• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well.... the thread is called "weird behavior" :lol:

Thats "wierd thai behaviour"

What ever that is :?:

Are you sure?

You will have to ask the OP that started this crazy discussion. ( I quoted the title)

i just wanted to get an idea what s wrong when people talk normally even for short time just like in a social group, I got really irritated to see people acting arrogantly and in very unfriendly mood then all sudden behind the curtains they bombard u with messages ???

weird indeed ?

I can be unfriendly in any cost if I choose to act so with someone. There are many people in TF that I never want to get to know or dont want to get to know more after learning about them from what they wrote and how they present themselve in website.. so I can act like they aren't exist at all... there're always some reason(s).

But it doesnt mean that I dont like every ppl that I didnt talk with.. it can be like I wasn't drunk enough or I focus on someone/something else more by that time.. etc sometime I attended event coz I wanted to meet someone who also attend so I would focus on that one more than other.

Once I met a woman at the event, I didnt have a word with her or even say hi but I actually couldn't stop looking at her whenever she turned her face away so she couldn't see that I'm looking at her (not with the unfriendly look, of course).I kept telling myself this woman looks good and months later I told her via testimonial...I don't remember why but maybe she said something to me first then I thought it's a time to confess...

Yeah I'm (another)weirdo here.. :twisted:

We encourage everyone to treat each other with mutual respect. Do not use the Thailandfriends.com Services to threaten, harass, stalk, or abuse others participating in any Thailandfriends.com Service

Thailandfriends.com does not tolerate disruptive activity online, and you gotta admit nearly all DO_IT's posts are pretty much in that category

Falsely impersonating a Thailandfriends.com employee, agent, manager, host, or any other person with the intent to mislead or cause harm to others is forbidden.

making a fake profile that suggests Larry's Dive is a sh*t hole is cough - misleading - cough

And most importantly those terms and conditions belong to the old regime and are hopelessly outdated...

the admin is dead long live the admin

This will get you no where, the T&Cs are not consistently enforced and the application of yellow cards are about as objective as former PM Samaks temperment.

which is why you should afford new mods some slack, no?

I notice consistent defence of new members yet none of this "compassion" is shown to new mods trying to find their way amongst a confusing, outdated and hardly ever adhered to T&C

if we adhered to the T&C we'd all be banned within hours of logging on

double standards because the mods wield illusory power?

Saint Jay, didn't you say you were eating your 'stake'?

BTW Very entertaining thread .......... go on, I won't disturb you peeps anymore :twisted:

At these events are a range of interesting people representing a fair sample of generally middle class society of various occupations. Most are well educated and articulate.

That's true about the events, some really great non-bar oriented events. Not so sure it's all fluffy bunnies with everyone that attends. Dig under the surface of some of the "respectable" farangs in Bangkok and one often finds something less wholesome. Sure there are some genuinely nice people, Ghee being one of them. But there's some truth to the less generous opinions. One can never be too careful.

Whiskers is another: a thorough gentleman with a great warm personality and social skills, but all people can do here is beat him up for 'vote-whoring'.

5555 yes well Whiskers does appear to be a very likeable chap, but you can't complain about him being treated ilke a vote *****! He is!

Well I have had my vent so, "Cry havoc, and let loose the dogs of war."

woof woof :wink:

Wow!!

I am so glad we can get so worked up about next to nothing!

Look, authority figures, be they mods, employers, police, teachers etc etc are always going to make decisions that the majority disagree with.

There are far greater injustices going on in the world than some grade a troll getting a 3 day holiday from a site that he either really doesn't like or, as if it is who I suspect it is, is merely on a guerrilla mission to wind up admin and the mods.

And yes, Danny is a bit bad cop to Nicky's good cop, but so what?? It's just another piece of colourful tile in the weird mosaic that is TF.

I have had 2 yellow cards in my time; both, in my mind at least, for very minor infractions, but still breaches of the T + C nonetheless.

My first one was for creating a fake profile; no malicious intent behind it at all. It was merely satirising a very obvious sex tourist who had joined at that time, and I created a profile to rip the utter p*ss out him.

But it was still a breach of t + c so I got a card. But, due to the circumstances (and it being my birthday in the middle of suspension) admin revoked the card after a day!

My second one was for posting a humorous poll questioning the sexual orientation of someone involved with TF. Again, no ill intent, but by naming a TF member I had again broken one of the T + C's. So what? It even gave me some amusement when Dave posted a free Iain_D journal!!

