Book/Reading Club

CiaranM

OK. Guess i am out.

Peace.

hey Tonia that's why i said the opening meeting would be to discuss the aims/ideas for the book club going forward. i'd still like for the club to select 1 (or 2 titles) per month read that and discuss at the next meeting.

but i'd also be more than happy to lend books out so long as i get them back ... and would also like to borrow some other ppl's books to perhaps broaden my reading horizons !!

so basically get ur ass down to bug & bee 7pm 7th october !!!

maybe other ppl have some thoughts/ideas they'd like to bring to the meeting ..... or even post here !!!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rule number 3, dual language Thai/English books as a starter?

I agree with this idea.

So, what is the first book, CiaranM. I can't hardly wait.

actually Jay i was thinking of just having the first meeting as a get together to establish what we want/expect from the club and select the 1st title at the opening meeting !!!!!!

suggestions here would also be welcome so feel free to shout out ur ideas ....

btw .... event now posted for wednesday 7th october 7pm at bug & bee !!

i'd still like for the club to select 1 (or 2 titles) per month read that and discuss at the next meeting.

I like that idea but it could be tricky. Most book shops round here only have 1 or 2 copies of the more interesting books. However I think they might carry sufficient numbers of Dan Brown's marvelous works.

i'd still like for the club to select 1 (or 2 titles) per month read that and discuss at the next meeting.

I like that idea but it could be tricky. Most book shops round here only have 1 or 2 copies of the more interesting books. However I think they might carry sufficient numbers of Dan Brown's marvelous works.

Completely agree with you, that Dan Brown guy is one fantastic writer and his works are already classics beyond reproach! :roll:

Perhaps we could start with the Da Vinci Code, and then move onto Breaking the Da Vinci Code, then the Secrets of the Da Vinci Code, then the Readers Guide to the Da Vinci Code, followed by the Unofficial Guide to the Da Vinci Code, and the next month Dan Brown the Puzzle within an Enigma, and then move onto The Code Breakers Bible: insights into the Da Vinci secrets....

Well looks like most of the first year of the book club is sorted! :lol:

i have visions of ppl being battered senseless with hard backed copies of puerile drivel at our 1st meeting !!!!

well that's assumming anybody else f**king signs up for it ..... come on guys and gals only 3 ppl signed up !!!

and i have been assured there is NO pool at bug & bee so all participants will be SAFE(ISH) !!!!!!!!!!!

i have visions of ppl being battered senseless with hard backed copies of puerile drivel at our 1st meeting !!!!

well that's assumming anybody else f**king signs up for it ..... come on guys and gals only 3 ppl signed up !!!

and i have been assured there is NO pool at bug & bee so all participants will be SAFE(ISH) !!!!!!!!!!!

Soi 2 is just a hop, skip and a jump away so plenty of foam there for anyone wishing for a swim and most likely plenty of offers for a place to sink a ball or two if that is your fancy!

I hope to come if I don't have to fly out that day.

Those playing pool that night should apprecite that the hots girls will respect you more once you start quoting M.R. Kukrit to them!

I hope to come if I don't have to fly out that day.

Those playing pool that night should apprecite that the hots girls will respect you more once you start quoting M.R. Kukrit to them!

hope u can make it mate .... i'm in a good mood today after arsenal's super show last night .... great f**king stuff !!!

It's really happening, right?

Ciaran never lie, right? :P

it's happening !!! bug & bee silom/sala daeng 7pm wednesday evening !!!

8 people signed up so far ... now when's that poland invading, beer swilling german Jens gonna sign up ???

no point asking Nico as he's not allowed out by himself after 9pm !!! :roll: :roll:

8 people signed up so far ... now when's that poland invading, beer swilling german Jens gonna sign up ???

no point asking Nico as he's not allowed out by himself after 9pm !!! :roll: :roll:

Oh....really? Nico came to Zappa's party by himself after 9pm....are we talking about the same Nico? :roll:

Oh....really? Nico came to Zappa's party by himself after 9pm....are we talking about the same Nico? :roll:

well if it was the same Nico he's been a very naughty boy and will be grounded for a month !!!!! :D:D