costa Rica win. Too heavy betting on Germany sinks the boat.

Enjoy the games and 1 month of zombie walking. :wink:

i agree with jay that in spite of van basten's decent run of wins, holland have weaknesses that will tell on the big stage. i am not optimistic about holland's chances, and don't understand why they didnt include the blind guy in the squad.

czech republic are riddled with injuries, so they're a bit of a wild card.

brazil are ... brazil. they're pretty deep as wc squads go too. and experienced, etc etc. they may not win it all (the cream doesn't always rise in single elimination) but if the world cup teams played a fulll season they'd finish at least 10 points clear.

england have talent, and a lot of firepower. let's see where they are mentally when the fireworks start. if joe cole maintains his form from the last couple friendlies... whoa.

italy just aren't as good as previous italian teams, and the match fixing scandal may affect them.

germany aren't as good as they used to be and klinsmann has made some 'interesting' squad choices, but they're at home.

spain always find a way to come in highly regarded then flame out. this may be the cup where they live up to their potential, but people say that EVERY cup.

argentina... now that's an interesting team. they've got some young talent, and guys like messi and mascherano may raise their game in the tournament.

teams that might prove very interesting, IMO: brazil, argentina, england, germany (in that order).