Atheists have their say

Treborz

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but the existence of God CAN be proved...

Now that comment has to spark a debate :wink:

it shouldn't, unless you take out the "at least in principle" part.

wait--

or if you take out the 'all you'd need is the right, verifiable, sharable, evidence.' part...

Damn - he beat us to it...

:lol:

Start the debate :lol:

In the words of George Carlin:

Religion has actually convinced people that there?s an invisible man ? living in the sky ? who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever ?til the end of time!

But He loves you.?

many years ago i walked away from all religion for one basic reason 'Guilt'.

To me, the whole concept of guilt and the manipulative and destructive ways that it is used by all religions on the followers is the core of the problem.

I was born with free choice as a human, as we all are, and I treasure than more than anything. More than any 'God'

Religion has actually convinced people that there?s an invisible man ? living in the sky ? who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever ?til the end of time!

But He loves you.?

Just watched that again a couple of weeks ago. He then cuts the 10 commandments down to the 2 commandments:

"Thou shalt always be honest and faithful to the provider of thy nookie.

&

Thou shalt try real hard not to kill anyone, unless of course they pray to a different invisible man than you."

many years ago i walked away from all religion for one basic reason 'Guilt'.

To me, the whole concept of guilt and the manipulative and destructive ways that it is used by all religions on the followers is the core of the problem.

I was born with free choice as a human, as we all are, and I treasure than more than anything. More than any 'God'

Good point, although I can't decide if that tops the list, or all the killing that has been done in the name of "my superstition is better than yours".

But He loves you.?

that's not God that's a Thai girlfriend :shock:

The bus advertising campaign is catching on. :thumbleft:

It's hilarious to read how those poor Christians now feel all victimised (lobotomised sure enough but...) by 'constant' atheist attacks...poor souls...*sniff, sniff*.

Some however now stand up for their right to be brainwashed and refuse to drive those buses or get onto them as passengers. :roll:

:bounce:

If I said a Christian would say there is a God - would you debate that? I don't know too many Christians/Jews/Muslims who say 'there probably si a God'.

actually most christians i know would say they "believe there is a god !!!" .... just as most atheists would say they "believe there is no god !!!" ... now which f**king part of that r u still too dumb to understand !!!

If I said a Christian would say there is a God - would you debate that? I don't know too many Christians/Jews/Muslims who say 'there probably si a God'.

actually most christians i know would say they "believe there is a god !!!" .... just as most atheists would say they "believe there is no god !!!" ... now which f**king part of that r u still too dumb to understand !!!

Just as dumb as you are I guess. Seems you can't understand the difference between there is a god and there probably is a god. or there is no god and there probably is no god so f*ck off

Just as dumb as you are I guess. Seems you can't understand the difference between there is a god and there probably is a god. or there is no god and there probably is no god so f*ck off

actually i quite easily tell the difference between there is (or isn't) and there probably is (or probably isn't) .... for some strange reason u seem to be hung up on what U think atheists should believe and say !!

now obviously ur understanding of what ppl write might not be all that it should be .... but which part of "i do not believe there is a god" do u not understand ???

and atheists who say "there probably is no god" r just being realists ... something which again u may struggle to comprehend !!

is it me, god or atheists u r telling to f**k off ??? :D:D:D:D

That's not very nice...are we getting a bit cranky after Saint Patrick's Day?

:shock:

i thought i've been very nice .... so far !!!!

although it's bad enough god botherers telling us that we should believe in god ... now they r f**king telling us what we should say, think and believe if we r to be considered true atheists !!!

although it's bad enough god botherers telling us that we should believe in god ... now they r f**king telling us what we should say, think and believe if we r to be considered true atheists !!!

Well thanks for putting me at the god level. You have any water I could change to wine?r I could use a drink :wink:

BTW - I have never told you what you should say, think, or believe. I have said what I know atheist to say. Note the difference :roll:

Well thanks for putting me at the god level. You have any water I could change to wine?r I could use a drink :wink:

BTW - I have never told you what you should say, think, or believe. I have said what I know atheist to say. Note the difference :roll:

u really do have a problem with understanding what ppl write don't u !!! i don't put anybody at the god level ... whether other ppl choose to or not is up to them !!!

now i do believe u have said what "true atheists" should say regarding the probability of there being a god !!! so now U r deciding what defines a "true atheist" .... i'm sure they will all be very grateful to U !!

u really do have a problem with understanding what ppl write don't u !!! i don't put anybody at the god level ... whether other ppl choose to or not is up to them !!!

now i do believe u have said what "true atheists" should say regarding the probability of there being a god !!! so now U r deciding what defines a "true atheist" .... i'm sure they will all be very grateful to U !!

I read perfectly what you wrote. And BTW I haven't siad anything about a "true atheist" You're the one who continues to use those words. Feeling guilty or something?

On the other hand, you seem to be extremely anti-Catholic. Something happen in your past? You weren't Catholic before and have an incident with a priest did you :roll: Former alterboy maybe?