Bakseeda

Has anybody got anything positive out of this forum yet?

given that the original poster was oozing positivity when he tarred the entire thai population with his nana brush, most likely because he isn't sharp enough to tell the difference between an evasive maneuver, lying for personal gain, and self-delusion, what did you expect, really?

the jerry springer moment, complete with princess as steve the bouncer, was just an added bonus...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ignorance is bliss!!! :D

you must be in heaven then or at least so deep in denial you could be a pharaoh, as you, like most farrangs here, are utterly delusional about *your* role in the whole thing.

in order to post what you posted, it's obvious that YOU

a) can't spot when a lie is merely an evasion, and you, the listener are supposed to be smart enough to KNOW it's a lie and really means "don't want to talk about it."

B) apparently are gullible enough to believe that farrangs don't lie, probably because farrangs who lie toend to do so for personal gain and thus make every effort to avoid detection. you've probably been victimized more by farrang lies than thai lies and just don't know it.

c) seem to think you are a beacon of honesty to those lost in darkness without lamps. i bet if you let me follow you around with a video camera for a week, i'd catch you in dozens of lies, and often you'd be unaware your'e lying. most likely because you suck at detecting your own lies to yourself, as do most humans (although farrangs on average are especially talented at deluding themselves).

d) are apparently unable to sift through the soap opera to see any legitimate responses, and are probably too arrogant to consider *any* dissenting response legitimate.

I'm sick of all the Bullsh*t responses,

Everybody is an expert but nobody has given one constructive answer only,

"Blah blah blah Everybody lies blah blah blah"

"Get out of Thailand blah blah blah"

"You know nothing, I know everything blah blah blah"

"How could you be a teacher!!!!!!!"

GET REAL!

TRANSLATION from bakseeda-ese: agree with me because i'm right right right if you don't agree with MEEEEEE it's not a legitimate response, and i'll throw my toys and sulk.

This is a subject where western culture and eastern cultures totally differ!

I am already aware of that and also of the different values here, which is fine but I am amazed that the only farangs that have completely adapted to the culture here are all on Thailandfriends.

right "the incredible integrity of westerners." another example of how good farrangs are at deluding themselves about their 'superiority.'

I'm sick of all the Bullsh*t responses,

Everybody is an expert but nobody has given one constructive answer only,

"Blah blah blah Everybody lies blah blah blah"

"Get out of Thailand blah blah blah"

"You know nothing, I know everything blah blah blah"

"How could you be a teacher!!!!!!!"

GET REAL!

Oh.. I can understand you pretty well baby... why you are so sick..

I ALSO sick... I sick of stupid farang with stupid question.! And if i were you i would not wonder why people come out with those responses.. they just play toward a moron. :evil:

How could you ? If you were a thai what would you feel if someone ask you like that ??.....Sh*t !!!

Read it again. He didn't say why do all thai people lie so much. He said "why do Thai people lie so much" For me it reads that there is a lot of lying going on in thailand. Not that everyone lies.

Really not a helluva lot of difference there. Either way, you can expect many Thais will be insulted by the post.

Who ever is the author of this forum, first of all has to be either a crazy person or just an idiot? This question or accuation is coming from a teacher? If you don't like it, get out of the country! You have a choice don't you? To bluntly make such a statment on TF's about Thai's lying to you........Do you live in a cave or something? Have you ever socialized with any other nationalities, etc? In general, I find the majority of the Thai people quite honest in real life.........we are not talking about the seedy nightlife in certain areas where everyone is just trying to make a fast buck :lol: Eddie

CobraKai.........this forum is about Thai's lying?

What does your big dic* has to do with this, does that mean you can stick it up your a** ? I think you've been fuc*ed up too many times! :lol: Eddie

Seeing as the original posts were deleted, this was never about "my big ****"..

oh you fibber! yes it was... you said about the email... he came on and gave you a HARD time.... then I said did you bang his bird and is she fit like? you said i cant say but said...then i said so he thinks you got a bigger **** than him thats gotta hurt more than my arm, then the bird came on in a different thread called you some sort of **** and me aggresive... then she made a huffy sound and stormed out profile an all.. then when princess dragged herself out of bed she went over everything in red crayon.... think thats the highlights?

eddie's just senile, but he has guns, so it's only a matter of time before the darwin theory kicks in.....

