Thai Movies

Chatty

Question

I went to see InSeeDaeng last night with only one reason, it's only 80 baht at Esplanade, I wanted to pay that price incase if that movie isn't good.

Many Thai action movies let me down so many times. IMO. Thai love, drama and ghosts movies, some of them are great, seriously. Especially, ghost movies such as The Shutter, and The Eyes, I don't like hollywood remake versions at all.

Anyway, InSeeDaeng (Red Eagle) is an action movie about Thai Hero (same as Superman, Batman) he's the man in the mask. I didn't expect anything much. I was totally wrong, I love the picture, I love sounds editing, I love its CG. (computer graphic) Especially, figthing scene on the roof... they did good job. Make me wanna go to study at Kantana Institue now.

However, the weak point is about screen play.. Many scenes didn't make sense and some scenes didn't make sense at all. I think it's weak points of many Thai movies. The Acting of the support actor/actress weren't that good.. I think they should have voice training before became actor/actress, seriously.

Another weak point is "Future Design" movies talked about year 2016 so I need to see Future gagages in their idea. I almost say "Come on you can do it man!!"

Ananda Everingham (Red Eagle/Rome) was ok but it might be better if he has more fit and firm body.

The annoying thing, i hate to see a lot of sponsor adverts... they appeared in many many scenes... such as Apple, M150, Thai insurance...

However, look at the big picture, I think it's better than other Thai action movies and some farang / chinese / korean movies I have seen. I will support good Thai movies... I have heard so many Thai said "Thai movies? ewwwwwwww" IMO. this year many Thai movies came out to prove what they got.

22 answers to this question

I went to see InSeeDaeng last night with only one reason, it's only 80 baht at Esplanade, I wanted to pay that price incase if that movie isn't good.

Many Thai action movies let me down so many times. IMO. Thai love, drama and ghosts movies, some of them are great, seriously. Especially, ghost movies such as The Shutter, and The Eyes, I don't like hollywood remake versions at all.

Anyway, InSeeDaeng (Red Eagle) is an action movie about Thai Hero (same as Superman, Batman) he's the man in the mask. I didn't expect anything much. I was totally wrong, I love the picture, I love sounds editing, I love its CG. (computer graphic) Especially, figthing scene on the roof... they did good job. Make me wanna go to study at Kantana Institue now.

However, the weak point is about screen play.. Many scenes didn't make sense and some scenes didn't make sense at all. I think it's weak points of many Thai movies. The Acting of the support actor/actress weren't that good.. I think they should have voice training before became actor/actress, seriously.

Another weak point is "Future Design" movies talked about year 2016 so I need to see Future gagages in their idea. I almost say "Come on you can do it man!!"

Ananda Everingham (Red Eagle/Rome) was ok but it might be better if he has more fit and firm body.

The annoying thing, i hate to see a lot of sponsor adverts... they appeared in many many scenes... such as Apple, M150, Thai insurance...

However, look at the big picture, I think it's better than other Thai action movies and some farang / chinese / korean movies I have seen. I will support good Thai movies... I have heard so many Thai said "Thai movies? ewwwwwwww" IMO. this year many Thai movies came out to prove what they got.

Let's put it down to a developing movie scene

¶éÒä»´Ù˹ѧä·ÂÃÃ’ÃÕ¡ ¡çàÃÃ’ÃÒà¢Õ¹ÃÕ¡¹à ªÃºÃèÒ¹ÇÔ¨Òóì˹ѧ :D

àÃÃ’ÃÕ¡ÊÒÃàÃ×èçÃÑéÂÅèÃ

ªÑèÇ¿éÒ´Ô¹ÊÅÒ ¡Ç¹ÃÖ¹âÎ áÅÃÊÔè§àÅç¡æ ·ÕèàÃÕ¡ÇèÒÃÑ¡

àÃÃ’ÃÕ¡ÊÒÃàÃ×èçÃÑéÂÅèÃ

ªÑèÇ¿éÒ´Ô¹ÊÅÒ ¡Ç¹ÃÖ¹âÎ áÅÃÊÔè§àÅç¡æ ·ÕèàÃÕ¡ÇèÒÃÑ¡

Sure, go ahead do it :D

As p'Kus request... I have seen others Thai movies

ªÑèÇ¿éÒ´Ô¹ÊÅÒ (Chau Fah Din Salai), Eternity.

It's from Thai classic short story written by Malai Chupinit... It's a tragidy, I have seen only remake version Actor, Ananda Everingham (again, lol) and Ploy, Cherman Bunyasak. Directed by M.L.Bandhavanop Dhavakul (Mom Noi). Just heard the name of director made me really really wanna see... his name garantee the quality of movie.

Sadly, that the selling point was about Anandha's butt and Ploy's butt... Couldn't believe ppl wanna see their butts more than focus on others things such as content, art, lighting, sounds, acting. Cuz those stuff were sooooo good...better than the butts.

Someone said screen play was so strange but for me, it wasn't that strange. The story was turn back time so I assumed they speak like that, lol.

Mom Noi, he welknown as the most neat director, and yeah he didn't let me down in that point...

But again, the drama part I need more reason to make me into the story.. he can't make me cry... from the story of movie it should make someone cry...

