• Connection made
    • Going home
    • Cold
    • BKK Blue Sky

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't read through all comments so I'm not sure what the thread is like on the 4th and 5th page. But I do agree with Outoforder and P'nicky.

This is a photo competition, so I don't understand why photoshop is allowed. What's the point of mastering the skills of photography if you can just use technology to fix it? I only have a stupid digital camera and no skills in photography but put in a lot of imagination and practice in taking photos. I thought this is what the competition is supposed to be.

I never knew photoshopped is allowed. It is pointless competiting with the photos that is not even real.

And for begged votes, where's the proud in getting the number of votes? This is almost like politicians claiming the rights of their seat in the parliament after buying the votes and using connection.

If winning a competition with the grand prize of a t-shirt is this corrupted, I don't hope for much for things with higher returns than this.

love 3, 5, 7 and 13. I vote for 5 because of its extraordinary.

Wondering how come the last pic. has so many votes. I mean, seriously, is it better than 3, 5 and 7? Come on stop asking for vote via PM already!!!

huh? :shock: dont tell me someone send out a PM asking other to vote in this thread????? That's Stupid :arrow:

PS: I agreed, last pic is not any better than many entries, actually not a good one but why got so many votes. I like 1st one better as its also BKK view but you can see a big different. (Sorry I didnt mean to offend the owner of first entry.. you did a good job, I like it.)

I'm not in this to win or loose, but its nice for me to put a photo up each month for people the criticize, or praise, one day I might even win you never know.

I just find it a bit childish that its become another vehicle for the vote whoring popularity race.

Come on love, tell me which one is yours? And I will do vote whoring for your entry.. let me do that stupid biz for u.. oopz! :lol:

Now Im curious to know which one is yours!!! coz u said its obvious but I dont know!!

I'm not in this to win or loose, but its nice for me to put a photo up each month for people the criticize, or praise, one day I might even win you never know.

I just find it a bit childish that its become another vehicle for the vote whoring popularity race.

Come on love, tell me which one is yours? And I will do vote whoring for your entry.. let me do that stupid biz for u.. oopz! :lol:

Now Im curious to know which one is yours!!! coz u said its obvious but I dont know!!

hhhhhhhhh ok tell me too i will vote for you tooo :oops:

for all I care as long as you can be bothered to at least give some rational explanation as to why one,

You SERIOUSLY need more explanation on WHY that twirl is BAD? It doesn't take up half of a donkey's common sense to work that out.

I've said what i said and i mean what i mean. And i know most of you know what i mean... Please... as far as civil goes, i don't see that you're following your rules either.

Care to quote were on this thread I was not civil (except for my comment below)? :roll:

Zeusb & Ian_D made it quite clear they didn't like 'Twisted' either but at least gave some reasons.

My second comment (which i have edited also) said : It's offensive to the artistic world of photography.

That was ONE of my reasons. I'm surprised you didn't see that comment... or were you just reading between the lines.

Look luv, until you have the courage to submit some work of your own to have it scrutinized over, your opinion that some entry is 'offensive to the art of photography' does mean jack s**t (and yes, I would consider this as not being civil :P ).

Nothing wrong with a bit of criticism good or bad, and do you really need to justify your criticisms?

It is a bit lame to change a photo totally from its original state and enter it into a photo competition, wouldn't it then become a piece of art or just an image rather than a photo?

I'm still scratching my head over the vote ***** almost being in the lead!

I'm not sure why the image is even worth a few pages hassle.

I of course, will submit my PHOTOGRAPHY one of these days when I can find a piece that is good enough to enter. I didn't think the photo I had was good enough to compete and therefore I struggled to enter it. The piece I have, I wouldn't call it 'photography' either and that is why i didn't enter it. And that is what I call respecting the value of this only artistic activity on TF.

Why are you not being civil? You know WHO posted that image and seem overly protective about it... taking my comments more personally than to evaluate my statements. While you choose to continue to attack me and turn your blind eyes on over another 'scandal' that is obviously going on in this competition.

The poster of 'twisted' made no effort in the submission and i feel no need to make an effort thinking of any more meaningful words than 'unacceptable' and 'ridiculous'.

unacceptable:

adj. Not acceptable; unsatisfactory.

1. not adequate to give satisfaction

2. not conforming to standard usage

ridiculous:

adj. Deserving or inspiring ridicule; absurd, preposterous, or silly.

I can post the image i was going to submit on here if you want.But i repeat, it's just a photograph... Not photography.

When someone has the courage to join the competition, that person must have some confident that what he/she have is a good one and would be qualified.

Twisted cant be classed as artistic one or a great photo.. It just funnily meets with the In the Sky theme. :roll: Adjust a bit before submit the photo is ok tho' but I'm not sure what was happeneing while he/she was working on this photo.

ah yeah, I dont submit any entry either... my comment that Twisted is not qualified does mean just another jack s**t.