You're just jealous of my mod-fu.

oh you fibber! yes it was... you said about the email... he came on and gave you a HARD time.... then I said did you bang his bird and is she fit like? you said i cant say but said...then i said so he thinks you got a bigger **** than him thats gotta hurt more than my arm, then the bird came on in a different thread called you some sort of **** and me aggresive... then she made a huffy sound and stormed out profile an all.. then when princess dragged herself out of bed she went over everything in red crayon.... think thats the highlights?

eddie's just senile, but he has guns, so it's only a matter of time before the darwin theory kicks in.....

thanks for the summary mate ... by the time i saw it Princess had been busy (very busy) with her red crayon !!!!sounds like it was fun while it lasted !!

Really not a helluva lot of difference there. Either way, you can expect many Thais will be insulted by the post.

I both understand and can see that too. I also said the author could have chosen his words better. Being critical about thai people or thailand is a very sensitive subject to some people and admittingly one has to be very careful in the choice of words. I've made that mistake too. The author's initial post can be interpreted both ways and more often than not people here seem to lean towards the negative.

But nevertheless there is a point behind those ill chosen words which is an interesting subject for discussion.

My main concern was this "If you don't like it, get the f*ck outta here" attitude. I have yet to come across a country (been to about 50 so far) that would not have people thinking like that so it's not a thai phenomenon. I resent that attitude just as much if it's voiced by people of my home country of Finland and unfortunately there are plenty of them too.

To be frank, I think you are making a bit too much of Nicky's comment. I agree that there is a legitimate topic for discussion about the value of honesty in different cultures. If it had been expressed in a less insulting way, I'm sure her response would have been calmer and more thoughtful as she is an educated and broad minded person. So I think you should let it go.

I both understand and can see that too. I also said the author could have chosen his words better. Being critical about thai people or thailand is a very sensitive subject to some people and admittingly one has to be very careful in the choice of words. I've made that mistake too. The author's initial post can be interpreted both ways and more often than not people here seem to lean towards the negative.

But nevertheless there is a point behind those ill chosen words which is an interesting subject for discussion.

My main concern was this "If you don't like it, get the f*ck outta here" attitude. I have yet to come across a country (been to about 50 so far) that would not have people thinking like that so it's not a thai phenomenon. I resent that attitude just as much if it's voiced by people of my home country of Finland and unfortunately there are plenty of them too.

Point being we all sometimes post things we better not have, including me. But one can choose to see beyond it and parttake in the discussion which is meaningful.

Maybe there should be a new thread where people would be able to discuss the subject with more restraint and with less nationalistic hogwash.

Boy, aren't you being a sanctimonious prick!!!!

Whilst what he said - however offensive it was to Thais - was worthy of discussion provided he had framed it in a certain way.

What she said in her outburst was a "racist" comment.

Well here is what Zeus said earlier "..again, with the caveat that you're unlikely to find asians as confrontational as westerners, and you might have to learn to 'read' when you're supposed to know something is an evasive maneuver rather than a lie as such. if one can't deal with that then perhaps one might either a) move to a country where people are more confrontational, or B) get really, really really really lucky in choosing your mate."

He basically said the same thing without the "f" word and without being confrontational!!

Did you even once mentioned to Zeus that suggestion could be construed as being racist?!? Strange, I didn't see any!!!

But you were not going to give a her break - were you?

What is more strange is that I saw no "suggestion" from you that "she could have framed her statement in a different light, then maybe it is worthy of discussion too!" I wonder why that slipped your mind?!?

Furthermore, I see no "understanding" or "compassion" from you because she was provoked into her outburst!!!

You know, you are saying a hell alot more about yourself than you realised!!!