Becks a self-absorbed *****...

zeusbheld

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ffs ..... so he didn't break his contract ... what exactly is the big deal ??

the big deal is that it is possible to entirely f*ck over the people you enter into contract with by forcing them to renegotiate according to your new terms.

the big deal is that *technically* renegotiating isn't "breaking," but only TECHNICALLY. forcing someone to renegotiate according to your whims IS a*s-raping the spirit of the contract. MLS/LA's only options were to a) bend over and take it up the a*s, or B) mutual assured destruction--threaten up Becks in litigation, injunction after injunction, appeal after appeal, long enough to ensure that the only way he'd ever play football again is for LA. neither is a PR goldmine but i really don't see how it is anything but obvious that LA "consented" with a gun to their f*cking head.

Zeus mate, I don't really understand why this is all such a big issue for you and you feel so worried about the Galaxy unless their your team? Sports clubs and sports players have been screwing each other over for years have they not? Don't we all bemona the lack of loyalty to clubs these days? Pretty boy is just maximising his opportunities which makes sense.

And technically did he really break or renegotiate his contract? Was he not originally released by Galaxy to play for AC and then he/AC sought to extend the release period? Doesn't appear to be any breach of contract as he is still contracted to the Galaxy and they did seem to play hard ball until their terms were met?

the big deal is that it is possible to entirely f*ck over the people you enter into contract with by forcing them to renegotiate according to your new terms.

the big deal is that *technically* renegotiating isn't "breaking," but only TECHNICALLY. forcing someone to renegotiate according to your whims IS a*s-raping the spirit of the contract. MLS/LA's only options were to a) bend over and take it up the a*s, or B) mutual assured destruction--threaten up Becks in litigation, injunction after injunction, appeal after appeal, long enough to ensure that the only way he'd ever play football again is for LA. neither is a PR goldmine but i really don't see how it is anything but obvious that LA "consented" with a gun to their f*cking head.

Zeus mate, I don't really understand why this is all such a big issue for you

concluding that it is a 'big issue' for me because i started a thread in a sports forum on TF about it is a bit of a stretch. no wait, it's a massive stretch, worthy of a yoga master.

and you feel so worried about the Galaxy unless their your team?
hate them, actually.
Sports clubs and sports players have been screwing each other over for years have they not? Don't we all bemona the lack of loyalty to clubs these days? Pretty boy is just maximising his opportunities which makes sense.

fine but i already acknowledged that. my disdain for miss beckham has more to do with the self-congratulatory dishonesty of his statement to the press.

And technically did he really break or renegotiate his contract? Was he not originally released by Galaxy to play for AC and then he/AC sought to extend the release period? Doesn't appear to be any breach of contract as he is still contracted to the Galaxy and they did seem to play hard ball until their terms were met?

ffs did you even read what you're responding to? apparently not. if you can't be bothered to actually read that's fine but you shouldn't be pretending you're responding to me.

concluding that it is a 'big issue' for me because i started a thread in a sports forum on TF about it is a bit of a stretch. no wait, it's a massive stretch, worthy of a yoga master.

Not because you started the thread more because you invested so much in it. But ok I accept the massive stretch and note the yoga master course is deferred until next incarnation.
and you feel so worried about the Galaxy unless their your team?
hate them, actually.
Sports clubs and sports players have been screwing each other over for years have they not? Don't we all bemona the lack of loyalty to clubs these days? Pretty boy is just maximising his opportunities which makes sense.
fine but i already acknowledged that. my disdain for miss beckham has more to do with the self-congratulatory dishonesty of his statement to the press.
A sportmans being modest and honest to the press! :shock:
ffs did you even read what you're responding to? apparently not. if you can't be bothered to actually read that's fine but you shouldn't be pretending you're responding to me.

FFS I did read what you wrote and your refs of implied, unjust pressure on the 'poor' Galaxy - and what is with all the rape and anal sex fixation?

Though I don't really care, I am just making the point - rightly or wrongly as none of us know what legal docs were transferred between both parties - that the negotiations were seemingly in respect of extending the period of his release to AC, NOT adjusting the terms of his contract to the Galaxy.