The suspension is 3 days away for goodness sake; he hasn't been flogged, or stoned, or jailed with no charges or any of the other myriad of human rights infractions that take place every day so can we all please retrieve our dollys and replace them in our prams and stop holding on to mummy's skirt while we have a good cry.

Now I think it's group hug time again; especially Danny and MM!!!

Time to spread the...

harmony.jpg

:)

Wow!!

I am so glad we can get so worked up about next to nothing!

Look, authority figures, be they mods, employers, police, teachers etc etc are always going to make decisions that the majority disagree with.

There are far greater injustices going on in the world than some grade a troll getting a 3 day holiday from a site that he either really doesn't like or, as if it is who I suspect it is, is merely on a guerrilla mission to wind up admin and the mods.

And yes, Danny is a bit bad cop to Nicky's good cop, but so what?? It's just another piece of colourful tile in the weird mosaic that is TF.

I have had 2 yellow cards in my time; both, in my mind at least, for very minor infractions, but still breaches of the T + C nonetheless.

My first one was for creating a fake profile; no malicious intent behind it at all. It was merely satirising a very obvious sex tourist who had joined at that time, and I created a profile to rip the utter p*ss out him.

But it was still a breach of t + c so I got a card. But, due to the circumstances (and it being my birthday in the middle of suspension) admin revoked the card after a day!

My second one was for posting a humorous poll questioning the sexual orientation of someone involved with TF. Again, no ill intent, but by naming a TF member I had again broken one of the T + C's. So what? It even gave me some amusement when Dave posted a free Iain_D journal!!

The suspension is 3 days away for goodness sake; he hasn't been flogged, or stoned, or jailed with no charges or any of the other myriad of human rights infractions that take place every day so can we all please retrieve our dollys and replace them in our prams and stop holding on to mummy's skirt while we have a good cry.

Now I think it's group hug time again; especially Danny and MM!!!

Time to spread the...

harmony.jpg

You had me at "Wow!" :cry: hehe

Time to spread the...

harmony.jpg

Is that from your home church, Iain? It's lovely! Certainly spreading time!

:twisted:

Unfortunately Mark, most of what would have been my 'home churches' have been desecrated and pulled down to build country Churches more to your liking!!

However, I forgive those transgressions, and now the roof of my home church is the sky, the walls are the trees and hills and the floor is the grass and flowers.

Now hug someone goddessdamn you!!!

I'm not here to to tell you why...I'm here for truth, justice and the TF way...

Move along people...nothing to see... :arrow:

None of the mods are here to explain ourselves to you...You don't like it, complain to Admin.

The guy attacked TF, not in a well thought out criticism or with well founded grievances but with venom and an uncalled for attack on its members.

and not just this post alone.

Really, I'm not going to keep posting explanations, you don't like it, take it up with Admin.

Gotta love that! I really miss Tom!!! Can't believe he left us!

:twisted: ******** grumpy mode*

I'm not here to to tell you why...I'm here for truth, justice and the TF way...

Move along people...nothing to see... :arrow:

None of the mods are here to explain ourselves to you...You don't like it, complain to Admin.

The guy attacked TF, not in a well thought out criticism or with well founded grievances but with venom and an uncalled for attack on its members.

and not just this post alone.

Really, I'm not going to keep posting explanations, you don't like it, take it up with Admin.

Gotta love that! I really miss Tom!!! Can't believe he left us!

:twisted: *f*cking grumpy mode*

What's the matter baby, You think that every decision deserves an explanation?

Back on topic...

I suspect that many of the people who have posted so much BS on here have seldom, if never, been to a TF event.

Message: people who go to TF events are good. Other people are bad

The Thai girls (who were the ones who were really insulted by the OP)

Interesting, I got the feeling that you and Dannyboy were the only people that did feel insulted by the OP. The girls that commented mostly tried to explain to the OP a bit about their culture, the guys just had a field day trashing him for saying something a bit controversial and likely plain wrong.

Most people know the "TF mafia" has operated on the forums here for a long time. They love to crush any diverse opinion, however well versed and humiliate their opponents.

That's funny I would argue that the exact same nickname and definition could apply to a few TFers who regularly attend TF events (ie. members of the TF community). In fact, it has been used that way in the past.

I will give you a few examples of the people who make TF an interesting and meaningful place through events and forums. Ghee is one, Whiskers is another. The few girls who boldly make an effort to express a point of view: bCool, Pandorea, BigKus, Cherie, babyoiy and a few others are to be commended for having the courage to do so.

