NBA? hoops fans?

zeusbheld

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well played game by the Celts. Big 3 played great. Good games for Rondo, Posey, Powe, Sam. Even Big Baby was feeling it in the blowout.

Good coaching- we double teamed Joe Johnson and he got in foul trouble. Celts played great defense, guys diving on the floor all night.an "amen" for the Celts tonight! :mrgreen:

Well played game by the Celts. Big 3 played great. Good games for Rondo, Posey, Powe, Sam. Even Big Baby was feeling it in the blowout.

Good coaching- we double teamed Joe Johnson and he got in foul trouble. Celts played great defense, guys diving on the floor all night.an "amen" for the Celts tonight! :mrgreen:

didn't see the game before this but saw the stat line.

was clear that Doc made some very effective adjustments.

Damnit all to hell, if only I knew it was on tv :evil: the sucky espn here never shows anything but short highlights and now they show the whole game? Hope they'll do it again coz I'd love to see how they're able to keep Lebron to just 2 fieldgoals, that's some tight defensive isht

Damnit all to hell, if only I knew it was on tv :evil: the sucky espn here never shows anything but short highlights and now they show the whole game? Hope they'll do it again coz I'd love to see how they're able to keep Lebron to just 2 fieldgoals, that's some tight defensive isht

not sure if the celts were on tv today, didn't wake up early enough; watched the tail on of that on the computer.

http://www.justin.tv/maged_tv

i beleive i'ts your link, originally, isn't it?

the spurs - hornets game was on, spurs experience and grit made the difference. game 3 will be interesting, with hornets up 2-1. also, boston will be AT cleveland so that may be a different story.

incidentally my perception as to how they shut lebron down (saw the first game, part of the second): a) the rest of the team except for Big Man stand around with thumbs up their asses, B) they let him shoot from the perimeter and swarm him when he tries to take it to the rack.

I know Basketball !!!!!

The Lakers will the Championship !!!!!

Lakers have Kobe and the team plays DEFENCE !!!!!

King

subtle analysis :roll:

Don't think so Zeus.

Basketball is what I know best in LIFE.

Since you know a little about NY, that is where I was raised and learned the game of basketball and if you read my profile....I am a basketball coach :)

King

I know Basketball !!!!!

King

Don't think so Zeus.

Since you know a little about NY, that is where I was raised and learned the game of basketball and if you read my profile....I am a basketball coach :)

King

point being, regardless of what you know, you're not sharing any knowledge, you're just saying.

"look at me!! i'm an expert, so i know better! i don't have to support or justify my assertions in any way, i'm right because i say so!!"

and that's lame. not to mention boring. so don't be boring, explain in more detail. for example, you say they play defense. yet it's been my observation over the years that not only do teams rarely go very far without playing defense, but shockingly, there are several teams still in it who can play half-decent defense! :shock: imagine that.

if it's just your gut reaction, fine, but if you actually want to persuade anyone, you'll need to go a lot farther than pointing out your expertise...

I know Basketball !!!!!

King

Don't think so Zeus.

King

point being, regardless of what you know, you're not sharing any knowledge, you're just saying.

"look at me!! i'm an expert, so i know better! i don't have to support or justify my assertions in any way, i'm right because i say so!!"

and that's lame. not to mention boring.

Zeus,

Its not that I am saying that I am correct. If anyone knows anything about the game of basketball.

The game is won when the team scores the most points when the whistle is sound. To win the Championship not only do you have to score the most points before the whistle is sound but you have defend the other team from scoring more than you...

Have you not ever heard of the phase.....

DEFENCE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS

Please....I do not have to defend my comments to you or anyone else when it comes to the game of basketball....

Have a nice weekend on your trip and be safe where ever you go :)

btw...The Lakers or not my favorite team so therefore I am not bias to the Lakers. Just my opinion of who I think is going to win by following the NBA season.

King

I know Basketball !!!!!

King

Don't think so Zeus.

King

thus that can "just do it" .... those that can't coach !!!!

I know Basketball !!!!!

King

Don't think so Zeus.

King

HOW ABOUT YOU PUTTING YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS......YOU PICK A TEAM IN THE PLAYOFFS AND I PICK THE LAKERS AND WHICH EVER TEAM GOES THE FURTHEREST WIN.....ANYTHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO WAGER THAT YOU CAN AFFORD......SHUT UP OR PUT UP.....CALLING YOU OUT CIARAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

King

Zeus,

Its not that I am saying that I am correct.

yet strangely, it looks that way from what you posted.

If anyone knows anything about the game of basketball.

right, as an assistant coach of a high school team, you're obviously the only one who would know anything about the game. :roll:

The game is won when the team scores the most points when the whistle is sound. To win the Championship not only do you have to score the most points before the whistle is sound but you have defend the other team from scoring more than you...

no **** sherlock. you realize that you said basically nothing there, right? no, i guess you don't.

you completely ignored this when you quoted me "for example, you say they play defense. yet it's been my observation over the years that not only do teams rarely go very far without playing defense, but shockingly, there are several teams still in it who can play half-decent defense! icon_eek.gif imagine that. "

as if the lakers are the only team in history that ever realized that they could win games by making sure they score points, and prevent the other team from scoring wherever possible. brilliant, just brilliant.

oh, and careful about talking to people as if they're morons and cant possibly comprehend your deep basketball knowledge, especially when your'e posting something so obvious. i doubt it enhances anyone's impression of your expertise.

