Silly Season (Footbun)

zeusbheld

it's that time of the year again. the season's over in most places, the biggest tournament ended, now we can focus on the really important stuff.... footballers changing clubs for ridiculous sums of money and even more ridiculous salaries.

transfer rumors are like jelly donuts---overpriced, empty calories, but delicious in a sleazy, trashy sort of way.

so.... anyone got any juicy, bloated overstuffed transfer rumors? or any comments on transfers that already happened? is your club getting stronger in silly season or headed straight down the crapper? will Christina Ronaldo move to sapain and 'see other people,' leaving poor Shrek alone and broken-hearted?

ha ha lol ronaldinho was going to man city but if u acctually look at him now hes looks about 16 stone!!!!

maybe he should register as more than one player... although his agent / brother/ whatever insists he's going to AC Milan.

here's an exclusive rumor, based on my 'inside' information: Jo is going to city. what? you say it's a done deal? along with Dunne re-upping? oh.um.. never mind then. a good signing IMO. watched him play for Moscow on tv once or twice. he's a big strong dude who can play behind a poacher as a second striker, but i think (from what little i've seen) he's a decent finisher too.

latest gossip is that Ronaldinho rejected city and wants to go to milan. however, one must bear in mind that the source of the rumor *is* AC Milan.

Arsenal are leading the Arshavin sweepstakes at the moment, according to the bbc.

i'm not sure if i can handle the idea of a Arshavin at the Arse. the potential for juvenile potty jokes is just too high. :shock:

Arsenal are leading the Arshavin sweepstakes at the moment, according to the bbc.

i'm not sure if i can handle the idea of a Arshavin at the Arse. the potential for juvenile potty jokes is just too high. :shock:

apparently arsene wenger has been quoted as saying arsenal need to make a 24 million pounds a year profit every season on transfer fees .... that doesn't sound good !!!

the way I try and sift the wheat from the chaff is to look at what paper carries the 'gossip'. If its a red top its usually sh*t, if it's 'various' theres usually some truth in it, and if it's the telegraph or independent it's usually spot on!!

adebayore to stay (hoepfully) arshavin to come,(why potty jokes about his name when ARSEne is already at the Arsenal.

And hopefully that thieving bast**d Ferguson will lose Ronaldo to Madrid!! :twisted:

Since arriving at the club in 2003 Abramovich has spent approximately £600 million.

Mughahhahaa thats silly, but if I conned £30 billion out of my country I'd blow it all on Football, Art and women much like Roman has.....

So mirror mirror on the wall who we getting this year?

Andrei Arshavin

Deco

Ronaldinho

Since arriving at the club in 2003 Abramovich has spent approximately £600 million.

Mughahhahaa thats silly, but if I conned £30 billion out of my country I'd blow it all on Football, Art and women much like Roman has.....

So mirror mirror on the wall who we getting this year?

Andrei Arshavin

Deco

Ronaldinho

arshavin'd rather go to Barca, 'dinho would rather go to AC Milan.

i think you might already have deco, which makes no sense unless fat frank does join the special one at inter. i can't imagine trying to cram deco, lamps and ballack on the field all at once, unless you make one (or more) of them into really sloooow wingers.

A lot of my English friends are constantly shocked at my vehement hate of Ferguson since, and I quote, 'You are both Scottish'.

Maybe so, but he is still a dour, gum chewing, money stealing barsteward!!!

Hadnt thought out the ARShavin bit!! lol, yes very non consensual!!

:twisted:

A lot of my English friends are constantly shocked at my vehement hate of Ferguson since, and I quote, 'You are both Scottish'.

don't feel bad, i know a lot of republicans who hate Dubya.

he ain't havin my ars no matter how many damn trophies he win.

Oh dont worry - lose no sleep over it at all!!! :twisted:

the only thing i lose sleep over, as far hat hating man u goes, is that i miss out on all those fancy handbags man u supporters buy. i hear they have handbag parties, where they all get together, watch christina ronaldo highlights, have pillow fights, and swap handbags and strappy sandals. i also hear thanks to their excellent taste in women's accessories, the handbags those guys buy go for a premium on ebay (although Luis Vuitton has sued ebay, so it might be hard to sell some of them).

the only thing i lose sleep over, as far hat hating man u goes, is that i miss out on all those fancy handbags man u supporters buy. i hear they have handbag parties, where they all get together, watch christina ronaldo highlights, have pillow fights, and swap handbags and strappy sandals. i also hear thanks to their excellent taste in women's accessories, the handbags those guys buy go for a premium on ebay (although Luis Vuitton has sued ebay, so it might be hard to sell some of them).

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! I forgot about the handbag parties!!! may change allegiances forthwith! :twisted:

here's one i never would have guessed .... fowler was a great striker, but he's never been the same player since a succession of injuries. can't see him hacking it in the premier league now !!

Robbie Fowler is poised to make a surprise move back to the Premier League after Cardiff announced he is set to join Blackburn Rovers.

The 33-year-old, who scored six goals in 16 games for the Bluebirds last season, has been linked with a move away from Ninian Park all summer and is now on the verge of being reunited with former Liverpool team-mate Paul Ince, who has taken over from Mark Hughes as manager at Ewood Park.

A statement on Cardiff's website said: 'Late on Thursday Robbie informed us that he has been offered the opportunity to join Blackburn Rovers.

'We fully understand the lure of the Premier League was a major factor in his decision and we wish Robbie well in the future at his new club.'

The potential transfer is particularly surprising given the former England international failed to play for Cardiff after December 15 last season due to injury, missing the Welsh club's FA Cup final appearance against Portsmouth.

looks like some good news for arsenal .... at last !!!

Nasri completes move to Arsenal

Nasri has been dubbed the new Zinedine Zidane

Arsenal have completed the signing of Marseille midfielder Samir Nasri for an undisclosed fee.

The 21-year-old, who made two appearances as a substitute for France during Euro 2008, has signed a "long-term" contract with the Gunners.

He said: "This is a very important step in my life as a footballer because Arsenal is a massive club."

Manager Arsene Wenger told the club's website: "He is young, quick and technically an outstanding player."

He has shown great potential with his performances for Marseille and the French national team

Arsene Wenger on Nasri

Nasri, who has been dubbed the new Zinedine Zidane, joined Marseille as a nine-year-old and made his league debut during the 2004-2005 season.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger wants to team up Ajax striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar to replace exit-bound Emmanuel Adebayor.