2010/2011 Premiership

Stramash

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saw the match last night and thought arsenal played really well .... had a storming 1st half and could have quite easily been 2 or 3 up at half time !!! 2nd half City just had 10 .... sometimes 11 .... men behind the ball and went for the 0-0.

now no complaints about that .... but does that mean their aim is a place in the top 4 and not to try and win the league .... or were arsenal that good they couldn't get out of their own half !!!

also .... while not an advocate of violence generally .... WTF is the point in getting sent of for pushing ur head towards some **** who has been kicking u all f**king night !!! if u gonna get red carded head butt the ***** properly and lay him f**king out !!

Was Harry Webb refereeing both games? :lol:

nah ... but he was reffing the Man U Liverpool cup match last night !!!! scousers were well impressed with his impartial handling of the game !!! :D:D

Well the Liverpool fans got their wish and got King Kenny back, what are they gonna do if that doesn't work out? Start singing for Bill Shankly???

nah ... but he was reffing the Man U Liverpool cup match last night !!!! scousers were well impressed with his impartial handling of the game !!! :D:D

Scousers complaining? There's a ******* surprise.

Studs up. Straight red.

Giggs - clear penalty not allowed.

Without Reina, it would've been 5 more.

Scousers complaining? There's a f*cking surprise.

Studs up. Straight red.

i do believe Rafael dived in 2 footed with studs up .... not that i'm bothered about the scousers getting beaten !!

Scousers complaining? There's a f*cking surprise.

Studs up. Straight red.

Please dont use the word "Scousers" when referring to the red sh*t they just full of Norwegians fan and foreign player. As far from being a Scourser as you could be ;)

and I totally agree it was a pen, tho it was a poor one to give.

also food for thought, why is'nt Sir Al going for Reina, one of the best in the Prem.

Good luck tonight... Hope you guys don't get beaten.

In fact I hope you get a goaless draw.

very very happy Dave.

bastard.

:wink:

lol

And Chelsea losing to Wolves!

Howard Webb's kids have denied their Dad is a secret Man Utd fan.

"He is totally unbiased" Alex, George, Bobby, Matt and Cristiano stated.

• 1 month later...
A new message has been placed below the statue of John Lennon at Liverpool airport.

The old inscription "Above us only sky" has been replaced by "Below us only Wolves and West Ham". :lol:

They might even make a late charge for the Europa league spot at this rate, I laughed at them getting King Kenny back but it actually seems to have worked out for them

• 2 weeks later...

Lampard admits it would be a ‘disaster’ if Chelsea finish where they deserve to

Frank Lampard has admitted it would be a ‘disaster’ if Chelsea were to finish where they deserve to this season, and leave one of the world’s most expensively assembled sides outside of the qualification places for the Champions League.

Their goalless draw against Fulham on Monday, which saw new £50m signing Fernando Torres displaying all the footballing prowess of a heavily-sedated sloth, left the London club trailing fourth placed Tottenham Hotspur by two points.

With Chelsea now all but out of the title race, the 32-year-old midfielder denied that the remaining cup competitions they find themselves in were the priority, saying it would be foolish to place such emphasis on tournaments that they didn’t have a cat in hells chance of winning.

He told reporters, “We’re not focusing on the cups yet, we still feel we can finish higher than we deserve to, definitely. We’re not putting all our eggs into the cup basket just yet.”

“And to be frank, which I am and therefore have every right to be, I’m not even sure we have that many eggs left.”

“Even if we had loads and I asked Fernando to crack one into a frying pan, I’m reasonably certain it would bounce up off the edge of it and find it self nestling in the culinary equivalent of Row Z.”

Chelsea remain 5th

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti disagreed with Lampard’s assessment saying the eggs weren’t the problem, but those responsible for turning those eggs into glory-covered chickens.

“It is as Jose used to say, if you want to make the best omelette, you pay £50m for the best eggs.”

“That is fine, but if having bought those fine eggs they combine so abysmally with the other expensively assembled eggs you already have, then what you are left with is something resembling the current Chelsea team.”

• 3 weeks later...

I know they're not a Prem team, but the guys in this thread are most likely to know the answer. Does anywhere in Bangkok show the televised Championship games, or at least show a highlights reel? My side (Crystal Palace) will be on an important run of games while I'm in Bangkok in April, so I was hoping to see how they're doing (beyond seeing the scores online).

I know they're not a Prem team, but the guys in this thread are most likely to know the answer. Does anywhere in Bangkok show the televised Championship games, or at least show a highlights reel? My side (Crystal Palace) will be on an important run of games while I'm in Bangkok in April, so I was hoping to see how they're doing (beyond seeing the scores online).

Best bet is probably via one of the online sites.

Damn. When I was in BKK for 3 months (back in 2006) I remember seeing Crystal Palace's play off game (against Watford, I think) on Thai TV. All the Thai commentators did was laugh everytime a Palace player got the ball (which pissed me off no end). I guess they only show the play off games as it's "almost" Premier league...with regular season games not being deemed important enough. Oh well. Hopefully we'll be in a slightly better position by then anyway so that I won't find myself worrying about their results quite so much.

• 2 weeks later...
Damn. When I was in BKK for 3 months (back in 2006) I remember seeing Crystal Palace's play off game (against Watford, I think) on Thai TV. All the Thai commentators did was laugh everytime a Palace player got the ball (which pissed me off no end). I guess they only show the play off games as it's "almost" Premier league...with regular season games not being deemed important enough. Oh well. Hopefully we'll be in a slightly better position by then anyway so that I won't find myself worrying about their results quite so much.

I get some of the Championship games live on my cable TV package. They are on Goal TV and also show full highlights during the week.

http://www.goal.tv/index.php

Goal used to be part of the UBC sports package but i don't think they have it anymore.

• 2 weeks later...