physical fight

hbkbkk

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in college. I was aty a party, and my brother, who was drunk, and maybe angry at me for something, jumped on my back and put his arm around my neck to strangle me. I am not sure if it was playful or not, but I instinctively bent forward causing him to flip over me and land in front of me on his back. He was obviously a little hurt and angry about it, so he laid on his back and kicked at me with his feet. I grabbed his feet and swung his whole body off the ground in a circle. (I was a big guy, and he was very thin) I was just trying to get him dizzy, but acidentally allowed his head to hit a big plastic garbage can nearbye. It broke his tooth, and he laid there stunned. I felt awful because he had to have a dentist repair it. I felt really stupid, so I never fought with him or anyone else again.

Late 80s. I think '88.

I was in Baumholder waiting for some friends outside of a bar. 8 black guys jumped me. One of them hit me with a brick.

All I recall is someone yelling for me to look out. I turned to see and BOOM! Brick across the mouth. Knocked me out cold for a sec or two. AFter that, I remember bits and pieces of fighting. One time, I'm getting hit. Next thing, I'm hitting someone.

Afterward, I remember kind of coming to...

I'm standing there laughing. Talking to a girl who is cleaning my lip with a washcloth and water.

We were laughing about the fight. We were all drunk of course. With the alcohol and the adrenaline, I was feeling no pain.

They MPs showed up and took me to the hospital where I was rewarded with 30 something stitches.

I must have rolled with the punch and the brick. Otherwise, I"m sure it would have broken my jaw. I was not to long out of basic training. At that time, they tought basic hand to hand combat to us. I reckon that training came in handy a few times in the Cold War era in Germany. Seems like we were always getting into fights back then.

The only souvineer that I have from that fight are light scars around and on my lips. If I go to the dentist, I have to warn the Doc. If he touches the scar, I'll jump as it super sensitive. Not as in pain, but a light touch will make me jump out of the chair, if I'm not paying attention.

I had a pretty Dentist in Bangkok cleaning my teeth a couple of years back, her coat sleeve rubbed my lip on that spot and I jumped and scared the hell out of her. I started laughing and explained it all to her. She thought it was pretty funny once she realized that I wasn't insane. lol

the last time that I got into a fight in Germany, I didn't finish.

I was in a circle of friends that included a couple of Mortar platoon dudes. Infantry. Hard core group of guys. Most went on to Ranger school. I'm sure a few went on beyond that. One of the guys who hung with us was a 'roid freak. He was huge. He had recently went back on the juice and had taken to jumpng on the table and doing his best Hulk Hogan imitation when he was drunk. He'd lterally jump up on a table or the bar and start roaring and rip his shirt off from time to time. Freakin' hilarous.

This night happened to be my farewell blast. We all went down to "our bar." We were sitting around drinking and having a good loud time. I got up and was pretty drunk. Went to the pisser.

On the way back, I bumped into an MP. Now we all hated MPs back in the day. They were usually pricks. I've met a few nice MPs in my days in the Army. But many were hugely arrogant and dickheaded.

So I bumped into him. It was an accident. I said "excuse me." And kept walking.

Dude was drunk and didn't think I was polite enough. So he hit me in the back and told me to "**** off."

I whirled around and probably would have swung.

But before I could react at all, my 'roid comrade in arms rushed past me. Picked the dude up by the neck and started screaming at the top of his lungs;

"DON'T **** WITH MY FRIEND! HE'S GETTING ON THE BIRD TOMORROW! DON"T **** WITH MY FRIEND! I'LL ******* KILL YOU!"

I swear the MP was off the ground. Feet dangling. Turning as red and blue and purple and looking like his head was about to explode.

His friends just stood there. The bar just kind of froze.

Finally, someone with a clear head grabbed my buddy. Got him to let loose of the dude.

MP Dude dropped to the ground and we all vacated the bar as fast as we could.

It was one of the most f**ked up and hilarious scenes ever.

Experiences of the average Cold War GI.

We were some crazy fucks.

I've been hit on the head with a beer bottle before. It didn't break. Although, my head did. And it hurt. LIKE HELL!

"DON'T f*ck WITH MY FRIEND! HE'S GETTING ON THE BIRD TOMORROW! DON"T f*ck WITH MY FRIEND! I'LL f*cking KILL YOU!"

I've been hit on the head with a beer bottle before. It didn't break. Although, my head did. And it hurt. LIKE HELL!

such a Hardcore life. **drool**

A quote:

Appearing better than others is always dangerous, but most dangerous of all is to appear to have no fault or weaknesses .

I don't know if that is addressed towards me or not. As it stands, I've never been in danger of appearing better than anyone else. More than anything, I usually seem the barbarian to most folks.

Nah, not referring to you. As for getting cracked upside the head with a bottle, been there, hurts like a motherfucker!. No stitches, but a looooot of swelling.

Personally, were I given the choice, I'd take the bottle over the brick. The bottle left a knot. The brick damn near caused me to have dental surgery and took weeks to heal and 30 odd stitches.

Now, two by fours. Thems be another story altogether. lol

thats not a fight thats homicide

Personally, were I given the choice, I'd take the bottle over the brick. The bottle left a knot. The brick damn near caused me to have dental surgery and took weeks to heal and 30 odd stitches.

sounds more like suicide to me. walking away would be a better option.

One is not always given a choice.

Sounds like you've done a good job of staying out of trouble. Once you've experienced a real fight its good incentive to avoid future ones.

if i'd been hit by a bottle, a brick and a two by four .... i'd be seriously questioning by lifestyle !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

or my intelliegence !!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sounds like you've done a good job of staying out of trouble. Once you've experienced a real fight its good incentive to avoid future ones.

you'd think, but, in youth it seemed an addiction. violence is at least as addictive as cigarettes. adrenaline rushes and the excitement of the battle...can be quite intoxicating.

ciaran_m, I get the feeling that your mouth doesn't run as freely as your fingers. Else you'd have at least the experience of a fist to the mouth.

i'm sure most of us here have been in a scrap or 2 in our lives .... but the point i was making (which obviously sailed about 10 foot over ur head) is ....

if i'd been bashed on the head with a bottle, had a brick in the mouth requiring 30 stitches, been attacked with a four by two then i'd be asking myself some serious questions about the kind of lifestyle i was leading, what kind of ppl i was hanging out with and kind of person i was !!!

although i'd like to think having experienced just one of those rather than all three i'd have caught myself on !!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

that said, the fascination and addiction to adrenaline wears at a certain age. I suppose it comes to men at varying ages. I know guys back in the States who will fight still. Their ire raised at the slightest offense. I never got that. I was rarely angry in a fight but usually well into a night of hard and raucous drinking.

As I said, the life of a GI. Always exciting. I think a lot of it had to do with being fed the "Russkies are coming" propoganda so often. We expected to die at any moment in those days. We really thought they were coming.

My unit was tasked to fall on behind the 11th Cav at Fulda. Life expectancy once hostilities commenced: 30 minutes.

Suicides occurred often enough that it seemed not uncommon. 5.56 to the head while on guard duty.

The Cold War in full rage. Reagan constantly pushing the Soviets.

Death felt imminent.

What's a bruise today when you might be dead tomorrow.

that said, the fascination and addiction to adrenaline wears at a certain age. I suppose it comes to men at varying ages. I know guys back in the States who will fight still. Their ire raised at the slightest offense. I never got that. I was rarely angry in a fight but usually well into a night of hard and raucous drinking.

As I said, the life of a GI. Always exciting. I think a lot of it had to do with being fed the "Russkies are coming" propoganda so often. We expected to die at any moment in those days. We really thought they were coming.

My unit was tasked to fall on behind the 11th Cav at Fulda. Life expectancy once hostilities commenced: 30 minutes.

Suicides occurred often enough that it seemed not uncommon. 5.56 to the head while on guard duty.

The Cold War in full rage. Reagan constantly pushing the Soviets.

Death felt imminent.

What's a bruise today when you might be dead tomorrow.

Kau jai khap.......

But your back in the real world now !!!!!

So no need to get hit with all those objects !!!!!

Have another beer...everything will be alright :)

ciaran_m, I get the feeling that your mouth doesn't run as freely as your fingers. Else you'd have at least the experience of a fist to the mouth.

i'm sure most of us here have been in a scrap or 2 in our lives .... but the point i was making (which obviously sailed about 10 foot over ur head) is ....

if i'd been bashed on the head with a bottle, had a brick in the mouth requiring 30 stitches, been attacked with a four by two then i'd be asking myself some serious questions about the kind of lifestyle i was leading, what kind of ppl i was hanging out with and kind of person i was !!!

although i'd like to think having experienced just one of those rather than all three i'd have caught myself on !!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

agree with that. Even without violence, if someone is even getting into arguments or pissing people off on a regular basis, one would have to question what's up with the guy and his life choices.

Fight for what?

I caught your point. You give yourself too much credit.

The point you seemed to have missed is that the events to which I speak in the posts above occurred over a decade ago. No questions necessary. We enjoyed our lives in those days and worried about consequences later.

I'm not so sure that "we've all been in a scrap or two in our lives." I stand by my previous assertion.

What I can't understand is your ever present need to judge and to be on the offensive. Nor do I understand your constant need to offend and attack. What void in you needs filled that you so often resort to these cyber-attacks in order to grab attention.

Fight for what?

For the hell of it.

Because you're pissed at your unit.

Because you just spent 120 days in the field.

Because you're bored.

Be creative.

To defend one's self, one's friends or one's love.

There are many excuses to fight. There are few real reasons.

In the instance that I mentioned above. The Brick incident. I was jumped by 8 black guys because I was white. I was the 3rd of 4 intended victims that night. They just didn't see my friends around the corner. I'd never seen those guys before that night. My only offense was being white and their perception that I was alone and therefore vulnerable. What would you guys have done? Attempted to talk to them. lol That would have went over as well as the brick scraping across my face.

You guys must live in some utopia where violence never occurs. I've not seen this place.

Sometimes a fight is necessary.

Other times, not so.

I often get the feeling that I'm surrounded by glass houses in these forums.