Why Thai girl like farang guy?

patricia_patty

it wasn't an argument, it was a statement ... the stats u put up as "standard" for thai were just BOLLOCKS ... COMPLETE AND UTTER ******* BOLLOCKS in fact !!!!!

Somehow... I am beginning to think... that You have to be the guy with the biggest tool inside the thai borders... considered the amount of blood Your brain obviously lack...

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to like westerners cuz of their look... but now I turned to Thai guys. Cuz of communication may be.

I think farang like Thai girls who can't think different than them. So they lost their charm to me.

and some of them always think talking to them is flirting them or want something from them.

This is actually an interesting statement, because a crosscultural relationship ought to be give and take on both sides, but I have another friend saying something similar - that when she have a boyfriend he don't respect her culture, don't understand her and so on... I do not know about You, but surely my friend is not trying too hard to understand (at least her last bf) his culture...

Ofcause growing up in the same culture, and living through the same time period, gives a great advantage, if I meet a fellow countryman / woman in thailand, then we instantly know each others way of talking and behaving...

To me I like my wife, she surely think very different than I do, we sure do have our "cultural clashes" - but important to me is that she KNOW that is a clash of culture, and she is great in trying to have a look from my side of the table, not that it changes much, but at least she try (very hard actually) to understand my point of view, and very often also have suggestions to compromises...

And the latter (compromising) I feel is an important thing in a relationship as a general rule, but in cross cultural relationship espacially...

as i know, he has already won a thai gal goal with 2 children as a result :)

We have some beautiful fruit, indeed.

Jeab and I share our problems, though. I'm constantly annoying her to do more, to adjust to farang life quicker. I'm not as understanding as I should be. She doesn't say "thank you" as much as farangs like to hear.

All in all, I think we annoy each other equally, so it works out.

Jeab and I share our problems, though. I'm constantly annoying her to do more, to adjust to farang life quicker. I'm not as understanding as I should be. She doesn't say "thank you" as much as farangs like to hear.

happy marrriage life , so jealous;)

I agree with Whitelotus it sound like happy marriage, because I read more love in this post than annoyance :)

But an interesting thing though, I know many farang in Thailand... Danish, German, American, Turkish even a couple of norwegian... All but a few married with thai women, almost none of them speak, read or write thai language, a lot of them do not like thai food...

So that is another cultural difference, I have a few friends in Denmark, married to danish guys there, and especially one woman, if she post on the internet in thai language, her husband will tell her to please don't do that, danish should be better... But I never see a thai woman say to her farang husband, write in thai, when in Thailand...

So difference there too, if thai go to foreign country, she (he) have to live that culture, if farang go to thailand, they still live their homelands culture ??

Edited by Jos_38
typo

I agree with Whitelotus it sound like happy marriage, because I read more love in this post than annoyance :)

But an interesting thing though, I know many farang in Thailand... Danish, German, American, Turkish even a couple of norwegian... All but a few married with thai women, almost none of them speak, read or write thai language, a lot of them do not like thai food...

So that is another cultural difference, I have a few friends in Denmark, married to danish guys there, and especially one woman, if she post on the internet in thai language, her husband will tell her to please don't do that, danish should be better... But I never see a thai woman say to her farang husband, write in thai, when in Thailand...

So difference there too, if thai go to foreign country, she (he) have to live that culture, if farang go to thailand, they still live their homelands culture ??

being thai , u r expected to be easy go ,adaptable,acceptable and no nationalism . oh we r not only admire but worship blond hair ppl too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somehow... I am beginning to think... that You have to be the guy with the biggest tool inside the thai borders... considered the amount of blood Your brain obviously lack...

sigh .... ok **** for brains ... this was ur statement that i felt was complete and utter ******* bollocks !!!

Standard Thai is 155cm weight around 42-45 kg and from my year long experience I would say 70A and 70B is a great market in Thailand...

now do u have any data or stats any-*******-where to show that these figures r indeed the thai standard ... or r u indeed talking complete and utter ******* bollocks !!!

i'm guessing it's quite possibly the latter !!!

sigh .... ok **** for brains ... this was ur statement that i felt was complete and utter ******* bollocks !!!

now do u have any data or stats any-*******-where to show that these figures r indeed the thai standard ... or r u indeed talking complete and utter ******* bollocks !!!

i'm guessing it's quite possibly the latter !!!

I am not sure what bar You sit in, but sure as hell darklit...

When You leave please remember to bring Your guide dog too, I walk in Bangkok every day, I see a lot of thais here, I think easily 1,000 or more thais actually live here, I do have some sense of how high I am, and then can quite easily predict the height of the peoples around me...

