2010/2011 Premiership

Stramash

Ref unimpressed as Drogba goes down ‘a bit too easily’ with Malaria

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba was facing criticism last night after purportedly ‘going down too easily’ with malaria during his side’s defeat to Liverpool.

The Ivory Coast forward was waved to his feet by referee Howard Webb, despite his protestations that he had contracted the deadly tropical disease.

Replays proved inconclusive, with some camera angles seeming to show a small mosquito brushing against the leg of the striker.

The Chelsea man played on and managed to finish forty-five minutes in the most physically demanding and competitive league in the world, despite insisting that he had contracted a fatal disease.

The BBC’s Alan Green was scathing about the claim, “One minute he was on his feet; the next he was writhing around on the floor screaming that he’d been hit by malaria.â€

“This is the disappointing thing about him – he’s such a big, powerful guy but he does tend to go down with things an awful lot.â€

“He really should stay on his feet. Let’s face it – he’s over six foot whereas that insect was ******* tiny.â€

Howard Webb refused to comment after the match, despite Drogba complaining to TV interviewers that he had been victim of a poor decision.

“I must have malaria, as I’m sweating a lot and there is a little bit of blood on my leg,†he insisted.

“Plus even if I didn’t have malaria, the referee should have stopped the game and given me a free kick, because for all he knew I might have had malaria, and one day I probably will get malaria during a promising attacking move by Chelsea, and then I’ll die in agony and you’ll all be sorry,†Drogba concluded

(newsthump)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Plus even if I didn’t have malaria, the referee should have stopped the game and given me a free kick, because for all he knew I might have had malaria, and one day I probably will get malaria during a promising attacking move by Chelsea, and then I’ll die in agony and you’ll all be sorry,†Drogba concluded

(newsthump)

no we won't !!!!!!!! :D:D

nice one Iain !!!!

well done Sunderland...

Agreed.

Keep those Chelsea thugs where we can see them... Once we start playing with our A team, we can get back to our rightful position.

(And you Gunners fans can watch your graceful slide down to fourth or fifth place again)

ur A team is now playing at madrid and city !!! :D:D

Tevez? Hardly setting the world on fire now, is he?

Ronaldo? Thanks for the cash.

Arsenal? You guys must be getting dizzy. Don't worry. Won't be long now.

I know, I know.... THIS is your season. Don't start looking for the trophy cabinet key just yet.

(BTW, Sunderland's sterling performance was inspired by the work and talent of one Danny Welbeck. On loan from? Oh that's right... Man U)

well done Sunderland...

Agreed.

Keep those Chelsea thugs where we can see them... Once we start playing with our A team, we can get back to our rightful position.

(And you Gunners fans can watch your graceful slide down to fourth or fifth place again)

ur A team is now playing at madrid and city !!! :D:D

Tevez? Hardly setting the world on fire now, is he?

Ronaldo? Thanks for the cash.

Arsenal? You guys must be getting dizzy. Don't worry. Won't be long now.

I know, I know.... THIS is your season. Don't start looking for the trophy cabinet key just yet.

(BTW, Sunderland's sterling performance was inspired by the work and talent of one Danny Welbeck. On loan from? Oh that's right... Man U)

Tevez hardly setting the world on fire !!! check out his goals to appearances for City ... it's pretty f**king impressive. also check out City's record when he's playing as opposed to when he's not .... he's possibly the best buy City have made !!!

Thanks for the Ronaldo cash !!! wonder where that 80 million went to ??

this could be our season .... but it could also be the same for Chelsea and Man U .... still should make for an interesting season.

what's red and white and fucks millionaires?

Sunderland

:lol:

I bumped into a man crying uncontrollably outside a department store in Liverpool yesterday. All he could go on about was how he hates this time of year, dressing up in a ridiculous red outfit and embarrassing himself in front of thousands of people.

I said, 'Look, Mr Gerrard, you chose to stay at Anfield

wonder where that 80 million went to ??

Not here...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/9192771.stm

Manchester United's American owners plan to reduce the financial pressure on the club by paying off high-interest loans, estimated to be worth £220m.

The loans were taken out with three US hedge funds to help finance the Glazer family's £790m takeover in 2005.

The BBC understands that Joel Glazer, the club's joint chairman, has written to the lenders to inform them the loans will be paid in full on 22 November.

The football club's total debts are estimated at more than £720m.

It is not yet clear how the Glazer family were able to raise the money to pay off the PIK (payment in kind) loans but significantly it is not with funds from the club.

The Glazers are most likely to have borrowed money from other financial institutions at more affordable rates to refinance the PIKs.

A spokesman for the Glazer family declined to comment.

The PIK loans were significantly reduced as part of a refinancing package in 2006 but since then have been accruing interest at extremely punitive rates.

Earlier this year, the rate rose to 16.25%, with supporters long since suspecting that money from the club would eventually be used to start paying them off, although the Glazers are liable for the debt.

