Haye vs Valuev

Teddy

haye valuev was a borefest but glad haye won....mind you quite how Ruiz is still challenging for titles is beyond me...the division is weak....

Manny and Cotto should be a real brawl......though freddie roach saying manny will knock him out 1st round...don't think so and certainly hope not....looking forward to sunday morning...after the Irish spank the French of course!!

i'm just hoping i get up in time to see the fight ... ireland vs france won't finish until around 4am !!

will probably head to soi 8 bar around 9am for breakfast, the cure and the fight !! should be a great week-ends sport ... so long as we beat the bloody french !!

haye valuev was a borefest but glad haye won....mind you quite how Ruiz is still challenging for titles is beyond me...the division is weak....

Manny and Cotto should be a real brawl......though freddie roach saying manny will knock him out 1st round...don't think so and certainly hope not....looking forward to sunday morning...after the Irish spank the French of course!!

i'm just hoping i get up in time to see the fight ... ireland vs france won't finish until around 4am !!

will probably head to soi 8 bar around 9am for breakfast, the cure and the fight !! should be a great week-ends sport ... so long as we beat the bloody french !!

Yea the fight wasn't great....my mate was in the crowd made it onto TV about 5 times though which was the highlight for me hah.

Pacman vs Cotto should be good. I think the fight will be on about 4-5am (programme starts at 2am) UK time so im not sure if ill still be awake. This means it might be later than you think over there Ciaran @ around 10 or 11am. It's not on pay per view though so might try and watch it in my pit.

Yea the fight wasn't great....my mate was in the crowd made it onto TV about 5 times though which was the highlight for me hah.

Pacman vs Cotto should be good. I think the fight will be on about 4-5am (programme starts at 2am) UK time so im not sure if ill still be awake. This means it might be later than you think over there Ciaran @ around 10 or 11am. It's not on pay per view though so might try and watch it in my pit.

it's a nightmare trying to figure out what times the fight's r gonna start at over here ... a lot seems to depend on how long the fights on the undercard last. i usually end up in the bar about an hour or so before the fight and end up going home half pissed at lunch time ... :drunk:

really looking forward to this fight ... hope it's half as good as we're expecting !!!

Wohoooo Pacman won!

(Just woke up and turned-on the TV proclaiming Pacman as the winner will get into details later on)

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ki-pacmanwins111409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

1258266194.jpg

"LAS VEGAS – Manny Pacquiao staked his claim atop boxing’s mythical throne as the pound-for-pound best, using his lightning hand speed to beat and batter Miguel Cotto into submission Saturday at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Pacquiao knocked Cotto down once in the third round and again in the fourth, pummeled him repeatedly and easily lifted the World Boxing Organization welterweight belt from the Puerto Rican with a 12th-round stoppage. The time was 55 seconds into the final round, as referee Kenny Bayless leaped between the fighters to save Cotto a more savage beating and ignominious end.

Cotto came out strong and landed some hard punches, but Cotto couldn’t deal with the speed. Pacquiao was landing three shots for every two Cotto did early. After the knockdown in the fourth, Cotto’s offense was nonexistent as he spent most of the last two thirds of the fight fending off Pacquiao’s onslaught.

Cotto landed in single digits in power shots in every round from the fifth forward.

Pacquiao nearly had the stoppage after the 11th when Cotto trainer Joe Santiago walked onto the ring apron and waved his hand at Bayless.

It appeared he was going to stop the fight, but then Bayless and ringside physician James Game spoke and allowed it to continue. It was only extending the misery as Pacquiao poured it on in the 12th.

When the fight ended, the crowd began to chant, “We want Floyd!” It was a reference to Floyd Mayweather Jr., the other man with a claim to the top of the boxing pound-for-pound list.

Pacquiao, who has won championship belts in five divisions and beat the linear champion in two others, can no longer be knocked as a small man who was beating washed up fighters.

In Cotto, he took on an elite and powerful welterweight whose only loss came under suspicious circumstances to Antonio Margarito last year. There is suspicion that Margarito’s gloves were loaded for that fight, though it has never been proven.

But Pacquiao proved he was able to not only take a welterweight punch, but rock him repeatedly. It was a magnificent performance and will create public demand for a fight with Mayweather.

“I want to see him fight Mayweather,” Pacquiao trainer Freddie Roach said.

Santiago said Pacquiao hit harder and was stronger than expected. Cotto injured his left shoulder in the eighth." "

I think the ref got bored of Cotto dancing like a girl for the last 6 rounds.

don't know what fight u were watching, but cotto went out like a true f**king warrior !!! manny however is different f**king class .... what a boxer !!!

To be fair, he did start some funny footwork towards the end.

But I just watched the Haye / Valuev fight and got bored after 3 rounds...

Like you said at the time, there were more punches in one Manny/Cotto round than in the entire Haye/Valuev fight!

I think the ref got bored of Cotto dancing like a girl for the last 6 rounds.

don't know what fight u were watching, but cotto went out like a true f**king warrior !!! manny however is different f**king class .... what a boxer !!!

To be fair, he did start some funny footwork towards the end.

But I just watched the Haye / Valuev fight and got bored after 3 rounds...

Like you said at the time, there were more punches in one Manny/Cotto round than in the entire Haye/Valuev fight!

no doubt he was totally on the defensive at the end ... and for most of the fight in fairness. but he took some serious punishment and never stopped throwing punches !! was as good a fight as i've seen in years and credit to both guys for that !!!!