Would you tell... ?

bigKus

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No i do not think it's a good idea. Let her fantasize, why not? Would you become a hero? I think not.

If someone rats about who i am? they can eat my fist !

So you are saying that you would falsely enter into a relationship with a man and not tell him the entire truth about yourself.

That's a lot of possible heartbreak.

Some men would be ok with it. Some wouldn't. Wouldn't you want to know before getting in too deep.

No i do not think it's a good idea. Let her fantasize, why not? Would you become a hero? I think not.

So you are saying that you would falsely enter into a relationship with a man and not tell him the entire truth about yourself.

Some men would be ok with it. Some wouldn't. Wouldn't you want to know before getting in too deep.

No, that is not exactly the point, as i speak for all 3rd gender communities overall, what i am saying is that YOU should give them a choice either to tell or not to tell by themselves, not from the others. secondly, its none of others business to interfere their personal lives. and third, you do not know whats the consequences, may be the person does not want to reveal themselves especially at work place or expose to certain kind of prejudice for certain professions.

FFS .... what's in the water around BKK today !!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

What ISN"T in the water around BKK?

WATER? :shock:

Exactly!

...I knew it was missing something????

FFS .... what's in the water around BKK today !!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

What ISN"T in the water around BKK?

WATER? :shock:

Exactly!

...I knew it was missing something????

What most people don't know is that the majority of BKK has had good, clean potable water for years now after BMA investments in providing drinking water over the last 20 yrs.

In fact it is almost a crime when so much money has been spent on purification plants that people still buy bottled water to drink given that so many people in the world (or even parts of Thailand) don't have access to potable water.

Old habits and myths die hard and of course there are still many rusty/old pipes around in the system.

So, you're saying that one can drink from the tap like we do back home.

My friend drank from the tap without thinking in India and got a serious case of the runs almost immediately. :roll:

The doc said that she was lucky that it's all she got. They ran several tests and made her return a few times just to make sure that she hadn't picked up some kind of parasite or some such thing.

My friend drank from the tap without thinking in India and got a serious case of the runs almost immediately. :roll:

The doc said that she was lucky that it's all she got. They ran several tests and made her return a few times just to make sure that she hadn't picked up some kind of parasite or some such thing.

What has India got to with BKK?

Yes I am saying that in most (80%), not all, of BKK the water is and has been fine for years. I would even go so far as to say that the water quality in parts of BKK are probably better than some US towns.

Why is that such a radical concept? There was a time when BKK didn't have paved roads, nor electricty, nor a mobile phone network, no international branded shops, no a large international airport etc etc

Does it sound like the city you know now?

Why is it such a leap to think the water is still undrinkable in 2009???

This is the worst start to a forum EVER.

Its Okay.. its not my first time..., blame Iain.. :(

wtf?? Firstly not saying your English is poor - is better than many native speakers. Dont think it is a third party's place to 'inform' unless the situation looks like getting serious and there is the potential for your friend to get hurt. At that point you have an obligation to tell your friend that the object of their desire is gay, transgendered, a sexually frustrated Irish alcoholic, whatever. But maybe the friend already knows the guy is gay; does Thailand have *** hags? :)

No, that is not exactly the point, as i speak for all 3rd gender communities overall, what i am saying is that YOU should give them a choice either to tell or not to tell by themselves, not from the others. secondly, its none of others business to interfere their personal lives. and third, you do not know whats the consequences, may be the person does not want to reveal themselves especially at work place or expose to certain kind of prejudice for certain professions.

SB I agree with you wholeheartedly that peoples personal life should be the business of others in public or a workplace environment especially if they identify themselves as belonging to a group which suffers prejudice or intolerance from others.

I don't think there can be any hard and fast rule in relation to Kus's query as it will always depend on the circumstances, attitudes and personalities of those involved. Sometimes one probably should tell the friend, sometimes not and sometimes our assumptions will be incorrect. And timing of how we convey to others who we are can be everything.

What I don't understand is why you expressed "if anyone rats about who I am" as if there is something to hide or lie about. I don't know you and it is none of my business how you conduct yourself but this statement seemed a bit strange to me. However, perhaps I misunderstand what your expressing here.

Yes I am saying that in most (80%), not all, of BKK the water is and has been fine for years. I would even go so far as to say that the water quality in parts of BKK are probably better than some US towns.

Why is that such a radical concept? There was a time when BKK didn't have paved roads, nor electricty, nor a mobile phone network, no international branded shops, no a large international airport etc etc

The conversation centered on polluted water in BKK. India has polluted water. I was asking about the safety of the water in Bangkok if drank straight from the tap.

No wonder you think that basketballers shoot with one hand. You can't even grasp a connection as simple as that. :wink:

I have a friend that I know well or say it's my Brother. I know that he is into women. He has no interest in the gay or homosexual lifestyle. It's clear.

He meets a woman that I know to be a "3rd Gender" lady.

Personally, I think it is my business to make sure that he knows the truth.

A friend recently told me a story. He met a post-op 3G lady. She didn't choose to tell him until the 3rd date or so. After she had performed sex acts with him. He says not full intercourse. But who knows.

Once she told him, he backed out of the relationship. It wasn't his thing. Even so, he and she remained friends. This woman later met a guy. Moved with him to Australia. Knows all of his family. All of his friends.

And still hasn't told him.

Now, he's asked her to marry him. To get married, she'll have to fill out all of the forms and they will need to see her Passport. The passport still lists her as male even though she is physically a woman.

It's 3 years down the road. He's asked her to marry him.

Now the truth must come out.

Imagine.

If the guy were my Brother or my friend, I'd tell him that she was a 3G lady. If that hurts your feelings, tough ****.

I'd want to ensure that he was fully aware of that which he was doing.

That's a shitload of possible heartbreak. Not to mention the 2 or 3 years worth of deception.

The conversation centered on polluted water in BKK. India has polluted water. I was asking about the safety of the water in Bangkok if drank straight from the tap.

No wonder you think that basketballers shoot with one hand. You can't even grasp a connection as simple as that. :wink:

Parts of India having polluted water - not all of India does BTW- has nil to do with water in BKK anymore than rice grown in the USA has got anything to do with rice grown in Roi Et. You mention someone getting sick one time in a country when we are talking about water quality in a specific city.

It is irrelevent. That was my point.

And it is a shitty example as is there anyone that does not get a dose of the runs in India? Everyone I know has. As I have every time I have been there. 'Bangkok belly' may have been common 10- 20-30 yrs ago but relatively few visitors get it now compared with before.