Haven't read through all comments so I'm not sure what the thread is like on the 4th and 5th page. But I do agree with Outoforder and P'nicky.

This is a photo competition, so I don't understand why photoshop is allowed. What's the point of mastering the skills of photography if you can just use technology to fix it? I only have a stupid digital camera and no skills in photography but put in a lot of imagination and practice in taking photos. I thought this is what the competition is supposed to be.

I never knew photoshopped is allowed. It is pointless competiting with the photos that is not even real.

And for begged votes, where's the proud in getting the number of votes? This is almost like politicians claiming the rights of their seat in the parliament after buying the votes and using connection.

If winning a competition with the grand prize of a t-shirt is this corrupted, I don't hope for much for things with higher returns than this.

Ok, somehow this month seems to have generated a lot of interest and some of it for the wrong reasons. Let's deal with the Photoshop issue first.

If you read the rules (that are linked to in every months announcement thread) you will find that Photoshop (and similar programs) are allowed. I hear you disagree because it is a photo competition, so I will explain my reasoning behind allowing it.

Since photography has gone digital softwares like Photoshop that allow enhancing, modifying and manipulation of digital images have become as common as digital camers itself. Now I have simply neither the time nor am I expert enough to check every entry if it has been enhanced, modified or manipulated (ok, the last one is usually easy enough to spot :wink: ). Therefore it was a choice of disallowing Photoshop and trusting members to abide by that (including the page long arguments that would ensue every month with people claiming such-and-such entry is Photoshopped) or allowing it and letting the TF members decide if they prefer 'proper' photos (that may still have had some software treatment) or some manipulated compositions.

One may argue that enhancement only could be allowed but then how much and what type of enhancements? How do you control the limited use of such features?

In the interest of keeping things simple I decided to allow it. Like you I have only a fairly simple non-SLR digital camera (a 3 year old Sony Cybershot) but so what. I still enter (almost) every month a picture (even though they do everytime abysmal in the voting :oops: ). And looking at the winners we had so far they were mostly 'proper' photos. The exeptions were the flowers and last months birthday competition which clearly had some post-processing done. But here too if you have a poor photo you won't get a great one by using Photoshop (and somehow I have weird sensation someone is going to prove me wrong on this :wink: ).

Anyway, since there are no grand prizes to be won, sorry admin I know we have the t-hsirt this month....yeeehhaaww, this should all just be a little bit of fun...sanook. Maybe learn a bit to improve as well.

Hence this whole voting malarky this month is just very, very sad. :shock:

I would be in favor of there being a restriction on photoshopping.

Images could be ENHANCED by using filters/contrasts/curves/brightness and so on.

But I don't agree on photos being MODIFIED, cut and pastes/warping/distortion and so on, in my tiny mind that changes an image from being a photo to being a work of art.

Its just a suggestion for the future competitions, I'd also like to suggest the banning of vote whoring and rigging the competition for the future.

Its a mice monthly competition, and I'd hate to see it become messy.

for all I care as long as you can be bothered to at least give some rational explanation as to why one,

You SERIOUSLY need more explanation on WHY that twirl is BAD? It doesn't take up half of a donkey's common sense to work that out.

I've said what i said and i mean what i mean. And i know most of you know what i mean... Please... as far as civil goes, i don't see that you're following your rules either.

Honestly, I was wondering what is that Pic still doing ..IN.. the competition?

:shock:

, wouldn't it then become a piece of art or just an image rather than a photo?

yeah, i think once you've added p/s to a photograph , it's not longer a photograph, anyway vote for the one you like ,easy, no need for anyone to comment on how bad they are for using p/s , at least they're entering, have a laugh if you like but for god's sake don't get uppity about it.

Nothing wrong with a bit of criticism good or bad, and do you really need to justify your criticisms?

It is a bit lame to change a photo totally from its original state and enter it into a photo competition, wouldn't it then become a piece of art or just an image rather than a photo?

I'm still scratching my head over the vote ***** almost being in the lead!

Of course there is nothing wrong with critisism good or bad. Rather the opposite I would hope.

It's not even about 'Twisted' for me really. Just saying something is 's**te' or 'awesome' for the sake of critisism alone doens't do anything in improving things. And it sure is no fun for those participating (well ok, the 'awesome' bit would be of course :wink: ). I just expect more than just a Siam-Hotel like comment, the eternal optimist that I am. :roll:

If one just wants to vent a bit I'm sure there are still some KyotoKoala or generic bar-girl threads going in the forums somewhere.

As for the voting irregularities, I agree that this blows big time.

I just hope this is not a taste of things to come in Florida...

Peace out...