Loy Krathong

BkkPilot

Well, this year is going to be my first Loi Krathong. Have always been out of town for one reason or another so far.

Now, in order to break me in, where should I go? Any suggestions? If I wanted to stay in BKK, what would be the best place?

Wherever you go, remember to take a gun and shoot those fuckers who chase your kratong out to raid the 10 baht coins out of it before it's even made it 10 yards off the beach.

:evil: :evil:

so i guess i won't do the "loy kratong u-boat" this year. :cry:

Well, this year is going to be my first Loi Krathong. Have always been out of town for one reason or another so far.

Now, in order to break me in, where should I go? Any suggestions? If I wanted to stay in BKK, what would be the best place?

Chaopraya river ... rama8 bridge .. great firework!! but too crowded :)

Thanks for the replies so far.

Maybe someone can teach me how to build my little float?

The date is the 24th or 25th, Saturday or Sunday. Anybody got more info? When are the fireworks? (Saturday or Sunday - just before some smartass responds: "at night").

Anybody an idea for a more romantic venue, other than the big crowd, and my bathtub...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

There was an Loy Kratong event organized by someone from TF. I signed in for it. Because it was on the 12 November, the same day that I'll arrive in BKK late in the afternoon, I send a PM to the one who set up the event to tell I'd be maybe too late or maybe couldn't make it.

Must have something to do with the fact that I'm old and bald and have a tummy, the qualifications to be considered a .....

The next day the event didn't figure on the event list anymore :twisted:

There was an Loy Kratong event organized by someone from TF. I signed in for it. Because it was on the 12 November, the same day that I'll arrive in BKK late in the afternoon, I send a PM to the one who set up the event to tell I'd be maybe too late or maybe couldn't make it.

Must have something to do with the fact that I'm old and bald and have a tummy, the qualifications to be considered a .....

Gwang delete her profile on TF,that is why there is no more event.

Maybe someone else can create an event on the same day?

Gwang delete her profile on TF,that is why there is no more event.

Maybe someone else can create an event on the same day?

Thanks for the information, Nico ........ I already made an appointment with my friend from NZ, maybe we still go to the riverside.

• 3 months later...

Well my always sink in seconds, no Loy involved....I always find the evening so depressing, floating my Kratong alone into the Chao Praya yet again.

My condo makes a nice night of it as I live on the river. Baan Chao Praya Condominium actually for those who know the place.

• 4 months later...