Bangkok Mar 12-14

bigKus

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the ****.....

Nation: Urgent: Hun Chiew director: Five people were killed.

Nation: NBT Station reported that red-shirt protesters stormed into the Hua Chiew Hospital and took away two bodies of red-shirt guards.

Nation: Photos of two dead bodies were showed at both rally sites- bad sign really.

Nation: Huroyuki Muramoto is the name of the killed Japanese reporter.

ThaiPBS: ThaiPBS: 5 ppl killed; 4 shot and one clubbed to death (via Bangkokpundit)

Nation: NBT Station reported that red-shirt protesters stormed into the Hua Chiew Hospital and took away two bodies of red-shirt guards.

AP - reporting 5 deaths in BKK including a Japanese journalist

THE NATION: Urgent: Nuttawut says one red shot dead by troops. Arisman says "War has come".

Really? Link?

I'm on Nation website now - no mention. Nor BKK Post, Nor BBC, Nor CNN.

http://www.thairath.co.th/content/pol/76125

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/NBT-reports-red-shirts-storm-Hua-Chiew-Hospital-to-30126958.html

The Nation said Red shirts entered a hospital to reclaim two bodies on demonstrators who had been killed.

The Thai Rath report says that a man was killed while trying (with a big group) to hijack one of four tanks close to Democracy Monument.

Yet another sad day for Thailand.

This is why I have been arguing against using force against the red shirts. It just plays into their hands and gives them a sense of injustice and a moral victory. Now we have 5 dead and an even more polarised political setting.

Even more silly to use soldiers discharging their weapons against civilians, blanks or rubber bullets aside.

Why send in troops to take Phan Fa, have the momentum against a small number of red shirts, then retreat, then have more intense clashes hours later when the red shirts are numbering in their thousands?

Such clashes have been exactly what the UDD/DAAD and PT have been seeking and only serve to embolden the red shirts drawing greater numbers out to join the protests.

The fact that this has occured adjacent to Democracy Monument given the history of military killings in past protests there makes it even more sad!

Well, Thaksin has got the results he wanted. He was willing to sacrifice lives for his own ego. I am sure many of the Red Shirts did not want this. But the hard core ones surely wanted this. If Red Shirts have died, they brought it on themselves. It is time for the Red Shirt leaders to disappear, And it is time to put the Thai Red Berets into action.

NOw reportedly 8 killed. And a tourist flirts with death if this Flash report can be believed.

FLASH: At least 5 dead, 300+ wounded in red shirts clashes. Report: One foreign tourist was shot in chest after saying to soldier "f... you"

Warning: some of these pics are very graphic.

Bangkokpundit: There are some GRAPHIC photos of injuries here http://www.facebook.com/UDDThailand?v=wall

Those are some really sickening photos of the red shirt dead on the UDD facebook site. Very sad to see any dead.

Nation: BMA's deputy governor Dr Malinee Sukavejworakit revealed 242 people were injured from the clash and 8 killed. 4 soliders and 4 civilians

It's starting to really heat up.

People often ask me why I decided to live in Thailand. One of several reasons I give (apart from women) is the peaceful culture and dozy-cum-anti-violence Thai style........... :? :? :? :? :? :? That's getting blow out of the water these days. Cambodia anyone???

In asia, I have lived in Hong Kong (1 yr), East Timor (3 yrs), Indonesia (1 yr), Philippines (6 months) and Afghanistan (1.5 yrs). Two of those places were conflict zones when I lived there.

As an outsider, I have always felt the most safe and yet also the most at risk in Thailand. The propensity for extreme acts of intense violence has always felt greatest here. It probably does not make sense but I always have an underlying weariness here, which I don't feel elsewhere, that things can go south very quickly.