Haye vs Valuev

Teddy

So here we have it David Haye (6ft 3") vs Nikolay Valuev (7ft2") dubbed "David vs Goliath" almost giving away 7 stone in weight. But we cant forget about the infamous hayemaker that Haye possesses.

Freddie Roach, Carl Forch and Hatton have tipped Haye to win the fight.

Im not a big of either....Haye has skill but the cockiness gets on my nerves. But I do hope Haye knocks Valuev out...that would be great for the heavyweght division and would inject some excitement into it. Also, it would be great to see a giant knocked clean out.lol.

Then the Klitchsko brothers would be next on the list. Although they are in a different class to Valuev, it would be great to see the division get a good shake up...Haye could ignite the heavyweight division with a KO victory ? and he knows it.

What are peoples opinons or predicitons on this?? Any takers?? Anyone care??

Can't wait for this one.

I think Haye will take, he'll have to wear the 'Beast from the East' down with multiple body punches though and hope that he tires as the fight progresses.

As long as Haye can avoid a knock down in the first 3 rounds i think he will take the fight on points.

Should be a good spectacle.

Can't wait for this one.

I think Haye will take, he'll have to wear the 'Beast from the East' down with multiple body punches though and hope that he tires as the fight progresses.

As long as Haye can avoid a knock down in the first 3 rounds i think he will take the fight on points.

seeing as the fight is taking place in germany i'd say (as do most commentators) that haye's got f**k all chance off winning on points !!!

and seeing as haye's is really just a blown up cruiserweight i'm inclined to think valeu will be too big and too strong for him. i've seen a few of valeu's fight before and they have been f**king brutal, real borefests ... can't see this one being any different !!!

now manny and cotto next week ... that should be a real f**king fight !! really looking forward to that one !!!

4am i think

it's supposed to be "scheduled" for 9.30pm UK time (4.30am here) ... although that doesn't always mean a lot !!! i'll probably NOT bother even trying to stay awake for that one.

but NEXT weekend .... sat/sun 14th/15th november ... 2am ireland vs france 1st leg of the world cup play off and around 8am/9am manny and cotto ... so not much sleep next weekend !!! should be a belter !!

The f*cking freak never had a chance! :D Too bad he didn't knock him out at the end.... And WTF about that f*cking Spanish judge? :?

That wold have been sweet if he had K.O'd right at the end. Another Carl Froch Jermaine Taylor moment would have been sweet.lol

Smooth Operator by Sade comes to mind. Well done Haye.

Can't wait for this one.

seeing as the fight is taking place in germany i'd say (as do most commentators) that haye's got f**k all chance off winning on points !!!

and seeing as haye's is really just a blown up cruiserweight i'm inclined to think valeu will be too big and too strong for him. i've seen a few of valeu's fight before and they have been f**king brutal, real borefests ... can't see this one being any different !!!

now manny and cotto next week ... that should be a real f**king fight !! really looking forward to that one !!!

Told you :)

By the way the ringside judges were from Italy, Spain and the US I believe.

Haye did well to win, especially since he broke a bone in his right hand when he landed a punch on the russians jaw!

Actually that may have helped him, it meant that he had to be far more selective about throwing his right. One more round and I think Valuev would have gone down. Looks like Ruiz is up next and then one of the Klitschko brothers in a unification title fight.

Manny vs Cotto will be a cracking fight. I can't wait for this one!

Can't wait for this one.

Told you :)

By the way the ringside judges were from Italy, Spain and the US I believe.

from the reports i've read apparently the fight was an absolute f**king shocker ... hayes landing with about 2 or 3 punches per round and valeu throwing a lot more, but landing absolutely f**k all !! glad i didn't bother trying to watch it ... especially as there should be a proper f**king fight this week-end, pac man vs cotto. i love watching the pac man fight, but cotto is a top class boxer and is naturally heavier than manny. has all the makings of a classic scrap !!!

The fight was not a classic by any means but when you have such a mismatch between 2 fighters you have to box smart and that is what Haye did. He had a game plan and he stuck to it, if he had started to get reckless it may have made for better viewing but he probably would have lost.

Manny has quicker hands than Cotto for sure and he also has power. Cotto is a warrior though. He got a bad cut early on in his fight with Josh Clottey but his corner did a good job to patch him up and he won on points.

This fight is a tough one to call.

haye valuev was a borefest but glad haye won....mind you quite how Ruiz is still challenging for titles is beyond me...the division is weak....

Manny and Cotto should be a real brawl......though freddie roach saying manny will knock him out 1st round...don't think so and certainly hope not....looking forward to sunday morning...after the Irish spank the French of course!!