Why do Farangs have no taste?

indighost

Do Farang have bad taste in Thai women?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Do Farang have bad taste in Thai women?

• Yes!
    • No, they're usually with good-looking girls!
    • No, because ANY asian girl is necessarily HOT!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're obviously not nearly as intelligent as you think you are or you'd be embarrassed--humiliated to the point of suicide--to list 'waking life' as one of your favorite movies.

Oh come on... anyone who's done a decent amount of reading into existentialist philosophy has to love 'Waking Life'... just HAS to!

Plus, the contemporary tango stuff is the shizznit, fo' rizzle! 555+

well i came back to see if you had anything to offer to defend your shocking lack of taste in film, guess not. won't bother a third time unless you start another, less hackneyed windup.

as to linklater...

it's obvious you choose your films by which philosophy books you've read, not by actually watching the damned movie. sitting through them, yes but watching?? ah... no. makes sense, then, that you'd like watching films wherein the filmmaker was too busy watching himself make a movie to actually make a movie.

anyone who knows a damn thing about film regardless of how many existentialist tracts they've read knows that "waking life" was a pretentious, ham-handed wank job, almost as painful to watch as "every single minute before sunrise."

mind you i don't hate linklater's stuff he's done some decent work but even he looked embarrassed discussing that mess. the animation was incredibly trite and dated by the time he started it (and doubly painful--rotoscoping ain't new! get over it!).

yeah 'wanking life'--'the heaven's gate' of indie film. oh barf.

*you're into continental mastur--oops i mean philosophy. it figures, music majors are usually like that stuff. now if you got the black turtleneck, horn rimmed glasses and milton babbitt records to go with your post-ww2 nostalgia trip, then it starts getting more interesting.

anyway, i had sub-jerry-springer hopes for this thread and it deteriorated into predictable tedium from there. the "fine" line you're walking here is pure crayola and ham-handedly obvious but have fun with your wind up anyway.

a few hundred more windups on the same website and you'll use up all the obvious ones and probably hit on something interesting. i'll wait for word-of-mouth rather than buy opening night tickets, thanks.

good night and good luck. every windup artist has gotta start somewhere.

Hey, I'm only 23, and look at my post-count! I'd say as a debut, this wasn't too bad.

As for getting people's feathers ruffled, it's something I have a great deal of experience at.

Thanks for the "review"! :wink:

I'm off to 7 to pick up a large bottle of, um, something. Thank god for being in the suburbs!

You should also refrain from correcting the grammar of others as yours isn't that tight.

There's not one mistake. Please point one out if you beg to differ!

discourse intended to persuade <--- forgot that part did you? Do you think no one notices how you side step points that you have no "immediate" answer for like a slimy politician?

I most certainly did not, as I refered to it (as the "more loosely-worded (former) definition") as well as pointed where my intentions aligned with that definition.

Had you have acted in an honest and honourable manner I wouldn't have had to post again. Now what does that say about your personality? My degree is in Psychology I can help you find the answers to that.

Your degree is in what? I've heard of a degree in psychology, but as for the proper noun Psychology, I'm befuddled.

Please do point out where I've been "dishonest" in my posts, let alone "dishonorable" (and to whom?).

indighost

It is clear by all the assumptions and interpretations you have made on your posts that you carry around a large story you have made up about yourself.

If your not familiar with your story or there are any 'grey' areas for you, simply listen to how many times a day you say the words 'I' and 'Me' and it will be there.

That story will never make a block buster film or a New York Times best selling book.

Having to invalidate everyone else on the post to justify your own nonsense does not serve you or anyone else at all.

Your opinions on other human beings are merely opinions and do not come as a credential to you in any form. They are just part of your story.

Please take the 'colour' and 'race' out for a moment and have a look at your previous relationships with females.

You spent a lot of time invalidating those as well. There were and still are, integrity issues you still carry around today.

I invite you to have a look at the other areas in your life where this is going on because it's time to re-write the story.

That can be done by simply looking at 'what's important' in your life.

This will take some work on your behalf and will be far more difficult than any university degree or Wechsler test you will ever complete.

It is certainly not trying to convince the members of TF that the nonsense coming out of your mouth has any meaning at all.

Your statement:

'As for getting people's feathers ruffled, it's something I have a great deal of experience at.'

This tells a story of a very sad little boy who is carrying around an immense amount of baggage.

The 'experience' you have is your story again and at what ever level you wish to rate that, you would fail beyond any doubt with most people, including myself.

The meaning you have put to your past is also not serving you.

Please stay present to the people who are trying to assist you with it.

Indighost, I've come across people with an IQ of 180 who are mental midgets when it comes to applying that book knowledge to the real world.You seem to be one of them - either that or you're just trying to wind people up.

I've read through all the rubbish here - I can't believe this is still running.