But for FFS who really cares about just terms for either party?

concluding that it is a 'big issue' for me because i started a thread in a sports forum on TF about it is a bit of a stretch. no wait, it's a massive stretch, worthy of a yoga master. Not because you started the thread more because you invested so much in it. But ok I accept the massive stretch and note the yoga master course is deferred until next incarnation.

invested so much into it compared to .... what?? other threads on TF? gimme a fuckin BREAK. if it were a 'big issue' for me it would NOT be on TF in the first place.

my disdain for miss beckham has more to do with the self-congratulatory dishonesty of his statement to the press.
A sportmans being modest and honest to the press! :shock:

right then so he should get a free pass and no one should comment.

And technically did he really break or renegotiate his contract?

according to what i had read in several places, he was supposed to be back in LA by now, as opposed to missing games because he's playing for another club. so yeah i'd consider that either a breach or a unilateral renegotiation.

Was he not originally released by Galaxy to play for AC and then he/AC sought to extend the release period?

again, that 'extension' just happens to extend over several months of the MLS season. do you really think they got a good deal out of this? i doubt it.

Doesn't appear to be any breach of contract as he is still contracted to the Galaxy and they did seem to play hard ball until their terms were met?

they 'played hard ball by allowing their best player to miss the first few months of the season? i hope my balls never get that soft.

FFS I did read what you wrote and your refs of implied, unjust pressure on the 'poor' Galaxy -

what did they get out of the deal aside from cutting their losses on some of the money they wasted on beckham? again, not sympathy for the club just want to projectile vomit over the insincere **** faking sincerity.

and what is with all the rape and anal sex fixation?

i was guessing it would turn you on. right again, apparently.

Though I don't really care, I am just making the point - rightly or wrongly as none of us know what legal docs were transferred between both parties - that the negotiations were seemingly in respect of extending the period of his release to AC, NOT adjusting the terms of his contract to the Galaxy.

i would imagine that missing the first few months of the season would qualify as a substantial adjustment to the terms of one's contract.

But for FFS who really cares about just terms for either party?

fair point. but i noticed no one has come on this thread to say "wait!! becks is NOT a self-absorbed *****!" which was, if you recall, what the thread was about, not the terms of his contract.

I thought Beckham's move to LA Galaxy was remarkably astute from both a career and financial point of view. His reputation and brand did mean that his ambition to lift both the team and the league from obscurity was not an impossibility and the fact that he had chosen to do it while he still had 3 or 4 years of viable playing career gave it credibility. In addition it suited his wife whose ambition and talent for self-promotion knows no bounds and is ideally suited to the mindless world of LA.

The fact that he should effectively give up that ambition based on one injury spoilt season shows what an unprincipled spoiled little brat he is. If he really wanted to get his cheque book out it should have been to help LA Galaxy replace some of the donkeys they have playing for them. As it is he is delusional enough to believe his own publicity that he is still and will remain for the next two years a world class player. My guess is that he will be a 'bit part' player at both Milan and England meanwhile he has totally lost all credibility in the USA.

It makes one suspect that the whole LA Galaxy move was more luck than judgment in the first place.

I hardly think a Brit turncoat that has made the yanks look extremely stupid for taking on such a high risk deal will go down well. The only consolation is that Posh, whose pout is one of the most irritating sights on television, should sink without trace too.

The fact that he should effectively give up that ambition based on one injury spoilt season shows what an unprincipled spoiled little brat he is. If he really wanted to get his cheque book out it should have been to help LA Galaxy replace some of the donkeys they have playing for them. As it is he is delusional enough to believe his own publicity that he is still and will remain for the next two years a world class player. My guess is that he will be a 'bit part' player at both Milan and England meanwhile he has totally lost all credibility in the USA.

problem is with the salary cap in place in the US they can't buy top class players to replace the donkeys they already have ... well they might be able to buy them, but they won't be able to pay them what they expect. this is something which will prevent the growth of football in the US.

and he's been a damm sight more than a "bit part" player for Milan already this season .... and what credibility did he ever have in the USA ... all he ever had there was marketability !!!

