What musical equipment do you play, or want ?

tilaceer

What gear do you have and what review do you give it ?

Is there something you wish you had bought instead, or still wish to purchase ?

I own a '72 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Gold Top.

Originally I wanted a 335TD, but at the time I was working for the Gibson distributer here in Melbourne, and the quality of the guitars imported was poor. The LP was the best I could find in the warehouse.

Its a good guitar, though needs refretting now..think I will go for skinny frets, not the huge "T" frets she now has.

I run .008 strings on it.

Always wanted to try an L-series strat, a Valley Arts (are they still going ?), and the Steve Vai Jem777....

Got a Marshall 100W Master Lead head, (valve), coupled to two JBL K130's.

Nice clean sound. I really like the Marshall head.

Processing wise, I use a Roktron GAP1 distortion unit...nice unit, no complaints, that then goes through an Alesis Quadreverb...wish I had a midi foot controller, then finally through a boss compressor/noise gate. Not sure the Boss actually adds anything, maybe that wasnt such a good purchase.

Acoustic is a Takemine that I like a lot. Cant remember the model, added a Dot pickup to it, and I use bronze wound .011's. Has a really nice tone.

Base is just an old Ibanez that I pickep up cheap, doesnt get too much use, as I am no Stu Hamm...needs a new set of strings, but I am too tight to buy any...

Guess the only thing I would like is a cheap K/board...

What do you annoy the neighbours with ???

Vestax decks and mixer with final scratch

2 x akai 3000xl samplers

Proteous 2000 sound module

Novation A-Station

Novation Supernova

Nord Lead

Yamaha AW4416 24 track Digital Desk

Mackie spike

Maudio Axion 46

Behringer Composer pro compressor

Yamaha msp5 near field monitors

EV sx300 monitors running through cambridge audio amp

Ableton live, soundforge and cubase sx with various plugin instruments

100s of other pieces of software used for fx and dynamics

Elektrix eq killer

Korg kaosspad

Carlo Robelli bass guitar

Texas instruments Speak and Spell

Loads a microphones Including 2 sm57betas and 2 nice Thoman retro cardoids and little gadgets all over the place not to mention about 4 miles of audio looms midi cables plugs sockets adapters etc

**** how did I acquire so much stuff

I play drums.

Very expensive to get these in Krabi, so i use a borrowed Yahama set (don't even know the model because it is crap) and 80 baht sticks.

but it is good to know that there are some musicians on this site.

If any of you want to come down to krabi and Jam in the jungle, I am in the process of converting one of my unused bedrooms to a jam space. That could be fun...

-RiLINjuH!

I have a Artinger custom electric I play with the bands and an ol washburn woodstock model acoustic I play at home. Les Paul and Tele in the closet at the moment with various acoustics and basses in my living room. I just had a fender princeton repaired in denver and use a new tweed covered fender blues junior to gig. PA systerm in my living room for workin and recording sometimes. want a Bose PA system, the new tower one. Someone tell Santa !! ooops thats me :P

:D i used to play folk guitar a little bit when i was student nurse and i tried to learn saxophone but it'was not work ...lol after that i tried to play harmonica for a while..hahaha i couldn't play again . bad luck me so i change the project to be a singer..well, that's when i was young..at this moment i play thai instrument..Khim for 5 years :D i just started learing Khim when i am old ..hehehe..no matter..everybody who is interested any music u can try and do what u like and one day u will be success like me..now i have thai band in my hospital.in the future i would like to play saw-oo :wink: