?Profile greeting contest?

pandorea

Dear Members,

Each month we shall have ?Profile greeting contest?. The rule is very simple you vote for profile greeting you like most. The winner will be announced as ?the best profile greeting of the month? on the forum.

The first month, all profile greetings will be selected by the mods-team and Admin.

The socalled ?prize?

The winner of each month will get to select 2 profile greetings. The winner should send the selected profile greetings to me.

The first contest is in May. Voting will start on May8, 2009 and it will last for 2 weeks. Announce the winner on May 24, 2009.

Get your profile greeting ready, my ladies and gents

I'm just glad that no-one understand mine!!!

Hate to be a killjoy, but this is possibly the silliest idea ever touted on the site.

What next?

Who is the tallest person on TF??

Who has the most interesting hobbies??

Who can draw the best crayon picture?

sheesh.

Who has shagged the most TF members?

Hate to be a killjoy, but this is possibly the silliest idea ever touted on the site.

What next?

sheesh.

When u get the Hungarian citizenship? And way u still in frozen Glasgow ?

What next?

sheesh.

When u get the Hungarian citizenship? And way u still in frozen Glasgow ?

On secondment based in Pest, carrying out research into the drug habits of puzstas inhabitants...

Dear Members,

Each month we shall have ?Profile greeting contest?. The rule is very simple you vote for profile greeting you like most. The winner will be announced as ?the best profile greeting of the month? on the forum.

The first month, all profile greetings will be selected by the mods-team and Admin.

The socalled ?prize?

The winner of each month will get to select 2 profile greetings.

Sorry but this confuses me (but then so does the coupon system at MBK foodcourt).

Is it getting very quiet on TF? Is this a drive to encourage people to update their profile greeting or ensure they have one? And people so motivated by the comp can of course change their greeting numerous times in that 2 week period so comparability is a bit moot.

Admin and the mods are going to go through a potential 55 thousand profile greetings to find the best one. That is about 10K each so good luck with that dear friends - any mod regretting that they signed up now?

I am not the smartest cookie here so I don't really get the prize? The winner can select 2 profile greetings on any member they chose? Now , that would be interesting and worthwhile! :)

I think the knitting comp has more legs.....

Dear Members,

The socalled ?prize?

Sorry but this confuses me (but then so does the coupon system at MBK foodcourt).

Is it getting very quiet on TF? Is this a drive to encourage people to update their profile greeting or ensure they have one? And people so motivated by the comp can of course change their greeting numerous times in that 2 week period so comparability is a bit moot.

Admin and the mods are going to go through a potential 55 thousand profile greetings to find the best one. That is about 10K each so good luck with that dear friends - any mod regretting that they signed up now?

I am not the smartest cookie here so I don't really get the prize? The winner can select 2 profile greetings on any member they chose? Now , that would be interesting and worthwhile! :)

You think too much, how about sit back and enjoy the show or even ignore it.

I didn?t say that the mods-team and Admin are gonna choose the best ones. Basically we will just choose the ones we like most. Most mods and Admin go through many profiles everyday so choosing profiles greetings we like isn?t a big problem.

Sorry if the contest annoys some of you. My intension was very simple, just for fun but if you feel the contest is too much for you to handle or too boring, so please feel free look somewhere else, pain and simply.

and sorry again for not making it clear about the prize, in fact we don't have any prize. The winner of May will choose 2 profile greetings for the next contest, that means for the June competition. Don't fell off your chair just yet, yes, we (at least Admin and me) plan to run the contest every month, how about that! :D

What next?

sheesh.

This is more interesting !!!!! :lol: anyone? :twisted:

What next?

sheesh.

I think yellow cards may be given out if we start guessing...

(especially if we are right...)

What next?

sheesh.

Sure thing!

but why would anyone want to know who shagged who or who has shagged the most TFers? Since when it's become anyone's business?

What next?

sheesh.

Sure thing!

but why would anyone want to know who shagged who or who has shagged the most TFers? Since when it's become anyone's business?

Perhaps because 95.36% of all TF members are inquisitive gossipmongers?

Dear Members,

The socalled ?prize?

Ok Nicky fair enough, it is your pet. I'll get with the program and not express a view or a query.

(Putting on the dunces hat now and I'll be quietly sitting in the corner trying not to interrupt the class.) :)

Dear Members,

The socalled ?prize?

Ok Nicky fair enough, it is your pet. I'll get with the program and not express a view or a query.

(Putting on the dunces hat now and I'll be quietly sitting in the corner trying not to interrupt the class.) :)

Woah nelly...being a party pooper doesn't sound very LakeGenevish! It's just a simple contest that should prove to be fun.

People update their profiles all the time...trust me, we see a lot of em. This was just a nice idea that Nicky brought up to show off some of the more entertaining ones.

Dear Members,

The socalled ?prize?

Woah nelly...being a party pooper doesn't sound very LakeGenevish! It's just a simple contest that should prove to be fun.

People update their profiles all the time...trust me, we see a lot of em. This was just a nice idea that Nicky brought up to show off some of the more entertaining ones.

Hey Rob, no one has called me Nellie since that infamous crossing dressing, fantasy party in Thong Lor in 95! :lol:

The pooper may cut both ways and put any sensitivity down to Earth Day (I misunderstood the shower advice for today on the other thread, I tried to do more than pee :shock: ).

However, there was some genuine and self depreciating attempt to clarify some aspects of this which could have been responded to with perhaps more openness by a mod who normally posses infinite grace and charm - we do all have our bad hair days.

You may both wish to consider some clearer info/guidlines and make it understood that your only considering those new or updates submitted in that month (if I understand you correctly).

An Eg. - TF Profile Greeting Comp;

1) For any new member profiles or updated profiles submitted within the voting period (ie. we are not talking thousands of profiles),

2) Members can only update their profile once in the voting period (otherwise some may update 3-4 times and it will get confusing),

3) Selection will be subjectively based on originality of prose, artistic creativity, cross cultural suitability and humour. Judging will also be in ref to the members default picture.

4) The ability of your profile greeting to promote increased shagging amongst TF members resulting in romantic relationshsips will win you extra merit. Any profile greeting resulting in marriage within the month automatically wins. :lol: