Thai Music with depth and meaning.

PSA

My music collection is positively ancient and needs updating. I am a fan of old Thai folk songs, Ponsit, Hope, Caravan.

Even older Thai Rock, Why Not 7, Fly, Hin Lek Fai.

The movie Sia Dai was a powerful social documentary film and Seuar's music accompanied it so very well.

All ancient stuff I am afraid, but music with depth and meaning. I know there must be newer bands of various genres producing music with the same depth But a little advice on what's good and the new styles worth listening to, would help greatly. Suggestions welcomed please.

Thanks,

JT

I was referring to my less than knowledgeable understanding of where one should post on TS. Looked at it for a second and then deleted the post. I was calling myself a bovine for making yet another fo par on TS. Then decided to not be so hard on myself.

Sorry for the confusion.

actually quite clever putting it in "spot the faker," no bovine at all---more like calling out all those Thai blands i mean bands who have heard too many Eagles and/or Scorpions records.

i don't have any suggestions music-wise but will be watching this thread with interest for any musicians not influenced by the Scorpions or Eagles.