• 2) Shadow of the Sun
    • 3) Home
    • 4) The Road to Hell
    • 5) Jumping skateboarder
    • 6) Hide & Seek
    • 7) Dusk
    • 8) King of the Swingers
    • 9) Longtail

As some of you have already noticed we have a tie this month. Now, in last months competition thread I already outlined 2 possible ways to deal with such an outcome. Because I feel both photos tied at the top this month are spectacular in their own way and because the topics issued by both photographers are actually somewhat similar, I have taken the decision not to have a run-off vote but to just have 2 winners instead. I hope all of you who have voted and/or submitted entries will agree this is a fair enough decision. 8)

Therefore the winners of June's TF Photo Competition on the topic of "Silhouette" are: "Jumping skateboarder" & "Longtail" by clemenf & si6.

Many Congratulations! :D

The topic for July's (Anniversary) Photo Competition as chosen by clemenf & si6 are:

"In the street" & "urban chaos" respectively. 8)

A separate topic regarding July's competition and how it will work with 2 topics will be posted shortly.

The snappers behind June's entries were:

"First light @ the horizon" - Down2Earth

"Shadow of the Sun" - JackDaniels

"Home" - toma

"The Road to Hell" - I_am_George

"Jumping skateboarder" - clemenf

"Hide & Seek" - Hobbes

"Dusk" - beej

"King of the Swingers" - Alvish

"Longtail" - si6

Many Thanks to all those that participated in the competition as well as to those that voted for their favourite picture.

I made the album on Photobucket now public and it can be found here.

Looking forward to all your chaotic urban street life pictures now.

:rr:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well done both - 2 great pics and worthy of joint winners.

One query - did we not have 'in the street' or 'on the street' a few months back? :?

Yup, well spotted Dr. Watson. :wink:

clemenf has been winning this competition so often now, he's run out of ideas for topics he has informed me prior to this months competition. This is just another good reason to have both topics in the running for July.

well done both - 2 great pics and worthy of joint winners.

One query - did we not have 'in the street' or 'on the street' a few months back? :?

Yup, well spotted Dr. Watson. :wink:

clemenf has been winning this competition so often now, he's run out of ideas for topics he has informed me prior to this months competition. This is just another good reason to have both topics in the running for July.

ahem - Dr Watson? I think you will find that 'Mycroft' is more accurate...

:lol:

Congrats Si and Clemenf - great shots and hats off to hobbes for keeping this photo thingy going...

wonder if the forum polls can be recoded to allow multiple voting - that would put an interesting spin on things especially if there was a 3 points 2 points 1 point kinda way

I like that idea but it's probably to much hassle to implement.

Congrats Si and Clemenf - great shots and hats off to hobbes for keeping this photo thingy going...

wonder if the forum polls can be recoded to allow multiple voting - that would put an interesting spin on things especially if there was a 3 points 2 points 1 point kinda way

Agreed, it might make things different and more interesting, but if it ain't broken, don't fix it!

And yes, hats off to Hobbes.

:bounce:

in the interests of democracy, surely the single transferrable vote system makes perfect sense?

:twisted:

in the interests of democracy, surely the single transferrable vote system makes perfect sense?

I want my Proportional Representation with Ueberhangmandaten and everything. :study:

:thumbleft:

I want my Proportional Representation with Ueberhangmandaten and everything. :study:

overhang mandate?

Now that's just getting complicated. Typical bloody Germans; can you not do something in a straightforward manner just once?

overhang mandate?

Now that's just getting complicated. Typical bloody Germans; can you not do something in a straightforward manner just once?

Crossing borders we can do very straightforward actually.

overhang mandate?

we have noticed; the only bloody country to take an entire panzer division on a weekend break!! :lol:

overhang mandate?

we have noticed; the only bloody country to take an entire panzer division on a weekend break!! :lol:

We would have preferred to take the Maybachs instead but it wasn't our fault our neighbours didn't know how to built Autobahnen. Even going cross-country we like to travel in style and after all even our Panzers were propelled by Maybach engines. :wink:

overhang mandate?

We would have preferred to take the Maybachs instead but it wasn't our fault our neighbours didn't know how to built Autobahnen. Even going cross-country we like to travel in style and after all even our Panzers were propelled by Maybach engines. :wink:

Having seen the pic of you on national service, am not so sure that your definition of 'style' quite reaches the same as the rest of the world.

paintball-panzer.jpg

overhang mandate?

Having seen the pic of you on national service, am not so sure that your definition of 'style' quite reaches the same as the rest of the world.

paintball-panzer.jpg

At least we could drive them half way across Europe without getting lost and breaking down....

....unlike you lot...

1195885278_tank_down.jpg

:eh:

overhang mandate?

paintball-panzer.jpg

At least we could drive them half way across Europe without getting lost and breaking down....

....unlike you lot...

1195885278_tank_down.jpg

well they seemed to get far enough for you lot to come over the hill like this;

GermanSurrender2.jpg

Now that bloody confused us; we wondered where all the French had suddenly come from...

:wink:

overhang mandate?

paintball-panzer.jpg

....unlike you lot...

1195885278_tank_down.jpg

GermanSurrender2.jpg

Now that bloody confused us; we wondered where all the French had suddenly come from...

:wink:[/quote:cca8f567ab]

Just a ruse and part of a plan so cunning it made turnips go green with envy...

...making the empire taking its eyes of the ball and ohh, noo...

27040.jpg

:wink:

overhang mandate?

paintball-panzer.jpg

....unlike you lot...

1195885278_tank_down.jpg

GermanSurrender2.jpg

:wink:[/quote:342cff335d]

Just a ruse and part of a plan so cunning it made turnips go green with envy...

...making the empire taking its eyes of the ball and ohh, noo...

27040.jpg

:wink:[/quote:342cff335d]

Phone the cavalry, wait while they dither for 3 years making their minds up...

mushroomcloud.jpg

game over...

insert coins for more credit.