Whether or not Beck's is a self-absorbed **** to me is irrellavent, he wasn't rich when he became a footballer, his dad was a gas fitter for **** sake. He is living the dream, maximising his earning potential...Who wouldn't do that? It's a bit shitty with what has happened at Galaxy but let's be fair, he went there about 2-3 years too early. Maybe, just maybe there is an ounce of sincerity in what he is doing...He realises now, to maintain an option for England he needs to be playing first-class football.

Whatever history has to say about Beckham when all is said and done, will never detract from me my admiration for him. The PRIDE you see when he puts on the Three Lions. He has lifted the nation. That goal against Greece, was probably the greatest England goal ever scored ( apart from Hurst's finisher in 66) We may have not achieved under his captaincy but for me he is up there with the greats of old.

Honestly, I cannot speak for every England fan but for most he is a Saint. Whatever he is off the pitch, on the pitch he was and still is sometimes, a WORLD-CLASS midfielder.

From one Englishman to another. Sir, I salute you :salute:

even though i'm not overfond of the english .... one thing u got to admire about beckham is his pride in playing for his country. when u look at so many players who r now retiring from international fixtures at a relatively early age to prolong their club career (ie earn **** loads more money) it's refreshing to see someone who actually cares about representing his country !!

and don't get me started on that ***** roy keane walking out on his country before the world cup when captain !! what a **** !!! :x :evil:

even though i'm not overfond of the english .... one thing u got to admire about beckham is his pride in playing for his country. when u look at so many players who r now retiring from international fixtures at a relatively early age to prolong their club career (ie earn sh*t loads more money) it's refreshing to see someone who actually cares about representing his country !!

and don't get me started on that c*nt roy keane walking out on his country before the world cup when captain !! what a **** !!! :x :evil:

Come off it Ciaran, the day he signed for LA Galaxy he must have assumed he was effectively retiring from international fixtures in order to make shed loads of money (and perhaps build a secondary career as an ambassador for football in the US after his playing career was over (in a Michael Jordan sort of way)).

If you are right in saying that he had no credibility in the US, presumably because soccer is considered a joke, he has clearly come to the same conclusion and changed his mind about his commitment to LA Galaxy. But let's face it, when he signed that contract he would have been under no illusions about the consequences for his international career and now that he has broken that contract at least in spirit we shouldnt admire his feeble excuses.

even though i'm not overfond of the english .... one thing u got to admire about beckham is his pride in playing for his country. when u look at so many players who r now retiring from international fixtures at a relatively early age to prolong their club career (ie earn sh*t loads more money) it's refreshing to see someone who actually cares about representing his country !!

and don't get me started on that c*nt roy keane walking out on his country before the world cup when captain !! what a **** !!! :x :evil:

Come off it Ciaran, the day he signed for LA Galaxy he must have assumed he was effectively retiring from international fixtures in order to make shed loads of money (and perhaps build a secondary career as an ambassador for football in the US after his playing career was over (in a Michael Jordan sort of way)).

If you are right in saying that he had no credibility in the US, presumably because soccer is considered a joke, he has clearly come to the same conclusion and changed his mind about his commitment to LA Galaxy. But let's face it, when he signed that contract he would have been under no illusions about the consequences for his international career and now that he has broken that contract at least in spirit we shouldnt admire his feeble excuses.

if memory serves correct .... becks was frozen out at both madrid and england when he started contract talks with LA (although i may be wrong). i'm sure he still wanted to play for england but mcclaren had made it clear he wasn't part of his plans, until he he was forced to bring him back !! then when he was recalled by england and madrid it was too late as the deal was done !!

i've no doubt he was also tempted by the shed loads of cash being flung at him, but he could still have playing in europe for a year or 2 and still done something similar. but i guess the only ppl who really know r becks and the others involved in the negotiations.

i think LA and perhaps beckham thought he might be the guy to bring football to the masses in the USA, but i just could never see it .... he's just not that type of player. he was always more about image and marketing than football ability ... although let's not kid urselves ... he's a bloody good footballer !! he just wasn't the type of player to transform a decent/good team into a very good/great team !!

i reckon this deal could in fact suit all 3 parties to a certain extent.

