International ''swine flu'' emergency

Count_Jason

well I need the TV to keep me informed aot whats

going on around the world - No real newspapers in Greenland

unless U will pay 6 - 10 us$ pr issue.

TF ins't enough :lol:

No need to pay that money when you have the internet. Just go to an online news source (like TF, haha) and click til ya can't click no more.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every year the same. Last year we had the bird flu, arriving at Frankfurt-Airport we allmost had to be naked for control-purposes, if i have a dead bird in my baggage.

6 weeks later nothing more you have heard about the bird influenca.

I bet the same will happen with this pig influenca.

I think journalists allways must have sensations, they are paid for every bloody word they write and print.

I'm confused. I know people in Mexico have died but i am hearing that in the US its been a mild flu and heard interview with woman who survived. Is it a you get it you die disease or not ?

No, the chance of dying from swine flu - normally - is less than 10%.

The danger is if it mutates; successive waves would become bigger and deadlier. You could end up looking at a 30% mortality rate in a worst-case scenario.

That doesn't sound *too* shocking ..... until you consider that Spanish flu (which killed 50 million worldwide) had a mortality rate of maybe 2-3%.

god this is wild and insane how its being fear drivin into the world it looks like

more ppl die daily from the common flu

and right now more ppl on this planet have a headache, are taking shits, are picking their nose etc.

this is a horrible matter for those who come across and i wish them the best

but wow

come one with the driving it all over the news and in ppls face! jeesh!

28 days later :shock:

Do any remember when we had the break out of SARS and Bird-flu ?

I remember.

I also remember SARS as I had to fly to HK for 2 days at the time and there was only 6 people on the flight. It was a bizarre time to be in my old home city.

If you remember, SARS started slowly and then spread very quickly causing just under 800 deaths in 6/7 months in mainly 6 countries. It worried the **** out of people in HK given how easily it spread in a few apartment blocks, hotels and how many health workers contracted it. It caused severe disruptiuon to the city states of HK & Singpore, not to mention China. Thailand suffered a drop in visitor numbers as well and had a small number of cases.

Which is why having just come home form a movie and just watched the news, that the first confirmed case of H1N1 in HK is being treated so seriously. The hotel in Wan Chai on HK island is being quarantined with all 300 people in it for one week! Bad luck for some but better to be safe than sorry.

Bird-flu (H1N5?) has killed about 200 (?) odd in the last 3-4 years and had a huge impact on the poultry industry and poultry farmers in half a dozen asian countries (esp. Vietnam & Indo). It has not, thankfully, been the pandemic that some scientists predicted it caused but it seems that the mutation potential remains in the future.

god this is wild and insane how its being fear drivin into the world it looks like more ppl die daily from the common flu

It is a good reminder that more die from the common flu on a day to day basis (and many more than that from malaria, dystentry, measles etc).

I understood the point being that because H1N1/swine flu is a 'new' flu strain which has shown some mutation and that a vaccine is at least 6 months away. It could do some damage in that time, as SARS did.

Seems better that those informed health professionals overeact a little in disseminating a prudent, sober and professional response (as WHO has been doing) having regard to the POTENTIAL spread of the virus, than wait and have extra patients who could have avoided exposure.

Most govts are advising people not to panic but to be prudent. Borders are not being closed and only a few countries have stopped flights to/from Mexico. I also don't see the need to worry but it is a moot point as we have no confirmed case yet in Thailand. Even if a few cases are eventually confirmed where you live the chances of contraction are remote - still more chance of slipping in the shower while your peeing!

However, I imagine most would be concerned if they visited an establishment (cinema, bar, shopping center) and a day or 2 later a person with H1N1 was later confirmed to have visted the same day?

Interesting photo of Snake with hypodermic needle fangs. Makes me think of the Pharmacy Industry who kills more people a year with its new designer drugs then we are made aware. Estimated 200,000 in 2008. maybe we should have a pharmaceutical pandemic alert.

Not ten years ago, most people when asked, when we would see the first Black President of the United States, gave the typical answer "when pigs fly."

Sure enough, 100 days after Obama is elected, Swine Flu.

A man goes into a travel agents and asks for a return flight to Mexico.

The woman says, "F*ck off, You'll bring it back."

Doctors say that the best way to avoid swine flu is to stop shaking hands.

Michael J Fox must be sh*tting himself.

swine flu reaches Australia: Australians unsure how to deal with something they can't f*ck, drink, deport or barbecue

swine flu - Clearly created to get people to shut the f*ck up about the recession.

So, the first cases of confirmed swine flu in the UK have been recorded in Scotland.

No bad thing - at least Susan Boyle might start wearing a mask.

Strange thing this Swine Flue one minute they have vaccine next it's a different strain of flu.

Every year that I know of they have a flue and it changes its structure so whats different?

I work in the main hospital in Brisbane and theirs no panic here although staff have been told not to come to work if feeling sick with a common cold or flu.

Taxi drivers are now being ordered to wear face masks, and tens of thousands of face masks will be handed out to tourists as well.

How will we see those friendly smiles at the airport?!

And Iain...those jokes were offensive and hilarious...best combination there is!

<------Pooh thought to himself, if the pig fuckin sneezes hes dead!

next flu wll be dog flu, then horse, then snake, then right down the chinese zodiac.... its stops on dragon

then it will become Fox flu, Cnn flu, and on to panic headaches and obese tv watching stomach aches

until

u all have gona herpa siphil Aids

im serious its all over the news, the terror love is brown now, cause i just sharted so everyone should probably panic

Following on from fears over the swine flu virus it has been revealed that Britain will not be affected!!

Apparently the Goverment will not be letting it in in case it will offend Muslims!!

P.S. I have muslim friends so don't jump on me for this.