I agree, these people are cool and I consider some of them as good friends. However, I don't think that any of the girls you mentioned really need you to do your "knight in shining armor" macho thing and jump in to defend them. We don't live in 18th century England anymore. Women can actually speak and defend themselves on an internet forum.

As for your usual "TF community (ie. people who regularly attend the events) is the only thing good about this site", I find it boring, slightly insulting and repetitive. But, I doubt you'll be carded for it. That could be what the real "TF Mafia" is all about.

Dannyboy - I have a feeling people got upset at you because you didn't move a muscle when almost everybody was completely trashing the OP of this forum. Yet, as soon as somebody said something a bit negative about the TF community (and not against any of its members in particular) you jump in and start shooting yellow cards. You should at least strive to be impartial, when making those kind of decisions. Otherwise, you look like a sport referee who only calls out the penality against the home team.

Dannyboy - I have a feeling people got upset at you because you didn't move a muscle when almost everybody was completely trashing the OP of this forum. Yet, as soon as somebody said something a bit negative about the TF community (and not against any of its members in particular) you jump in and start shooting yellow cards. You should at least strive to be impartial, when making those kind of decisions. Otherwise, you look like a sport referee who only calls out the penality against the home team.

I didn't move a muscle as you say because I had only just got online and saw the thread as it was....many pages in. I do strive to be impartial though and I will warn any member of TF, regardless of who they think they are...

Like I said before and on many occasions. I cannot and will not explain myself every time I make a decision. Sorry but that's the way it is. I really don't have the time or patience to keep replying to people who think they know best.

I value all you guys and the input you give but really, look across this thread. How many times have I had to say the same thing? Again and again and again!

This is DanielBoy right? Couldn't be anyone else.

An outrageous post, everyone disagrees, argues without common sense or logic, invents friends who have the same experience.... DanielBoy - SURE!!!

(btw where do you get 5 TF friends from if no-one speaks to you?)

I didn't mean 5 TFs I meant 5 male buddy i know, besides the title of the thread is a bit misleading as it also include the same explanation to other social events from other websites, i said that I don't get bothered at all from people acting this way because i ignore them as well and I enjoy with my own social group buddy, what it shock me is why they contact me back ???

isn't the purpose of the social events is for entertainment recreations and enjoying as groups be it in a buffet one or a clubbing one, i just explained that it s useless to send messages to someone once the event is over if the person didn't show interest there or at least gave some minor introduction.

Ever think maybe it is you and your attitude....get a clue...

Take Cherie's advice, stay home

You ride motocross?

NOT *every* but there are *some* decisions that *some* ppl *doubt* if it's really the way it should be handled. And so the questions raised... I would be appreciated if you can explain a bit more, like if he's an old member who has been banned etc. That would be understandable and probably end the case.

But now you only got me remember that clearly in my mind that if I don't like it, take it up to Admin. And so I suddenly miss my beloved Admin, Tom. I enjoy some new things we have in TF after Tom stepped down but I also miss something that we used to have when he was running TF. (FYI: I dont know him in person)

Of course, if I don't like the way you moderate TF, I blame Admin coz he's the one who let you.

Ps: I truly understand that the Mods working for nothing but to keep website running smoothly and peacefully. Believe me that's what I want TF to be too.

BR,

NOT *every* but there are *some* decisions that *some* ppl *doubt* if it's really the way it should be handled. And so the questions raised... I would be appreciated if you can explain a bit more, like if he's an old member who has been banned etc. That would be understandable and probably end the case.

But now you only got me remember that clearly in my mind that if I don't like it, take it up to Admin. And so I suddenly miss my beloved Admin, Tom. I enjoy some new things we have in TF after Tom stepped down but I also miss something that we used to have when he was running TF. (FYI: I dont know him in person)

Of course, if I don't like the way you moderate TF, I blame Admin coz he's the one who let you.

Ps: I truly understand that the Mods working for nothing but to keep website running smoothly and peacefully. Believe me that's what I want TF to be too.

BR,

Ok, baby you don't like the way I moderate...Because I won't take rubbish from people...Today also, I have received messages of support from fellow members, Thai and foreign. So I can't all be that bad, can I?

You are entitled to your opinion as is everyone...Let's just agree to disagree shall we?... :D

BR,

Ok, baby you don't like the way I moderate...Because I won't take rubbish from people...Today also, I have received messages of support from fellow members, Thai and foreign. So I can't all be that bad, can I?

You are entitled to your opinion as is everyone...Let's just agree to disagree shall we?... :D

she said IF

OK she said IF, same same but different.