Please....I do not have to defend my comments to you or anyone else when it comes to the game of basketball....

well obviously you don't, but as i said "i'm an expert therefore my opinion must be right" isn't very persuasive.

btw...The Lakers or not my favorite team so therefore I am not bias to the Lakers. Just my opinion of who I think is going to win by following the NBA season.

wouldn't be surpised to see them win it, but there *are* other strong teams in the playoffs. some of them actually play defense, too! :shock: so it's far from a done deal.

Zeus,

right, as an assistant coach of a high school team, you're obviously the only one who would know anything about the game. :roll:

no sh*t sherlock. you realize that you said basically nothing there, right? no, i guess you don't.

you completely ignored this when you quoted me "for example, you say they play defense. yet it's been my observation over the years that not only do teams rarely go very far without playing defense, but shockingly, there are several teams still in it who can play half-decent defense! icon_eek.gif imagine that. "

as if the lakers are the only team in history that ever realized that they could win games by making sure they score points, and prevent the other team from scoring wherever possible. brilliant, just brilliant.

oh, and careful about talking to people as if they're morons and cant possibly comprehend your deep basketball knowledge, especially when your'e posting something so obvious. i doubt it enhances anyone's impression of your expertise.

well obviously you don't, but as i said "i'm an expert therefore my opinion must be right" isn't very persuasive.

wouldn't be surpised to see them win it, but there *are* other strong teams in the playoffs. some of them actually play defense, too! :shock: so it's far from a done deal.

Zeus,

You know what ?

Put your money where your mouth is also!!!!!

SHUT UP OR PUT UP !!!!!

Be safe where ever your going this weekend.

King

Zeus,

no sh*t sherlock. you realize that you said basically nothing there, right? no, i guess you don't.

Zeus,

You know what ?

SHUT UP OR PUT UP !!!!!

King

well Zeus .... that's u f**king told ...... as well !!!

I know Basketball !!!!!

King

Don't think so Zeus.

King

HOW ABOUT YOU PUTTING YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS......YOU PICK A TEAM IN THE PLAYOFFS AND I PICK THE LAKERS AND WHICH EVER TEAM GOES THE FURTHEREST WIN.....ANYTHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO WAGER THAT YOU CAN AFFORD......SHUT UP OR PUT UP.....CALLING YOU OUT CIARAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

King

am i supposed to care about a game for girls ????

Netball.jpg

although then again .... they both look better than Kobe .... did he give u a good going over ???

Zeus,

You know what ?

SHUT UP OR PUT UP !!!!!

King

put up WHAT? you saying, i should bet on the playoffs? i need to make a prediction? what? or do you need to see my basketball resume? that would matter exactly why?

*you * claim to be the expert, yet *you* have said nothing to substantiate your apparent claim that the lakers are the only team who can play defense (in spite of, for example, the celtics shutting down LeBron twice in a row). as i said, i wouldn't be surprised if the lakers won... but since *you* clearly dont' intend to shut up, how about *you* "put up"-- explain your rationale for picking the Lakers. that is, assuming you can.

ILST: relax there, offisa, i doubt it's a threat, implied or otherwise.

edit: quote box fixed

[quote name="KingLing"}

Zeus,

You know what ?

SHUT UP OR PUT UP !!!!!

King

put up WHAT? you saying, i should bet on the playoffs? i need to make a prediction? what? or do you need to see my basketball resume? that would matter exactly why?

*you * claim to be the expert, yet *you* have said nothing to substantiate your apparent claim that the lakers are the only team who can play defense (in spite of, for example, the celtics shutting down LeBron twice in a row). as i said, i wouldn't be surprised if the lakers won... but since *you* clearly dont' intend to shut up, how about *you* "put up"-- explain your rationale for picking the Lakers. that is, assuming you can.

ILST: relax there, offisa, i doubt it's a threat, implied or otherwise.

That is so true....I was not theatening Zeus....Thank you Zues for your understanding.....I can not give you stats as to why the Lakers are the best because stats don't mean anything from game to game....Our team this past year was undefeated in the regular season but lost in the finals due to many reasons...Basketball is a game like any other competitions where you have to click at the right moment. I am not going to explain to you about that because if you know anything about sports itself...it"s the team that is playing the best at any given time....give for instance the NY METS with 7 games leave in the season with 17 to play and the Phillies came back to win the division on the last game of the season....if your looking for me to give you stats on any sports that is not what wins the championship.....It's how your playing at the time that will determine your success...hope you understand that.....so, I just think that without a sure win that the Lakers are playing the best of all the teams that are in the playoffs.....If I knew the winner I would be RICH.....That is what you call GAMBLING......kau jai mai

King