The Marathon Club

luckyphil247

I know there's a few keen runners on TF , and maybe some have completed a Marathon . Might be a good way to exchange some good advice with other TF members .

Personally , I'm not the fittest guy around . I enjoy running , but unfortunately don't do it often enough . Running in a marathon this year is out of the question , but its something I want to do ( at least once ) .

So the plan is to run next year in either the Melbourne marathon ( Oct09 ) or the Bangkok marathon ( Nov09 ) OR both !!!

Plenty of time to prepare , but I was thinking it would be a good idea to maybe form a club , right here on this thread . For anyone who has ever wanted to run in a marathon and those who have done it before , lets join forces and do the BKK '09 marathon together in spirit ( or any other marathon )

By that , I mean sharing ones training , preparation , heartache , disappointment , goals , achievements etc etc etc .

i dont hink i can join you for a marathon(way too long :lol: )but i was thinking about joining the semi marathon of bkk this year.I will probably near 3 hours to do that,but that will be my first and that is something i really want to try and enjoy if i can.

Most I have ever run , was the Melbourne half-marathon in '05 .

Took me a very long 2hrs and 15mins to finish . My legs were hurting so bad the last 3-5 k's . I'd be happy to finish in under 2 hrs , but haven't run anything longer than 12km since that time .

Ran 11.6km in one hour last Friday , felt good ( but then drank a lot of beer with Wallace afterwards !!! )

Hadn't run for over 2 weeks prior to that , struggle to find the time , but will try to run at least once a week ,

Might do the Nike Run on Aug 31 , anyone else ???

What s the distance and where s it?

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Anyone interested to join the upcoming 12th Amari Watergate Hotel & BMW Thailand Midnight Run? Its a mini-marathon 12km and 6km fun run/walk. I will start my training in a few days coz I still got a month for this event :lol:

And if anyone here is aiming for the full marathon"'Bangkok Marathon 2009" on November it will be a good start. But I seriously doubt I could make it... 42km harhar... :shock:

Been checking the site and they only have 4 divisions:

*Full Marathon

*Quarter Marathon 10.550 Km. Run

*5 km. Fun Run for Health

*2.5 km. Walk for Health

I've done the quarter/mini marathon and it was really one of my achievements! My next goal would be half marathon I would not jump to the full marathon yet coz I know my body's capability and this will take a lot of time for consistent training.

Anyone interested to join the upcoming 12th Amari Watergate Hotel & BMW Thailand Midnight Run? Its a mini-marathon 12km and 6km fun run/walk. I will start my training in a few days coz I still got a month for this event :lol:

And if anyone here is aiming for the full marathon"'Bangkok Marathon 2009" on November it will be a good start. But I seriously doubt I could make it... 42km harhar... :shock:

Been checking the site and they only have 4 divisions:

*Full Marathon

*Quarter Marathon 10.550 Km. Run

*5 km. Fun Run for Health

*2.5 km. Walk for Health

I've done the quarter/mini marathon and it was really one of my achievements! My next goal would be half marathon I would not jump to the full marathon yet coz I know my body's capability and this will take a lot of time for consistent training.

The 5 km could be a nice distance for a TF event.I think you should post an event,and see how it goes :wink: .