Top columnists on TF?

chickensoup

On the other hand i tend to avoid regulars who post pages of drivel in "i'm brainier than you" slug-fests . Those threads ought to be flagged with

warning sgnals :idea: ..... but since the offenders are often a couple of heavy posting moderators or their groupees ,somehow can;t see that happening :lol:

ok so obviously you mean me but who is the other one? are you sure the other one is a moderator? fyi celticcola, my usual partner in crime, is not a moderator.

and as for flagging them, it isnt rocket science to avoid them, i'm sure you can muddle through somehow. sorry for the imposition. didnt mean to waste your time by expecting you to choose for yourself what to read.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i used to read just about EVERY journal (but off course, skim thru if its over a4 limit).... but now that the journal page has been lengthened ~ i find it hard to focus on ANY journal! :shock:

though, the one and only journal i just HAVE to click onto everytime would be Skaty's.. (skateboard_girl) .... cos i feel the need to know exactly when Urxi is gonna die.... well, seems like he's gonna live for a while. too bad.... ... I do miss the thrill... 8)

well, i used to read just about EVERY journal (but off course, skim thru if its over a4 limit).... but now that the journal page has been lengthened ~ i find it hard to focus on ANY journal! :shock:

though, the one and only journal i just HAVE to click onto everytime would be Skaty's.. (skateboard_girl) .... cos i feel the need to know exactly when Urxi is gonna die.... well, seems like he's gonna live for a while. too bad.... ... I do miss the thrill... 8)

and how could i forget OutOfOrder ... smart kid

Somtamcharlie wrote:

"and i like Bobbyboy's input :he seems an all round decent ,diplomatic guy who appears to get on with most people on here "

Thanks big guy :D

Bobby's a decent bloke, but he never seems to take me seriously and always laughs at me. think i'll report him to one of the moderators

hahaha...thanks man....um, no need to report me cause i just reported me to me 8) ...it'll never happen again :wink:

On the other hand i tend to avoid regulars who post pages of drivel in "i'm brainier than you" slug-fests . Those threads ought to be flagged with

warning sgnals :idea: ..... but since the offenders are often a couple of heavy posting moderators or their groupees ,somehow can;t see that happening :lol:

ok so obviously you mean me but who is the other one? are you sure the other one is a moderator? fyi celticcola, my usual partner in crime, is not a moderator.

and as for flagging them, it isnt rocket science to avoid them, i'm sure you can muddle through somehow. sorry for the imposition. didnt mean to waste your time by expecting you to choose for yourself what to read.

I'm the other one. Don't be so sensitive or defensive. Charlie's got a right to his opinion.

FYI Charlie: Admin did ask moderators to post often and a lot.

Can't we just all get along? lol

By the way, where are these groupies I'm hearing about? lol

I'm not into the long posts myself BUT I don;t read them then no big deal. If I get interested I read em. There is the mouse to save us from to much retoric. I thought it was silly that it was being said that some journals were boring or sad or uninteresting. I mean some people are boring or sad or uninteresting but then they might find someone here that is as boring as them

Thats what this place is for. I like the forum fights that spring up from rediculous topics so I can pop in a few points. No favorites not a groupie here , LOL

to paraphrase anthony quinn from lawrence of arabia ...

no... you must have met a different zeusbheld...

Unbelievably obscure reference - one of my favourite all times movies but no idea what you are refering to. Only quote I remember from anthony quinn in that film was.

'your mother was a scorpion' (or something like that)

So the original was 'you must have met a different (Lawrence) (Arab) (Englishman) (Zeusbheld) (scorpion) (sheep) (little boy)'?

So the original was 'you must have met a different (Lawrence) (Arab) (Englishman) (Zeusbheld) (scorpion) (sheep) (little boy)'?

i cant remember the exact line

it was when anthony quinn (auda, dont trust my spelling) found lawrence's traveling mate drinking from his well, and lawrence was talking noise about "the auda i have heard of is a great man and would never begrudge someone who crossed the ___ desert to drink from his well.."

"you must have heard of a different auda."

my memory sucks but i've seen it 8 times (3x on big screen).

I read posts by 2unique because he is black. And tall. and, maybe for some other reasons too.

I like Loburt's posts because he is fair and objective and votes for me for some reason.

Winny_Peepo of course because every single thing she says is full of life, be it love, hate, vomit...

Zeus is interesting to read, but if he posts more than 2 or 3 times on a page, i'll just skip everything, turn off my pooter and drink...

Pam (OOO) is fun to read. Drama drama and something ascerbic and funny too

Bobbyboyabunchofnumbers because if i feel glum, all i have to do is look at any one word he says and its so full of sunshine, or is that moonshine? sauce- talkin bastard, i love ya...

I really like the one-two punch of Smartass and Yellowsubmarine. Lovely smart ladies is what this world needs a whole lot more of. Go get em girls!

Jimbo (Gin-bah!) who i could see being a good mate. He says what he means and feels exactly!

AtomicFlower for her cool laid back smarts

Then there are the testosterone fuelled lot: CS, Ac69uk,Ciaran all of whom have good and clever things to say, if the delivery is a bit harsh sometimes

Should I end with the PC disclaimer of too many more to mention? err, nah

• 3 weeks later...
proof that "quantity" is no substitute for "quality"....i've posted dozens and dozens of forums....with pages and pages of responses....and NOT a single nomination...."f**k you guys....I'm goin' home!"....ala Cartmen :(

well fb2 you get *half* a nomination from me... coz you didnt quite get the cartman quote... the correct answer is:

"[ b] screw you guys... i'm going home. "

zbh

b is for southparkologist