But - to make my statement hold, I just put in google : avarage+height+women+thailand - with a standard deviation of +/- 3% I have to say I am quite acurate : height chart women Thailand : 157.3 cm

I have to admit that it did take me some time learn what signs from Thai girls meant that they liked me, and what signs were just them being polite. Western guys tend to take big smiles from women as flirting. If a woman tells you you're handsome, that means that they want to taste your sauce, which isn't always true in Thailand.

When I figured it out, I made it my goal to make the polite girls like me too.

Yeah! I smile cuz I like to make friends not for flirting. Especially now, I wanna put a big sign on my forehead "No hunting"

This is actually an interesting statement, because a crosscultural relationship ought to be give and take on both sides, but I have another friend saying something similar - that when she have a boyfriend he don't respect her culture, don't understand her and so on... I do not know about You, but surely my friend is not trying too hard to understand (at least her last bf) his culture...

Ofcause growing up in the same culture, and living through the same time period, gives a great advantage, if I meet a fellow countryman / woman in thailand, then we instantly know each others way of talking and behaving...

To me I like my wife, she surely think very different than I do, we sure do have our "cultural clashes" - but important to me is that she KNOW that is a clash of culture, and she is great in trying to have a look from my side of the table, not that it changes much, but at least she try (very hard actually) to understand my point of view, and very often also have suggestions to compromises...

And the latter (compromising) I feel is an important thing in a relationship as a general rule, but in cross cultural relationship espacially...

Well, i might had many bad experience with farang guys, so better just give up. Actually, in my real life I'm a good listener but I have my own thought, my own opinion, sometimes I speak it out loud sometimes I keep it to myself.

but from what I have seen both friendship and relationship, some of farang like to hear Thai girl comments but those comments must suit them, "Just agree with them" and think that they are super smart. and if you have different thought "You are just stupid" or take it as offensive.

Some of them don't like Thailand at all... They don't like Thai culture, don't like Thai people, Thai boss are stupid.. etc. If I say "Just go" they will say I'm stupid. Hmmm dude people can live with their own choices, it's your choice to be here or leave. If you wanna live in Thailand just "suck it up".

Well, i might had many bad experience with farang guys, so better just give up. Actually, in my real life I'm a good listener but I have my own thought, my own opinion, sometimes I speak it out loud sometimes I keep it to myself.

but from what I have seen both friendship and relationship, some of farang like to hear Thai girl comments but those comments must suit them, "Just agree with them" and think that they are super smart. and if you have different thought "You are just stupid" or take it as offensive.

Some of them don't like Thailand at all... They don't like Thai culture, don't like Thai people, Thai boss are stupid.. etc. If I say "Just go" they will say I'm stupid. Hmmm dude people can live with their own choices, it's your choice to be here or leave. If you wanna live in Thailand just "suck it up".

I totally agree, why the hell do You stay voluntarily in a country that is so much all the things You hate, wonders me too...

I have my issues about Thailand and thai culture, but I would be very very sad the day Thailand was even remotely like Denmark to be honest, if I wanted to stay in Denmark I would have been there now...

Keeping an open mind, also in relationship is a far better path to follow IMHO... So OK, my wife actually LIKE to sit on the floor, if I get down there I can hardly get up, but at least some times I feel I should join her, in front of some thai soap (they are quite funny actually) and then use the time to get myself standing up again :D

First time I visited my mum in law, I was a bit surprised to see that everyone sat on the floor, eating :o But I climbed down there, got a spoon (another strange thing) and a plate, and some rice... finish Your lunch :)

Again, I know lots of guys who accept Thailand as the strange country and culture they inhabit now, and I am very sure You do too, but the ones crying out loudest seem to be the ones knowing Thailand from a barstool, most of the more openminded seem to live a quiet life, going about their business...

So maybe You should be more selective how You meet the guys, though I don't see anything wrong in searching male thai company, if You are a thai woman, I would even consider that sane ;) As I write in another thread, I do not see thai guys as any more unfaithful than farang guys, and then why let culture soil the fun :)

well i definitely don't want a girl who just agrees with everything i say .... but there r stupid ppl who make stupid comments ... however in my experience there r just as many stupid foreigners as locals !!

and many of us do criticise Thailand, but that doesn't mean we don't like it here ... it just means we don't agree with some of the things we see happening here .... blatant corruption of the police force and ppl selling their votes r 2 things in particular that piss me off !! and believe me ... i am just as critical of my own country as i am of Thailand ... in fact probably more so !!!

and in my opinion "ppl sucking it up" is one of the reasons things stay as they r in Thailand .. ppl here see and know what is wrong but they just think ... "mai bhen rai" ... and suck it up !!!

well i definitely don't want a girl who just agrees with everything i say .... but there r stupid ppl who make stupid comments ... however in my experience there r just as many stupid foreigners as locals !!

and many of us do criticise Thailand, but that doesn't mean we don't like it here ... it just means we don't agree with some of the things we see happening here .... blatant corruption of the police force and ppl selling their votes r 2 things in particular that piss me off !! and believe me ... i am just as critical of my own country as i am of Thailand ... in fact probably more so !!!

and in my opinion "ppl sucking it up" is one of the reasons things stay as they r in Thailand .. ppl here see and know what is wrong but they just think ... "mai bhen rai" ... and suck it up !!!

Wait na... Make me clear the air lol... that's why I think we have communication problem.

How can I explain... there is a thin line between criticise (with reason, make sense stuff) and some people who like to blame anything but themselves, I think you have met this kind of people.

Trust me, I criticise Thailand as you do, I think you know me, I criticise Thai politics, Thai gov., Thai police, Thai people, my friends, my boss or even Thai culture (believe me some of it I just can't take it)

I ask myself how to deal with it... how to change the world that I live... answer is I can change only my way to see it, look in different angle, and the way to deal with it. Don't get me wrong, I'm still be myself. I can't turn to be bad and greedy person that' not me.

I don't know how many time to speak to myself "Suck it up"

Cuz it's the way I chose. I can walk away but I choose to stay.

Wait na... Make me clear the air lol... that's why I think we have communication problem.

How can I explain... there is a thin line between criticise (with reason, make sense stuff) and some people who like to blame anything but themselves, I think you have met this kind of people.

Trust me, I criticise Thailand as you do, I think you know me, I criticise Thai politics, Thai gov., Thai police, Thai people, my friends, my boss or even Thai culture (believe me some of it I just can't take it)

I ask myself how to deal with it... how to change the world that I live... answer is I can change only my way to see it, look in different angle, and the way to deal with it. Don't get me wrong, I'm still be myself. I can't turn to be bad and greedy person that' not me.

Neung i did (i hope) understand what u were trying to say .... and i do agree there r ppl who live in Thailand who just ***** and moan about everything here ... my mate used to drag me to Jools bar on soi 4 and it was full of moaning old gits ... but these ppl wouldn't be happy anywhere ... they're just miserable old buggers !!

and i do know u and i do know that u criticise things about Thailand that u don't like ... but too many ppl don't do that and won't accept other ppl criticising things here they don't like or don't agree with !!

Difference between blindly criticism or "happyslapping" and being aware of the problems, maybe even think about how to make things better, and even better yet, make them better still in pact with society and culture...

I see in many fora farang_in_thailand fora, the ***... This is Thailand and then roll the eyes... Because in US we don't have any random killings, we do not have corrupt police, we hardly have any roadkills, and the government and economic policy is almost nursed into perfection...

In Denmark it is in fact well known that there are almost no corruption, but still politicians get the odd travel (educational ofcause) - or ticket to a sport event, free parking in a very expensive parkinglot, even lunch "on the house"...

Most farang are christian or at least christian in upbringing... Let he who is without sin cast the first stone... it's being preached all over the christian world, but for some reason forgotten completely as soon as they leave the airplane dressed in shiny songkhran colors...

An example : I read somewhere that this government has created a debt equivalent to 40% + of the Gross National Product... That basically mean that vevery thai will be in knee deeb debth for a very extended period of their live...

OK - that is it, and sure I have ideas to what SHOULD have been done, because basically only increase in tax can save the situation now, but I read in a forum something like : *** stupid government this only proves that a woman should not be primeminister... (not 100% correct quoted, but the basic message)...

So as I am a very curious person I looked at the profile behind, american... If any one country in the world is in really deep **** economic, that would be the US... But this person didn't see it that way... He kept on raging against Thailand and thais, and their irresponsibility... Ofcause among me others did also comment, and one guy was very eager to help our american friend, so he also started with happy slapping thais and Thailand... Funny thing... he was from Italy...

Italy, a country bankrupt if not held alive by the EU... Clean Your own bloody doorstep before You go ask others to clean their...

I find it fair that Thais are harsh (and some are) but hey it's their country, their problems basically, I also find it fair to criticise if You have a possible solution...

But bending backward yelling "BULLOCKS" is not really valuable as criticism, and sure don't help anything other than clearing the troth, if that is all one have to say... actually better to shut the f**k up - and let the locals fight their problems, they will have a better chance with out all the slapping around...

Thailand have a century old "tradition" for coup, corruption and riots... if farangs think they can do anything to change that, they honestly need to get a reality check...

If some foreign in Denmark say that Denmark is a **** country, and try to tell ME what the "real" problem in Denmark is... I sure as hell will tell them to shut up, pack their suitcase and get out better yesterday than today, as thais get easier access to the internet, and read more and more also the international fora, and see the slapping around there, I can easily understand if they get more nationalistic, more racist, more opposed to farangs living in Thailand, not the tourist most of them are happy on holiday, and want further restrictions...