By the way, nice try with the PM. I'm sure you expect all the women here to be enamoured by your incredible narcissism and arrogance - and I'm sure they will be - so go try someone else. Your pretentiousness is sickening.

P.S- Tip for trying to pick women up when you're "quasi-involved"(that in your own words I might add)

Try to broaden your horizons and realise that not everyone on this site is Thai and not everyone on this site is Buddhist. Makes you look like less of a pratt.

Congratulations with achieving the Top 3 Stupidest Posts with your cynical, plain dumb and biggoted Forum post.

I'm not sure what planet you come from, nor what you think about yourself, but judging people on skin color and who they happen to be attracted to is downright immature and bigoted.

Who do you think you are saying things such as you have said, people are people, they dont choose their skin colour or where they are born, these people on the whole would be nicer people than you, why speak this way about people you dont even know. And what makes you think you can judge others, particularly when you dont even know them.

As for you go check yourself in the mirror, I would think your description of some farangs, of which you are one, sits better with you than most. You really are a piece of work.

What a lot of garbage you talk.

The only way to deal with this is to take affirmative action. If you really believe that your statement is true and you are as concerned as you say you are, then follow my plan...............The next time you see a 'living example' of your 'Farang Taste' issue then take an active role and tell the farang your thoughts on ugly women. I know that someone questioning me about whether my girlfriend was beautiful enough would definately cheer me up and possibly make me re-consider marriage.

These posts are interesting because they allow a bit of handbags at ten paces for all the TF'ers. However judging by the frequency of 'let me show you my idiot opinion' topics recently i would say they are intentionally scripted to give everyone an exhaust for any pent up anger.

Ever considered rephrasing your forum post to something like this?...

Okay, I'm not talking about clothes, or cars, or music...

Thais clearly have no taste in Farang men. I mean come on girls! This is Thailand! Thais get laughed at because (on the whole) they scoop up the bleach-white, speedo-donning, beer-bellied foreigners who are, lets face it, also quite ugly!

I agree that some guys look good with a tan, but mainly because they can pull it off with their taut, young skin! I like good-looking guys (whichever skin color they may have). But what do you think? All too often I see residents with just downright ugly, farangs!!!

Then again, it's your prerogative.

LOL...

:D

Great and smart posting.

Putting aside all these debate on skin color..

I think this thread have some of the better writing than most of the others.

Wow... lots of posts to get back to here...

The reasons Thai men would not want a dark skinned girl is because they are a bit racist, and worried about what their peers would think.

Again, we really should stay away from the term "racist". A race is a major division of humankind, which Thai is not. It's even sillier to think that "light Thai" and "dark Thai" are their own separate races. A race has dstinct physical characteristics, and again, Thai merely falls into the Asian race (or perhaps SE Asian, depending on whose take on race you buy into).

he is the epitome of ugliness so would be the last person to qualify to judge others looks cause lets face it indighost you are not goona find a girl in any other part of the world especially if they match your "intellect"

Wow, one period in your whole post... made it... difficult, I suppose, to understand. I am the epitome of ugliness. Fine. You are an insurance salesman. I hope there's not too much paperwork with that.

If anyone wants to let me know how to post images, I'll gladly share a thumbnail of each of the two girls I was in long-term relationships with. One was from the US. They're anything but ugly, and the girl from the states was anything but an idiot.

Ngairo: It sounds like you've found "transformation" within the Landmark curriculum for living. Good luck with that! (hahahahaha)

Princess: I specifically stated it was a non-threat, that is to say, I am not in the very least looking for anything other than conversation, with ANYONE at the moment, aside from the girl who I hope to be involved with. Trying to "pick you up" is anything BUT what I was attempting. How also did you arrive at the conclusion that I'm operating under the pretense that everyone's both Thai and Buddhist? You really need to understand the context of a joke when I use a phrase like "Where's the beef?", ya get me?

I'm not sure what planet you come from, nor what you think about yourself, but judging people on skin color and who they happen to be attracted to is downright immature and bigoted.

Judinging [Thai] people on skin color and who [those Thais] tend to be attracted to is not what I'm doing. I'm commenting on one thing that's gone largely ignored: general ugliness. It know several of my friends who are so gaga over Thai girls that I could blindfold them, spin them around, and then tell them that they're aimed towards a Thai woman and (with the blindfold on) they'll proclaim how hot she is.

The focus has shifted towards the skin-color facet of the discussion. I'm not judging people on their skin color, I'm making observations about what seems to be the generally accepted folkway prevalent in Thailand. I didn't create this folkway. It has been created by the Thais over a period of time extending far before my arrival date in this country.

If the sky is blue, and someone decides it's politically incorrect to say so, isn't it still blue?

These posts are interesting because they allow a bit of handbags at ten paces for all the TF'ers. However judging by the frequency of 'let me show you my idiot opinion' topics recently i would say they are intentionally scripted to give everyone an exhaust for any pent up anger.

