EURO 2008

CiaranM

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Podolski and Kose are just target men if they don't get the ball right in their feet or on their head they 're not able to score.

saying Podolski and Klose are "just" target men is a bit like saying Chopin only composed miniatures, and isn't a "real" artist because he never did any symphonies.

remember Ghana in the last world cup? remember those wonderful buildups capped with sad finishing? a team without a mere target man is kind of a sad sight.

also they're not lethal by accident. there's talent, sure. but there's work too. for example Klinsi had Klose kick a ball around his house, turning off light switches with it. probably broke a vase or two, but he is an insanely accurate finisher, so it's worth it...

I think the best team at the end will win!!!! :roll: :roll:

i'm gonna bet that the team that scores the most goals, wins.

Well , I'm thinking of going the other way . Betting on the team that scores less goals will lose !!! ( penalties included )

you know, i hadn't thought of that. it just might work...

I picked Spain - Portugal or Italy as my final. Portugal has the most talented players (Ronaldo, Decco ......) and Italy was a mess.

And I don't really like the German way of playing. Out of 4 or 5 chances in the SF they made 3 goals. I go for Spain, with villas and Torres as strikers and Puyo and Ramos as defender. If they can get the middlefield and disable the Germans to give passes to Podolski and Klose, than it's possible.

Villa and Torres are artist and can force a a chance to score with their dribbling skills and their short passes. Podolski and Kose are just target men if they don't get the ball right in their feet or on their head they 're not able to score.

i'm pretty sure Villa isn't fit for the final .... and on the news Ballack is a doubt for Germany. that's a shame as they r 2 of the biggest names from euro 2008 !!

Podolski and Klose may be "target" men, but most players can't do much with the ball if it's not at their feet or head !!

YEEEHAW!!! They're goign to expand the Eurocup. It looks like there will be 24 teams competing starting from 2016, all european countries agreed. This will be a great development. I don't know they'll order the new number, hopefully they'll expand the groups to 6 instead of 4 teams which would mean each country plays at least 5 times and you won't have to go home after just 3 matches while you've been anticipating the tournament for 2 years. This also means England won't have to miss out again ;) the only rotten dirty shame is that we'll have to wait untill 2016 untill it happens :(

YEEEHAW!!! They're goign to expand the Eurocup....This also means England won't have to miss out again ;)

or does it? i think the only way to guarantee engerland don't miss out is to expand the field by "x teams + england."

or England is host country..

yeah, but imagine how demoralizing it would be for the however many other teams they decide on, if they all have to go to Engerland *every* four years and endure the crap weather and bland, over-boiled food...

Podolski and Kose are just target men if they don't get the ball right in their feet or on their head they 're not able to score.

saying Podolski and Klose are "just" target men is a bit like saying Chopin only composed miniatures, and isn't a "real" artist because he never did any symphonies.

remember Ghana in the last world cup? remember those wonderful buildups capped with sad finishing? a team without a mere target man is kind of a sad sight.

also they're not lethal by accident. there's talent, sure. but there's work too. for example Klinsi had Klose kick a ball around his house, turning off light switches with it. probably broke a vase or two, but he is an insanely accurate finisher, so it's worth it...

I agree with you, Zeussy (only once). It didn't say they aren't great players. They're good scorers ....... but the action before they score and deliver a perfect assist has to be done by others (for instance Ballack, but I read that it's doubtful that he 'll play tonight).

The defence in most teams were a disaster, only the defence of Spain was outstanding during the whole tournament.

Ballack will play tonight..

And as for our forwards - they have often enough shown during the league season that they good at targeting but also do fine dribblings. But the germans are not really that good in super fine technical play. It is merely the team spirit and the sheer will that decides a match.

I agree with those saying that it would be boring if Germany won championship Nr. 4. But on the other hand I havent seen many comments on Brazil after their Penta. Everybody has been cheering with the brazilian team, although it wqould have been much more thrilling if there had been a team equalizing the number of world championship. Nobody around people I know complained about that. The team will try hard tonight and if we will fail, we wont be whining but stand up again and do it better next time.

A sober and unemotional approach to winning or losing does not make germans very much popular in the world (sometimes I regret that I cant do shake my hips to hot samba rhythms) but this attitude helps a lot to get over a possible defeat.

The BBQ is ready, the wine is chilled, the sausages and the steaks will be yummy and so will be the match. Auf gehts Jungs and eviva Espana !

I agree with you, Zeussy (only once).

don't worry i won't ruin your reputation by telling anyone :wink:

It didn't say they aren't great players. They're good scorers ....... but the action before they score and deliver a perfect assist has to be done by others (for instance Ballack, but I read that it's doubtful that he 'll play tonight).

The defence in most teams were a disaster, only the defence of Spain was outstanding during the whole tournament.

ballack's starting. i haven't been that impressed with sapain's defense so far, but they've been better than germany so far i'd agree. and both sides have been able to get some nice, flowing attacks going from time to time, but sapain have been quite a bit prettier on average, IMO. it should be fun, i don't expect these teams to sit back and hope for penalties.

A sober and unemotional approach to winning or losing does not make germans very much popular in the world

sober and unemotional? like Frings? :shock:

(sometimes I regret that I cant do shake my hips to hot samba rhythms) but this attitude helps a lot to get over a possible defeat.

i think the brazilian girls taking their shirts off in new york every time brazil won pretty much won me over. if you want the world to love your german team, get your large-breasted german women to take their shirts off every time you win.

sapain don't seem to have any forwards or middies who are confident taking a left-footed shot. anyone know if they've got any good lefties who were injured or not called up?

they'd have had more shots on goal if there were strong left-footers up front, they seem to be finding a lot of openings down the left side/left center.

ten good minutes are not enough - Spain is dominant, they are better and they have deserved the lead.

Nevertheless I am pretty sure that we are able to turn the match..we dont need penalty presents but it was a clear penalty for Germany not given by the referee.

German defenders as usual cant compete with quick forwarders and have to show way more than 100 % in the second half. The very moment we will score the draw, Spain will give up..