Must-See-Places/Attractions in Thailand.

toma

Question

(in no particular order - just my 3 favourites_

Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep - Chiang Mai. Amazing Wat, fantastic views over Chiang Mai. Avoid on Thai public holidays and Buddhist holy days as it gets very, very busy. Also avoid lovely but irritating guide called Jan who said 'Oh really' around 3 times per minute.

Than Bokkerani - National Park North of Krabi. If you can visit just after the rains as the waterfalls and pools are at their best then. (search for this on Google and a TF entry comes up in 5th lol) . It doesn't seem to get mentioned that much inWestern orientated travel literature, and it was a small Lonely Planet entry that caught my eye, desribing Than Bokk as a 'natural Disneyland'. Absolutely stunning.

Sukothai - Certainly my favourite historical site. A great park and lots of old Wats and statues to see. We got a place a few miles away (Phichai?) and hired bikes for the day. Make sure you put rubbish in a bin as a lot of idiots dont!!

:D

Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep - Chiang Mai. Amazing Wat, fantastic views over Chiang Mai. Avoid on Thai public holidays and Buddhist holy days as it gets very, very busy. Also avoid lovely but irritating guide called Jan who said 'Oh really' around 3 times per minute.

noted!

1. Koh Tao -- Peaceful, relaxing, earth friendly, beautiful. I've never been so relaxed in my life.

2. Sukhothai -- Historical civilization. Awe inspiring ruins. Excellent Buddhist statues and cultural study. Great place to roll around on a bike and take in the sights. People were friendly. It was a laid back joint. There is even a bit of Khmer architecture there supposedly dating back to Jayavarman VII. Loved the place. Just be careful about being out on those bikes after nightfall. You'll be eating bugs the whole way. lol Make sure you hit Satchanalai National Park ? old Sukhothai as well.

3. If you like to party and take a few drinks in, ya have to hit Sukhumvit Soi 11. Party all night with your friends then grab a bit of Isarn food from the Street vendors to ward off the hang over.

Excellent topic Deutschelander.

ok, that pic was way too big....lol

p1011972.jpg

david-at-sukhothai.jpg

you guys go get a room :lol:

we can't...you're already in it with all your drinks!!!

:lol:

come on.. im a good girl, i will share you guys (some) of my drinks.. come on in ..

:wink:

Kus, if you can't contribute to the actual topic of the thread, please just stick to sipping your martini/cocktail/vodka (delete as appropriate)

you guys go get a room :lol:

we can't...you're already in it with all your drinks!!!

:lol:

come on.. im a good girl, i will share you guys (some) of my drinks.. come on in ..

Kus, if you can't contribute to the actual topic of the thread, please just stick to sipping your martini/cocktail/vodka (delete as appropriate)

okay ja..

told ya.. im good girl

:)

1) Off West Railay beach in Krabi is a natural lagoon called the Princess Cave (or something similar). To reach it, you must trek for about an hour through thick jungle, using vines and ropes to first climb the steep hill and then slither down the mud on the other side.

Once inside you will be surrounded on all sides by a towering 300 foot cliff completely enveloped in lianas and other tropical plants.

It's like a giant pulled a plug out of the earth and you have somehow slithered into the hole it left.

1295189037_76701672a5.jpg?v=0

2) About 30 minutes' drive from Hat Yai is a waterfall called Ton Nga Chang - Elephant's Tusk waterfall. So named for the twin cascades that tumble down the cliff and join together in a perfect bathing pool.

During the hot season, it never gets too busy, you're lucky if you see 50 people the whole day.

songckla9.jpg

3) When in Patong, Phuket, check out the newest, most incredible nightclub on the island - Sound Phuket at Jungceylon. The design is amazing - a cross between a spaceship and the human ear. The interior is unforgettable, cocktails are superb and the sound system is one of the best in SE Asia.

www.soundphuket.com It's a different vibe than the freelance hooker joints on Bangla Road, but the prices are about the same - but without an entry fee!

3.jpg

2.jpg

1) Off West Railay beach in Krabi is a natural lagoon called the Princess Cave (or something similar). To reach it, you must trek for about an hour through thick jungle, using vines and ropes to first climb the steep hill and then slither down the mud on the other side.

Once inside you will be surrounded on all sides by a towering 300 foot cliff completely enveloped in lianas and other tropical plants.

It's like a giant pulled a plug out of the earth and you have somehow slithered into the hole it left.

1295189037_76701672a5.jpg?v=0

2) About 30 minutes' drive from Hat Yai is a waterfall called Ton Nga Chang - Elephant's Tusk waterfall. So named for the twin cascades that tumble down the cliff and join together in a perfect bathing pool.

During the hot season, it never gets too busy, you're lucky if you see 50 people the whole day.

songckla9.jpg

3) When in Patong, Phuket, check out the newest, most incredible nightclub on the island - Sound Phuket at Jungceylon. The design is amazing - a cross between a spaceship and the human ear. The interior is unforgettable, cocktails are superb and the sound system is one of the best in SE Asia.

www.soundphuket.com It's a different vibe than the freelance hooker joints on Bangla Road, but the prices are about the same - but without an entry fee!

3.jpg

2.jpg

looks like an cool joint to hang out...

OK I admit it....

...I'm a tour operator for Ton Nga Chang.

Although I stand by every word I wrote... it's all true.... and I got special dispensation from Admin for a bit of spamming(!)

And also.... that's the first time in 7 months!

what did you bribe Rob with?

:twisted:

A journal will cost ya two bottles of black ;)

The place does look amazing...but I heard even the manager of the place got swine flu!

:shock:

n669736330_1402034_2867.jpg

Place 2

To be honest, I dont really like the design of this temple, it looks like Santa Clause lives inside of it.

To each his own. The amount of detail in the architecture is astounding. The murals inside are incredible and the landscape is breathtaking.

If I was santa I'd be psyched to live there.

;)

To be honest, I dont really like the design of this temple, it looks like Santa Clause lives inside of it.

To each his own. The amount of detail in the architecture is astounding. The murals inside are incredible and the landscape is breathtaking.

;)

Art is subjective and means something different to everybody. While serves its function as a temple, 'Wat Rong-Khun" in Chiang Rai, however, was designed, reinterpreted, illustrated as art form by Chalermchai Kositpipat, one of the best Thai artist, painter and sculptor, of his imaginary temple resides in heaven would be all in white color projected the purity of lord Buddha. (cost about 180 mil baht in the making)

7153.jpg

Oh btw, good morning sunday :)

;)

Art is subjective and means something different to everybody. While serves its function as a temple, 'Wat Rong-Khun" in Chiang Rai, however, was designed, reinterpreted, illustrated as art form by Chalermchai Kositpipat, one of the best Thai artist, painter and sculptor, of his imaginary temple resides in heaven would be all in white color projected the purity of lord Buddha. (cost about 180 mil baht in the making)

7153.jpg

Oh btw, good morning sunday :)

Good morning,

excellent post yet informative, thnks