NO GO areas

R.Win

I'm not a native speaker so it might not always come out right.
That's fine Arwin dear. My God, you mean your country doesn't have native speakers??? How odd. So what do they speak? Double Dutch??? :lol:

Mijn Nederlands is anders prima hoor en ik kan zeggen tegen je wat ik wil zonder dat je er een fluit van begrijpt, je zult je nederlandse vrienden moeten vragen voor een vertaling al denk ik dat iemand als jij niet erg veel vrienden heeft. Het is niet erg duidelijk of je nu weer grappig probeert te zijn door slechts een deel van mijn text te noemen i.p.v. de volledige zin of dat je me probeert te dissen, geen van beiden werkt. Wat je laaste vraag betreft zul je waarschijnlijk diep in de buidel moeten tasten om het ooit mee te maken of nog meer ogenschaduw dragen dan je nu al doet. So .... yes Double Dutch indeed

:lol:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

socking sandal farang with worn out hoes

Huh? Why are farang walking around with gardening implements?

Agree with most of the posts...and MBK especially, although these days it is relatively SAFE and NICE in comparison to what it was like when I arrived in BKK...at that time it was like several floors of cramped street stalls...bloody incredible...

Some of the other shopping centres are nearly as bad...The Mall Bang-Kapi is not great on exits either.

Hmm...going to places that people say are dangerous just so you can say you have been there...yes...years ago my then 17 year old brother-in-law used to do that...

Greer

I bet your 17 yo brother in law gets more p.u.s.s.y. too, I bet you're jealous of him. It's not about sating I've been there it's about fun, I don't kiss and tell, I just kiss

looking for 'dangerous places' in bangkok is an exercise in wankery. yeah it's a city and yeah there's dangerous folk around from time to time, especially if you provoke them, but as cities go it's amongst the safest i've lived in.

I think you are underestimating how dangerous Bangkok actually is overall. It may be generally safer for you and I as foreigners for various reasons. But my understanding is that crime and murder rates are pretty high here.

I think you are right, they just know how to hide it better maybe. But it is not like Mexico City or sao Paolo or something I guess.

Agree with most of the posts...and MBK especially, although these days it is relatively SAFE and NICE in comparison to what it was like when I arrived in BKK...at that time it was like several floors of cramped street stalls...bloody incredible...

Some of the other shopping centres are nearly as bad...The Mall Bang-Kapi is not great on exits either.

Hmm...going to places that people say are dangerous just so you can say you have been there...yes...years ago my then 17 year old brother-in-law used to do that...

Greer

I bet your 17 yo brother in law gets more p.u.s.s.y. too, I bet you're jealous of him. It's not about sating I've been there it's about fun, I don't kiss and tell, I just kiss

looking for 'dangerous places' in bangkok is an exercise in wankery. yeah it's a city and yeah there's dangerous folk around from time to time, especially if you provoke them, but as cities go it's amongst the safest i've lived in.

I think you are underestimating how dangerous Bangkok actually is overall. It may be generally safer for you and I as foreigners for various reasons. But my understanding is that crime and murder rates are pretty high here.

well my understanding is also that crime and murder rates are fairly high, but my impression is that there is relatively little street crime against strangers, farrang or otherwise. maybe i shouldn't browse tabloids considering i don't read thai, but it sure looks like a lot of the murders are either lovers spats or gangster stuff. again this is just an impression--i haven't looked at stats or police reports or anything--but i'd imagine finding danger in bangers is less about 'where' than 'who.'

Greer

well my understanding is also that crime and murder rates are fairly high, but my impression is that there is relatively little street crime against strangers, farrang or otherwise. maybe i shouldn't browse tabloids considering i don't read thai, but it sure looks like a lot of the murders are either lovers spats or gangster stuff. again this is just an impression--i haven't looked at stats or police reports or anything--but i'd imagine finding danger in bangers is less about 'where' than 'who.'

Each city or country would tend to have different crime trends or dynamics based upon who lives there. But I think your impression about street crime being relatively little here isn't accurate

I can recall several crimes involving strangers being murdered in the upper Sukhumvit sois on their way home in the evening, girls being forced off city buses by groups of knife-wielding young men and taken to a house and gang raped, girls abducted at bus stops with the same result, and the perennial shootings on buses of boys because they are wearing the wrong school uniform. Then there was the guy who shot three people in a nightclub because they complained when he sang the same karaoke song three times in a row.

All this stuff made the English-language papers, which barely report any crime news here, so imagine what we're missing in the Thai-language papers.

Bangkok is an awfully big city, and few of us foreigners often move out of a few particular parts of town where the crime levels probably are relatively low.

Then again, several years back I was sitting in the park next to the Emporium on a Sunday afternoon and two groups of young men suddenly all pulled out knives - and some really big knives - and faced off.

Fortunately, no one got stabbed.

And I've met more than a few Thai women who are nervous or downright fearful about going home alone in a taxi at night.

It may not be Karachi, but I'm sure it's not as safe as you are making it out to be.

It may not be Karachi, but I'm sure it's not as safe as you are making it out to be.

i wasn't trying to make it out to be all that safe except insofar as a reasonably large white male can walk just about anywhere at night (including "bad" areas) and expect to return alive with possessions intact. which isn't to say one couldn't have an unlucky day.

for example, lately, there have been a lot of taxis robbed around On Nut and it's difficult to get a cab to go there at night. still, i feel safe enough moving about at night or Wong Wian Yai with all the junkies and glue sniffers. still, one has to be careful wherever, as it's very possible to be in the wrong place at the wrong time in an area that's normally very safe.

That's fine Arwin dear. My God, you mean your country doesn't have native speakers??? How odd. So what do they speak? Double Dutch??? :lol:

geeeezzz .... for an english teacher ur grasp of what ppl r actually saying is very poor ... but i guess that shouldn't come as any surprise !!!

the NO GO was meant to be sarcastic, but truth be told my english might not always be that clear, I'm not a native speaker so it might not always come out right.

Mijn Nederlands is anders prima hoor en ik kan zeggen tegen je wat ik wil zonder dat je er een fluit van begrijpt, je zult je nederlandse vrienden moeten vragen voor een vertaling al denk ik dat iemand als jij niet erg veel vrienden heeft. Het is niet erg duidelijk of je nu weer grappig probeert te zijn door slechts een deel van mijn text te noemen i.p.v. de volledige zin of dat je me probeert te dissen, geen van beiden werkt. Wat je laaste vraag betreft zul je waarschijnlijk diep in de buidel moeten tasten om het ooit mee te maken of nog meer ogenschaduw dragen dan je nu al doet. So .... yes Double Dutch indeed

:lol:

whats that...i know only "ik ben geil" :lol:

That's all you'll ever need :)