Becks has a nice bit of crumpet if you like a clothes horse/ blow up doll!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

<<and the award for ludicrous statement of the thread goes to..>>

she is a even more self absorbed **** than her husband, looks as if she hasnt had a decnt meal in umpteen years without spewing it up afterwards and has a face like a well skelped water buffalo's ar*e...

:lol:

Now if you can convince LA Galaxy of that I suspect Becks will get his cheque book out for you.

As far as I can see they have simply paid a reported US$250m to make themselves look extremely stupid. And most people can do that for free.

Now if you can convince LA Galaxy of that I suspect Becks will get his cheque book out for you.

As far as I can see they have simply paid a reported US$250m to make themselves look extremely stupid. And most people can do that for free.

well the reason i said it could suit all 3 parties is that the US$250m isn't all a salary paid up front .....

who really cares about the MLS anyway? In terms of contribution to world football it is on a par with some thrid world countries. It's only true purpose is to serve as a retirement home for past-it players. The following post from a football website sums it up for me...

Crawley Town Spokesman Crawley, England

21:04 18 Mar 2009

Great news for the Galaxy that one of our top young coaches is coming over to train your team up. Zonal marking is the way to go. His name is Andy Bridgman. Google him to see his credentials.

:lol::lol:

well the reason i said it could suit all 3 parties is that the US$250m isn't all a salary paid up front .....

Exactly, thats what people are missing. Only 10 million per year is in salary. The rest come from private sponsorships, profit sharing, away gate shares, etc.....

The Galaxy are profiting in the media and in the earnings column. Thats why they want to keep him. Everyone knows who they are now. I have realtives and friends in the UK, Mexico, and Asia constantly asking me for jerseys, signatures and gear.

Herbalife pays 5 million a year to have their name on the jersey. Beckhams arrival created this.

They sold 300,000 jerseys for $95 a pop in his first week. Worldwide, sales to date are estimated at over 20 million

Local, national and International tv rights have brought in over 10 million a year.

Galaxy exhibition matches in New Zealand, China, and Australia have brought them millions as well.

I could go on and on, but the Galaxy are wisely cashing in on this endeavor since the beginning. They are the first and one of the only profitable teams in the league.

Unfortunately, the product on the pitch is mediocre at best. Thats the bottom line and until the MLS changes its salary cap policy and has an FA complient schedule they will be a "B" league no matter who comes to play.

Beckham is losing more since his announcement and his personal sponsorship deals are declining in the U.S.

PoC:

what's the general perception over there? clearly his stock has plummeted in the eyes of sponsors.

what's your impression of how US/LA fans are taking the whole thing? are they alright with it or pissed off?

any idea what the mood at the club is over it?

interesting about the salary cap; it was a good idea at first but i think MLS have outgrown it and must revise their plans if they expect to attract more of an audience. most US fans i know follow english or continental teams more closely than their local teams.

PoC:

what's the general perception over there? clearly his stock has plummeted in the eyes of sponsors.

what's your impression of how US/LA fans are taking the whole thing? are they alright with it or pissed off?

any idea what the mood at the club is over it?

interesting about the salary cap; it was a good idea at first but i think MLS have outgrown it and must revise their plans if they expect to attract more of an audience. most US fans i know follow english or continental teams more closely than their local teams.

Zeus

Those who understand the game and the business accept and understand what Beckham is doing and how it is being dealt with.

Unfortunately, people with that knowledge in the US are in the minority and rare and most view and love soccer(football) as their 2nd,3rd, 4th favorite sport.

I think the compromise is the best scenario at this point.

Couple that with some of the hatred toward the Galaxy for the money, attention, and perceived favoritsm they receive and perception is twisted. The whole beat LA thing is a nationwide phenom.

You get that in New York and in Boston with other sports...haves against the have nots. Big market, little market.

So, general perception and sponsors attraction is negative at this point and goes hand in hand.

The league will never be built up on one player anyway so to me it's just a cycle or stage for the league. The quality on the pitch and of life for the average player must improve for that to keep growing.

MLS is on the radar for sure and they need to capitalize on that.