Yes, I'm taking a deliberate shot at TFers, mainly because most of you are either sex-tourists or sexpats looking to snag a good piece of meat for either your holiday or your 'extended stay'. I know what kind of messages get sent through the chain here because of details I won't exactly go into, but I will say that the bulk of it makes me wanna ralph all over my computer.

Don't get me wrong--there are some good guys whose intentions SEEM aligned with some sort of aversion to the moral cess-pool that is the Thai expat community--but they pale in numbers compared to those trolling for a piece. The latter group incidentally tend to be either in the midst of (or well beyond) a mid-life crisis, and are trying to snag a 20-year-old to roll back their psychological ticker. Who cares if they're fat, bald, ugly, or an English teacher... they're old, and it's disgusting. What are the young guys like myself supposed to do? (Oh yeah, that's right... we have the 'quality' girls left over!)

But whatever--you're in a third-world country, and that means GREEN LIGHT for EXPLOTATION! ...on some front... be it lowered overhead for your newly-relocated business or girls who need financial stability... what have you... Thailand is ripe for the pickin'!

And yes, many of the girls are on here to prey off of the lowered bar of Farang standards. That, and you have citizens of national superpowers living here! Hop on that money-stud, ladies! He may be fat and ugly, but YOU now have PRADA SHOES and an apartment/condo/townhouse to call your own! Lucky you!

Yes, this may be my big finale for this forum, and maybe even for TF. I'm sure many of you will say "good riddance", and that is just dandy. I'm quite sure that, at the end of the day, it's not like this site's for making friends anyway... at least from a statistical perspective. I can, at least, say that three good people have surfaced (for me) and that I'm great friends with them. But the overwhelming lot of you are kii dteen to the max.

Go ahead and consider me a bigot, a racist, a babbling idiot. You're allowed to JUDGE me, you're allowed to PIGEON-HOLE me, you're allowed to apply me to those GENERAL CLASSIFICATIONS. You don't know me, and you're guilty of the same things your mouths condemn me for, but alas I am merely making social commentary.

Not one of you has focused on the sociological side of this; not one of you has disputed that, generally speaking, class does correlate with skin color amongst Thai people (women especially). Not one of you has decided to shift the conversation towards the "why is that?" facet of the discussion. No, you're concerned rather with taking shots at me. I don't mind; it is, after all, why I started this thread. That, and I simply love forcing others to evaluate and iterate their preferences and moral positions. It seems most people don't turn on their brains unless they're pissed off. It also seems this same lot, by doing so, tends to "turn the light on in an empty room", so-to-speak.

indigest, or whatever your name is.

When so many critisicise but none support your ideas, dos that not make you question yourself?

Or dont you care what society thinks about you?

Clearly a man with far greater intelligence than i will ever have.

But even a humble man like me can see that brains and intellect is something i would never wish for it it meant sacrificing social skills and popularity.

None support my ideas?

My main idea is that farang have bad taste in Thai women.

Now look at the poll results.

9 is infinitely greater than "none".

Furthermore, the social circle amongst whom I'm "popular" consists of intellectual peers. I don't expect, nor do I want, to be "popular" on TF. It is my friends and peers who enjoy my "social skills", which are not lacking amongst the right crowd.

Furthermore, the social circle amongst whom I'm "popular" consists of intellectual peers. I don't expect, nor do I want, to be "popular" on TF. It is my friends and peers who enjoy my "social skills", which are not lacking amongst the right crowd.

Well you sure seem to spend a lot of time on here trying to explain yourself to those u clearly dont feel worthy of your time.

My assumption being your either talking out of a hole in your ass or .....................NO there is no or.

You don't, perchance, wear a Speedo, my friend, do you? :lol:

Obviously this is a wind-up. And as I've said, I'm well aware that I'm an immature babbling idiot. And I've noted that although I'm in the upper tail of the bell-curve, I know I'm not "the smartest" out there.

Congrats on ISPE; I personally find it a tad snobbish to throw a group like that together, let alone to enroll. To each her own, I suppose. According to the organization's 'goals' page, shouldn't you be encouraging me to sit some tests? :D

You do that and Ngairo can convince me to blow all my money to fund Werner Erhard et al. (Ngairo--ever research the original est? Or are you old enough to have actually taken part in it?)

BTW, you can google ISPE (not the pharmaceutical one) if you don't know what it is. Yeah, I'm a member, and not an ounce better than any other soul in this community.

Finally, I find a fellow member. The Institute of Swimming Pool Engineers is alive and well in TF!!! I'm being facetious. I googled it...

No, no, you got the wrong one.

It's the Institute of Superior Pundit Egotists. :wink:

**** i thought it was the stereophallic poultry examiners my bad wrong room.