Thai racist??? Just look at the picture...

tarn_arts

Pointing out Thai are racist is racist?? just my silly question.

1 No- because Thai is a nationality, not a race. We would need to say 'Asians are racist.'

2 No- if it's true

3 No- if we don't discriminate against them. We might feel they are racist, but if we treat them equally, that's not racist.

I'm racist - I have preconceived notions about races and I act on them. I'm biased against everyone (which kind of makes me fair). In my first post, I said I don't care about the racism here - I actually enjoy the freedom that Thailand offers. If Thais want to post a sign barring entrance to people they don't like, let them do it. I don't even care when I'm not allowed in a premises (eg Japanese bars), I simply go somewhere else.

I wouldn't bar anyone dependent on race, but I have observed enough people to notice that certain races have certain traits - some are positive and some are negative.

To be honest Kitty, this is not the right place to practice your English.

It's too colloquial and sometimes technical.

There are other forums that would suit you better.

To answer your question - I said it because I'm a mean bastard and Mark is stupid.

Thank you.Send the stupid Thai girl to the other forum.I think it is better I try my English in places I am interested.

Sounds a bit immature to me.Maybe this forum should have an Icebox or Troll section for that kind of stuff, Just a suggestion.

Welcome Jenson...

Regardless of my motive, this forum was once of the most fun and long-running of the past few months, since the site was revamped.

The forums on TF used to have lively debates that ran over several weeks.

Recently, however, the forums have deteriorated into people saying 'Hi' and other people asking questions like 'What's your favourite ice cream flavour?'

This forum however, sparked debate and passion, and in some cases, reasonable thought. I don't hold any strong feelings about the issue, I just enjoy the debate.

I have a suggestion for you. Start your own forum, and do a poll. See what kind of forums are most popular. Which ones long term TFers prefer.

Thank you.Send the stupid Thai girl to the other forum. I think it is better I try my English in places I am interested.

Ok... So your contribution to this forum so far is, "You good looking and talk nice." and "Why you say that?"

The thread is to discuss whether Thai people are racist or not. If you want to contribute, feel free to do so. If your interest is limited to 'good-looking' and 'talk nice', this is not the place for you.

Sounds a bit immature to me.Maybe this forum should have an Icebox or Troll section for that kind of stuff, Just a suggestion.

So, Jenson.... That's two 'big-head' and one 'immature' jibes on your first day here. If I were paranoid, I'd think you were trying to get a rise out of me.

And if I were suspicious, I'd wonder how coincidental it is that an Australian man, in his 50's, living in a rural province would join TF and within minutes find the forum where another Australian man in his 50's living in a rural province was being intellectually torn to shreds.

Most guys spend a few days looking at the girls before they start joining forums and baiting people.

Someone suspicious might wonder if you are the 'clever friend' I asked about earlier.

Luckily I'm not suspicious or paranoid.

Crikey mate! 50's!I'm only 42.Slow it down.Sorry about the big head thing.It just seemed that way.I'm just making a humble suggestion that an Ice Box or whatever is an idea for trollish flame wars like I've seen here.Keeps the forum tidy from childish crap.I've seen them on other forums (Ice boxes)

How is Nonthaburi rural? I'm only 20 minutes and 25 baht from Victory Monument by mini bus.As for meeting girls,there are better places.

Again,sorry about the big head thing.That was a bit rude I know.When I know you better I'll revise it.

Ok... So your contribution to this forum so far is, "You good looking and talk nice." and "Why you say that?"

The thread is to discuss whether Thai people are racist or not. If you want to contribute, feel free to do so. If your interest is limited to 'good-looking' and 'talk nice', this is not the place for you.

Chill out. It's for her to decide where she can come and hang out, not you.

Crikey mate! 50's!I'm only 42.Slow it down.Sorry about the big head thing.It just seemed that way.I'm just making a humble suggestion that an Ice Box or whatever is an idea for trollish flame wars like I've seen here.Keeps the forum tidy from childish crap.I've seen them on other forums (Ice boxes)

How is Nonthaburi rural? I'm only 20 minutes and 25 baht from Victory Monument by mini bus.As for meeting girls,there are better places.

Again,sorry about the big head thing.That was a bit rude I know.When I know you better I'll revise it.

lol - You need a better Avatar picture!

The debate was lively and covered a lot of ground. Those threads are the best. This was the first thread in a long time that brought in new posters and old timers.

BTW What's your favourite ice-cream flavour?

Of course... I think that's what I implied with "If you want to contribute, feel free to do so."

Is that the same thing you were implying with,

If your interest is limited to 'good-looking' and 'talk nice', this is not the place for you.
??

I know you're on this mean and controversial kick, which I'm all for...but you might want to pick your spots better than a new Thai girl who is learning ESL.

Pick on a fully grown Aussie man or a half-Japanese half American guy searching for his identity. Jeez.

To be honest Kitty, this is not the right place to practice your English.

It's too colloquial and sometimes technical.

There are other forums that would suit you better.

To answer your question - I said it because I'm a mean bastard and Mark is stupid.

No this bit...

Really? Identity crisis? Are you Batman?

Another case of thinking you own the forum, and running people out again. Nice work As*hole.

hahahaha .... actually i hate to be pedantic ... but shouldn't it be .... big headed a**hole !!!

and come on .... newbies get an easy ride compared to a few years ago !!!

Koolbreez is on my 'ignore' list. So fortunately I don't see his posts unless someone feels it worth requoting.

That doesn't happen very often.

**** you KB. (better hope someone quotes your answer or I won't see it again)

Can I put this post forward for the longest awaited, lamest retort ever award?

Oh, go on.

I just got home a few minutes ago.I've got better things to do than sit on a forum all day eagerly awaiting replies.I don't have a life of ease like your good self.

I'm hoping Rob is AC Slater for 2 reasons.

1) I had a crush on that Tiffany Amber bird - whatever her name is - and that would be a bit weird sharing a beer with Rob and thinking about how many times I mentally gave him a pearl necklace.

2) I have a picture of Mario Lopez (the guy who played AC Slater) on the wall at the restaurant - because I was running out of famous Mexicans!