As part of a £526m bond refinancing in January, the Glazers were given the freedom to take up to £70m from the club's revenues to pay down the PIKs.

But it seems they have not taken this option.

By notifying the lenders they intend to pay the loans off in full next Monday, the Glazers will reduce the financial pressure on the club.

The club's parent company, Red Football Limited, is due to publish financial results for the first quarter on Tuesday and is expected to clarify club money has not been used.

However, the results are unlikely to reveal exactly how they have been paid off.

Despite making a £79.6m pre tax loss for the last financial year, mainly due to one off interest and debt charges, United generated revenues of £278m and have more than £100m of cash reserves.

United had no debts before the Glazers, who also own American Football side the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, took control in 2005.

Their ownership of United has provoked much criticism and resulted in the setting up of breakaway fans' club, FC United of Manchester, as well as the Green and Gold protest movement.

Many fans are continuing to boycott the team's traditional red shirts and scarves, choosing to wear green and gold, the original colours of Newton Heath, the amateur side which was founded in 1878 and went on to become Manchester United.

A mass protest was held outside Old Trafford before the final game of the 2009/2010 campaign and further demonstrations have taken place this season.

United have won three consecutive Premier League titles (2007-09), one Champions League trophy (2008), one Club World Cup (2008), three Football League Cups (2006, 09 and 10) and three FA Community Shield trophies (2007, 08 and 10) in the Glazer era.

Arsene : Nearly Hurt In Tesco Tragedy

Arsene Wenger surveyed the Tesco carpark. A siren wailed, getting closer.

"Jesus mate, look what you've done to my trolley. You could have killed me."

As if in a trance, Arsene got out of his car: a small, neat, but rather underpowered French number. He regarded the irate shopper with distaste. The man's purchases lay strewn around the crushed trolley. Ready meals, pre-prepared food. A 'pizza'. Why did he spend his money on these lazy indulgences when he could buy raw ingredients and fashion them into something wonderful? Ah, the simple joys of a handmade 'Boeuf aux Chamakh', a deliciously spicy peasant dish from Morocco, cheap to make, delicate yet exciting. Or a 'Jambe de Cesc au Catalonia', where the tiny legs of a guinea fowl are snapped in half to prevent it migrating to the warmer climate, before poaching it in a jus of its own tears? Cruel? Perhaps. But intoxicating.

"I dunno what you're standing there smirking for, mate," said the oaf. "You've backed out your car without looking and nearly killed me."

"There should be more protection for drivers like me," said Arsene. "The wheel of your shopping trolley or your rather fat body itself could have seriously damaged my car.

Frankly I am lucky to be alive."

"Are you having a laugh mate?"

"Until the laws of the highway code are changed to protect skilful, financially prudent drivers like myself, we will never have the driving experience we deserve."

The man gawped.

"I ask this not for myself, but for future generations," said Arsene. "Won't somebody think of the children?"

Arsene began to cry. He kicked petulantly at a bottle of Frijj strawberry drinking yoghurt. It burst over his foot.

"Erm... alright mate, don't upset yourself like. I was just saying, you should watch where you're reversing."

Arsene gestured angrily at a capark attendant.

"Look at my foot," he shouted.

The attendant, a spotty youth in a too-thin hooded top, shrugged and drew hard on his cigarette.

"Unbelievable," said Arsene. "This is a conspiracy. And it goes right to the heart of the English supermarket industry."

He stormed back to his car. Squelch, squelch, squelch went the Frijj strawberry drinking yoghurt in his shoe. Next year, he would show them. Patience.

Alan Tyers

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Ugh... Chelsea are not playing well at all atm.

Ass to mouth?

What's that got to do with anything?

I'm really happy to see Mark Hughes doing totally shite. As he, et al, is.

Being a half-decent player doesn't automatically distinguish one as a manager.

And City just suck full stop. How much money needs to be thrown at them before they realise they're not a group of talented individuals, but a team?

Arsenal still play a pleasing to watch game.

• 2 weeks later...
f*cking Gooners.... you won't be singing when you start playing in the driving Northern rain and boggy pitches at the end of the season.

is that a slight sourness of the grapes I am detecting?

You were ****. Utterly ****. Could have been 4 or 5 and we were not even playing that well. Cech saved your asses. Lampard should have had a straight red.

You are so missing Wilkins...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

f*cking Gooners.... you won't be singing when you start playing in the driving Northern rain and boggy pitches at the end of the season.

is that a slight sourness of the grapes I am detecting?

You were sh*t. Utterly sh*t. Could have been 4 or 5 and we were not even playing that well. Cech saved your asses. Lampard should have had a straight red.

You are so missing Wilkins...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

f**king brilliant result ..... we really needed to beat one of Man U or Chelsea soon and that's one monkey of the back !!!

ARSENALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL !!!!!!!!!!!