"If any one country in the world is in really deep **** economic, that would be the US... .. "

I think the word to use here is ------------- BULLOCKS! ------------- sorry!

We are not in great shape but the EU still looks like the Titanic; at least I'll take out weak GDP and inconomic growth, crawling in the right direction

you are echoing the same short-sighted BS shouted by the Euros in the Fall of 2008 ...paraphasing:

"cannot happen here, we have our houses in order...its only going to affect America" oppps ! a house of cards here too

The trick in 2012 is that while our problems effected the globe in 2008,

the EU's issues in 2011-12 are pulling everyone down now...

It is a global house of cards;

back to the OP issue:

When in Rome, do as the Romans...in other words if you are abroad, fit into the local culture as you can;

cautiosly criticise - but keenly observe -

and outwardly call attention only when ask (unless someone's true safety is at risk)

"If any one country in the world is in really deep **** economic, that would be the US... .. "

We are not in great shape but the EU still looks like the Titanic; at least I'll take out weak GDP and inconomic growth, crawling in the right direction

I do not mind the word BULLOCKS when it is followed by words of explanation WHY, and some brainpower...

US basically is owned by now by China, and that is a grim situation in my opinion... EU is still collapsing mainly paid by them self... By internally shifting valuables... But sure, EU is down the drain already, Greece seem to be a bottomless pit, and as Italy, Spain and Portugal is imploding I doubt it will be possible to hold on to Greece, if Greece falls then I would expect most of the old eastern Europe to follow too... and that would be the end to EU...

To the rest I can only say "thumb up"

you are echoing the same short-sighted BS shouted by the Euros in the Fall of 2008 ...paraphasing:

"cannot happen here, we have our houses in order...its only going to affect America" oppps ! a house of cards here too

The trick in 2012 is that while our problems effected the globe in 2008,

the EU's issues in 2011-12 are pulling everyone down now...

It is a global house of cards;

back to the OP issue:

When in Rome, do as the Romans...in other words if you are abroad, fit into the local culture as you can;

cautiosly criticise - but keenly observe -

and outwardly call attention only when ask (unless someone's true safety is at risk)

Hate to break it to you...but the EU aint a country. But you are right - it's like a house of cards in Europe - the weak economies of Greece, Spain, Italy etc threaten to screw up the stronger countries in the Union. I always thought the Euro was an accident waiting to happen, and keeping sterling was one of the few wise moves by Westminster. I personally think that the Euro, in its present form, is in ICU and may not recover.

Makes me wish even more we'd got independence in the 70's. If we had, we would be riding this recession out with no problem at all. But...I suppose we have another chance in 2014 - just hope the fencesitters realise it's the right move and vote YES!

Ah ... now I can stop looking for those EU boarders on my new Cracker-Jack globe !!

sorry to say if the EU colapes, we ALL go into Recession II ...

the ripple will follow to all shores....and the Chinese may be as vunerable as any...as their export markets continue to stall,

Hate to break it to you...but the EU aint a country. But you are right - it's like a house of cards in Europe - the weak economies of Greece, Spain, Italy etc threaten to screw up the stronger countries in the Union. I always thought the Euro was an accident waiting to happen, and keeping sterling was one of the few wise moves by Westminster. I personally think that the Euro, in its present form, is in ICU and may not recover.

Makes me wish even more we'd got independence in the 70's. If we had, we would be riding this recession out with no problem at all. But...I suppose we have another chance in 2014 - just hope the fencesitters realise it's the right move and vote YES!

Not to pat myself too hard on the back too hard but when they first proposed the Euro I couldn't understand how it would work with near third world economies mixing their currency with first world countries. I figured I must be too stupid to get it.

Keep in mind, I used to sell stocks and bonds for a living and traded options pretty regularly. It's not like I was completely ignorant of how currency markets worked.

But it just seemed either like the greatest idea in the world or the worst idea in the world. Turns out, it was the worst idea.

Not to pat myself too hard on the back too hard but when they first proposed the Euro I couldn't understand how it would work with near third world economies mixing their currency with first world countries. I figured I must be too stupid to get it.

Keep in mind, I used to sell stocks and bonds for a living and traded options pretty regularly. It's not like I was completely ignorant of how currency markets worked.

But it just seemed either like the greatest idea in the world or the worst idea in the world. Turns out, it was the worst idea.

i wouldn't say it's the worst idea in the world ... but it definitely didn't seem to make much sense to me !!

i'm no financial expert ... but linking such widely different economies seemed like a recipe for disaster !!

especially when it appeared to be widely know that certain countries ... cough cough greece cough cough ... had been fairly creative with their accounts to ensure they met the parameters for joining the euro !!