One of my favourite movie (in any language) is Faen Chan. I even tracked down an export copy on DVD with subtitles.

I enjoyed Ong Bak. But after that (Ong Bak 2 and Tom Yam Goong) Tony Jaa has done nothing good - my date and I fell asleep watching Ong Bak 2.

King Narasuan was interesting, but there were so many characters I couldn't remember all the relationships and names. I'm sure Thai people know them, as they were all famous.

But I have hated all the 'comedies' I've seen, and the only thing that ever made me laugh in Thai cinema was the big scary finale in 'Shutter'!

No-one I know has seen Uncle Boonamee - but from what I read, it was a bit incomprehensible and wandering... I'm not sure it's my taste.

One of my favourite movie (in any language) is Faen Chan. I even tracked down an export copy on DVD with subtitles.

I enjoyed Ong Bak. But after that (Ong Bak 2 and Tom Yam Goong) Tony Jaa has done nothing good - my date and I fell asleep watching Ong Bak 2.

King Narasuan was interesting, but there were so many characters I couldn't remember all the relationships and names. I'm sure Thai people know them, as they were all famous.

But I have hated all the 'comedies' I've seen, and the only thing that ever made me laugh in Thai cinema was the big scary finale in 'Shutter'!

No-one I know has seen Uncle Boonamee - but from what I read, it was a bit incomprehensible and wandering... I'm not sure it's my taste.

about Ong Bak I feel the same...

Tom Yam Gung, I like "Chang ku yuu nai." very classy... haha.

For King Narasuan, trust me, i read the history before i go to see it but still confuse hehe.

Thai comedies can make some ppl laugh, make me laugh sometimes but you know they are not the decent joke to me.

The decent Thai joke always in some love / drama / action movies.

I like the InSeeDaeng (Red Eagle) the way of sarcasm....make me laugh and smile.

about Ong Bak I feel the same...

Tom Yam Gung, I like "Chang ku yuu nai." very classy... haha.

For King Narasuan, trust me, i read the history before i go to see it but still confuse hehe.

Thai comedies can make some ppl laugh, make me laugh sometimes but you know they are not the decent joke to me.

The decent Thai joke always in some love / drama / action movies.

I like the InSeeDaeng (Red Eagle) the way of sarcasm....make me laugh and smile.

I agree with both you for Tom Yam Kung , Its very boring and I can remember only " Chang ku yuu nai" .. haha

King Narasuan , I like it but I think because They put more thing and its not real in history that why sometime its a bit confusr with it .I wait to see the last one but it's look like the change the time to next year (again)

Fan Chan is one of my favourite That time I went to watch it 5 times .. a bit crazy haha .. I love the story its seem like I went to young age again ,, siad like a bit old :D

InSeeDaeng I not like its much maybe because its more drama for me in some scence but its a good movie

:o

I stopped watching Thai movies for century because of many reason; poor story and writing scrip, poor acting and the list goes on and on. However, one day I took mom out to dinner so I was in a mood to watch movie but there was not much interesting ones so I just chose Thai comedy. In the theater, there was few women kept laughing like it was freaking funny although it wasn't and I see it annoying. So I say it's all about personal preference but Thai movie won't get any bath from me forever unless they improve their sucks same stupid script but I doubt that it won't happen any time soon - not in this century!

I stopped watching Thai movies for century because of many reason; poor story and writing scrip, poor acting and the list goes on and on. However, one day I took mom out to dinner so I was in a mood to watch movie but there was not much interesting ones so I just chose Thai comedy. In the theater, there was few women kept laughing like it was freaking funny although it wasn't and I see it annoying. So I say it's all about personal preference but Thai movie won't get any bath from me forever unless they improve their sucks same stupid script but I doubt that it won't happen any time soon - not in this century!

thumbed up! i didn't stop watching Thai movies but only less time to spend on them. most of their script was ok but poor acting and no research for those roles.only looking good aint help for their acting.

go and support your local thai movie makers. I have given the example of Uncle Boonmee..

These movies wont be displayed at Siam Paragon. That is why there are independent movie festivals such as Cannes film festival and why many other indie movie prices especially in Europe are so important. These awards are like a protection shield to help unknown movie makers to get publicity, get some start-up aid to continue..

Without them we only had Hollywood..we all complain about fast food but on the other hand so many here love Hollywood movies. Without critical people leaving the boring mainstream we wouldnt have great french or german movies. These arent made for the masses, but for movie aficionados and cineasts.

Hollywood movies are fast food for dull brains..hey - in the end it is your thai movie culture. If you dont give thai movies a chance you will be americanized same as the Phillippines..

I watch movie for entertainment purpose, so i like movies from every corners of earth, european, asian ( korean, japan, indian etc. )

For thai movie, as its the most easy for me to understand movie theme , climax, plots etc. so i watch at home ( so i dont have to 100 % pay attention to movie like sitting in the theater ) But "The King Naresaun" # 1 movie stunned me with the impression of the drama of story and production. I laughed a lot with 'Lub sanit sit sai na' and cried like a little girl with 'The letter' till i had to pause the player for crying (lol). 'Fan Chan' was so lovely movie. Thai movie which always in my mind is 'Mon rak transister' I got mixed feeling during watch it.

I still watch hollywood movies as there has so many choices to choose at time. :-)