Interesting Words or Slangs

smartass

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, if you can't say **** then maybe you can say pud ...

some of my friends and i have our own separate slang however.... none of which is politically correct i'm sure..

pud for example is schnitzel , gay is ***** boy , lesbian is ***** boy girl the female naughty bits (if they're appealing naughty bits) are referred to as sweet polly . coz sweet polly purebred was the 'hot girl' character on a bad cartoon that still is in reruns around here today.

I still think that the good old "f*ck" should get its credentials as you can use it in so many different ways always meaning something else. In my archives there should be a list somewhere - in printout it nearly fills a whole page. And then, there is still the famous sentence overheard from a Canadian Warrant Officer, serving as a weapons NCO with the Peace-Keeping Forces in Cyprus years and years back, who once exclaimed when getting back a pistol that would not work any more: "Oh f*ck, this f*cking f*uck really has f*cking f*cked up!"

Come on, we can do better than f*ck, c*nt, **** and *****.

Those aren't slang, they're profanity.

Okay, here's an example of slang that was very common in the offices I worked in in New York:

"dropping a dime"

It means to phone in sick, or in another setting, to inform to the police. A dime is a 10 cent coin, which way back when was what it cost to make a call from a public telephone. (It's probably a dollar now.) So you would "drop a dime" into the slot for coins on a pay phone.

For example:

"Didn't Frank come in to workk today?"

"No, he dropped a dime."

or

"I thought Smartass was gonna meet you at the Londoner."

"The b*tch dropped a dime on me."

(Okay, okay, you know I'm kidding, Oy.)

or

"How did the cops know Tony Soprano ordered that hit on Paul Collins?"

"Someone dropped a dime on him."

"***"

= Gay for American :shock: / = Ciggy for Brit 8)

<< Wondering.. between them... :shock: How they communicate ??>>

These Cute Words <Brit's words>... I really do like to say...

"Trainers" = Sneakers

"Tube" = Underground Train

"Telly" = Television <<naruk dee >>

"Sarny" = Sandwich

"Breakie" = Breakfast <<Naruk Dee :)>>

"Snog" = to kiss with tongue... :oops: <<I do like this Word too bits>>

"Loo" = toilet

"Wee" = Pee

"Goodie" = Stuff, things, Goods

"Undie" = Underwear <<Naruk Mai?.. Naruk dee>>

"Bird" = GF or Woman << My Ex said English Women hate being called "bird" but somehow I did like it>>

My own silly Words.. that I do say quite often..

Dip-Drop = A Remote Control 8)

O-la = OK :)

Khun Su = stands for "Sunak" <<doggie>>

Nong Po = Police :shock:

Peter = Cockroach

Cutie = a Girl who is younger &...errr prettier than me :shock:

Sweetie = my GF-s, whoever <female> I do care for.

TLC = BF, A Special Someone <<This is originally from Jane.. but I am kinda addiced to it>>

"Drag ***" = Gals who like hanging out with Gays

Cheers!

X_O >> Leftie

American music, particularly rap is probably the best place to pick up the latest slang.

Only if what you want is slang from the 'hood or prison.

America's a big place with lots of groups of people, different dialects and a variety of slang.

If you're getting your slang off a record or MTV, it's already passed the expiration date.

It's a commuter. Look on the BTS. They have those red plastic straps hanging down and people grab on and hang on to them. Also had on NYC subway and busses. Hence, the name for the people commuting every day on subways and busses was:

Straphangers.

It's a very very common term in the US big cities. A typical news radio report might go:

"Bad news for straphangers this morning. There is a 30 minute delay on the D train after poilce arrested noted New York *** hag Yellowsubmarine for stripping naked and chasing former members of the Village People through three cars.''

Don't know about Europe, but probably not. Dey got deah own woids ova deah.

A few Brit ones from my favourite dictionary:

see a man about a dog

Vrb phrs. An euphemism to avoid telling of your true destination, often in reply to an awkward question. Is commonly used as a euphemism for going to the toilet.

shirtlifter

Noun. A male homosexual. Derog.

Septic

Noun. A person from the U.S.A.. From the rhyming slang septic tank - Yank.

galloping knob-rot

Noun. Severe, uncontrolled venereal disease. Cf. 'knob-rot'.

beer goggles

Noun. The imaginary spectacles/glasses (goggles) that one wears after an over-indulgence in alcohol (beer), and that make an otherwise unappealing person seem sexually desirable. E.g."I was obviously wearing beer goggles last night; when I awoke and saw who I'd brought home the previousnight I nearly threw up... she had 3 eyes, a beard and no nose."

pearl necklace

Noun. Ejaculated semen that has landed around the vicinity of the neck and upper chest, imitative of a pearl necklace.

knob cheese

Noun. Smegma. Cf. 'cheese'.

Exclam. An exclamation of annoyance.

* Also spelt nob cheese.