Will You Ever Stay in Overstay? :P

Hazel

Question

:) Ok, I have never stayed in Overstay (in BKK), which is said to be the cheapest hostel in BKK at AUD4.05/night/person and am not related to the management as well. But I do feel that this place looks quite fun/hilarious to stay just for the fun of it and it has a real character of its own (judging from the photos), despite most of the reviews in Hostel Bookers and HostelWorld complaining that it is literally crawling with bed bugs and crying out loud with poor hygience.

Have a read through all the reviews, look at the photos and the facilities, and for the fun of it, decide whether you will seriously stay there LOL ;)

http://www.hostelbookers.com/property/index.cfm?fuseaction=propertyDynamic.overview&intpropertyid=54192&strArrivalDate=2011-07-01&intNights=2

http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/The-Overstay/Bangkok/34541

Edited by Hazel

of course, I did why not ? It was fun if you were young, energetic and adventurous :D

share experience here ? maybe later lol

Cos you said, "never again", which means something must have changed your mind from your first impression of wanting to stay there initially. I think people here, such as myself, will be interested to know how what you have to say about the place is going to be same or different from the reviews.

I am pleasantly surprised that you have stayed there cos there are so many accommodations in BKK and it is such a nice discovery that you have so coincidentally stayed in our topic of discussion. It is the same reaction as to how someone has discovered that someone else has just been to a place where you have never been to before but is interested to know more about. No worries, share with us the details if you want to, if not never mind. And of cos, at your own time and leisure.

Cos you said, "never again", which means something must have changed your mind from your first impression of wanting to stay there initially. I think people here, such as myself, will be interested to know how what you have to say about the place is going to be same or different from the reviews.

I am pleasantly surprised that you have stayed there cos there are so many accommodations in BKK and it is such a nice discovery that you have so coincidentally stayed in our topic of discussion. It is the same reaction as to how someone has discovered that someone else has just been to a place where you have never been to before but is interested to know more about. No worries, share with us the details if you want to, if not never mind. And of cos, at your own time and leisure.

when i said 'maybe later' here, i actually mean i would probably do it later as im stealing my office hour (relaxing on TF -lol)

And I thought the topic is for overstay experience in general not only in Bkk ( I have planed to stay over night with a friend once at somewhere cheap on Kao-sarn rd. but the urgent work called so I missed bkk overstay experience but i have had experience outside bkk and outside Thailand)

I'd be more worried about it getting raided by the police and ending up having to pay 50,000 baht to get out.

The place is a tatty dive run by a load of poverty stricken drug dealers, filled with a lot of poverty stricken overstayers. Don't get me wrong I love drugs, but not the shitty kind you'd end up doing there.

Avoid this place like HIV.

Want an experience? Go have a good experience!

I'm totally infamous at my shop for staying at the worst of places. I stayed at the YMCA in Chicago (before it was renovated -- I'm talking crack city). I've stayed 23 nights at a time in the Che Lagarto hostel in Rio with my youth football team, no problem at all, I'd totally recommend it. I not only stayed at Columbia University annex hostel housing in Manhattan, but as my plane arrived late, I had to BREAK IN via the louvers leading to the basement, and because once inside there was no one there to check me in, I slept a few hours on a work bench in said basement. In Bangkok, it has happened to me that my hotel reservation was booked incorrectly into the following night, and there was no space for me, after a 21 hour flight. So, too lazy to bother with finding alternative digs (which would have been easy), I simply had the porter take my bag, and at 11pm I went straight back out into the night, dirtier than a soi dog, returning at 10 in the morning for the first available room. I dare say by far the best city in the world in which to arrive in the dead of night without a reservation, assuming you have a modicum of stamina, is indeed Bangkok.