• A series win to Australia
    • A series win to England
    • A drawn series !!!!!
    • A beer, Bourbon, whiskey, vodka, and gin

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well that's it...3-1 the poms on tour in aus....3 innings defeats in a series....

great play by england as a team all the way through....batting as a unit, bowlers hunting in a pack....poor auusie team but much deserved england win.

a poor aussie team ?? i think they'll get called much worse than that when the aussie media gets stuck into them !! :D:D

the aussie media gets stuck into them !!

Not to mention half the population here as well!!!!! :):)

Met a pom today at work (mind you here's lived in Aust for over 20 yrs) just grinning from ear to ear!!!!!! :evil: :evil:

I a afraid to say it we were not good enough and it will continue for a few more years against the better teams!!!!!!! :cry: :cry:

Met a pom today at work (mind you here's lived in Aust for over 20 yrs) just grinning from ear to ear!!!!!! :evil: :evil:

I a afraid to say it we were not good enough and it will continue for a few more years against the better teams!!!!!!! :cry: :cry:

even before the series started it didn't look like a good or great aussie team .... but they were f**king awful !! getting walloped 3-1 at home by the poms .... how bad is that !!

and just to rub it in .... getting beaten by an innings in all 3 of those defeats !!

even before the series started it didn't look like a good or great aussie team .... but they were f**king awful !! getting walloped 3-1 at home by the poms .... how bad is that !!

and just to rub it in .... getting beaten by an innings in all 3 of those defeats !!

Totally agree with you mate our country is bleeding beaton by the poms so easily hope it never happens again in my lifetime !!!!!! :cry: :cry:

Devastated! As you rightly point out, it is one thing to be beaten but to be beaten by an innings each time is just woeful. Where was the character to fight?

Women’s cricket is miles better anyway, claim victorious Australians

Australian cricket fans have responded to Ashes taunts from the triumphant Barmy Army by pointing out their women’s team thoroughly dismantled their English counterparts yesterday.

While Andrew Strauss’ team won the famous terracotta urn after winning the final test in Sydney this morning, the Australian women left that achievement in the shadows, trouncing England’s ladies in emphatic fashion with a match still left to play.

“Who’s crying now?†asked one exultant Australian. “I admit, I was a little upset when our boys failed to at least level the series in the final test, but I really couldn’t care less about that now.â€

“Our Sheilas were absolutely awe-inspiring, and they’ve really stuck it to those Poms.â€

“Women cricketers are much better than men at all facets of the game anyway, apart from the sledging. I overhead one bowler asking the England bats-woman why she was so fat.â€

“She responded by explaining that it was her time of the month and something about excessive water retention.â€

Travelling English fans were left visibly crestfallen at the England ladies team’s demise, with some even reduced to tears.

“I’m absolutely distraught,†wept Alan Reddington from Sheffield. “I was really happy after our lads won the Ashes but we all know that this was the big one.â€

“Those bloody gloating Aussies will never let me hear the end of it.â€

England captain Charlotte Edwards was philosophical about the crushing defeat which has rocked the nation.

“It’s hard to take, and I realise we’ve let so many people down,†she admitted.

“But what we have to realise is that we were playing the legendary Australian ladies and they are a far better team than their men’s side.â€

“They also had an Australian captain at the top of their game and scoring runs for fun, which is the first time that has been said in the last seven weeks.â€

:lol:

• 2 years later...