CiaranM

9780099464464.jpgtime-travelers-wife-export-edition.jpg

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

Paperback: 560 pages (approx)

Publisher: Mariner Books; Reprint edition

Language: English

ISBN-10: 015602943X

ISBN-13: 978-0156029438

We can switch it around each month, fiction, non-fiction, romance, bestsellers, biographies, asian literature, travel books, classics.. etc etc.

All new participants welcome on the next event :)

I read that book already :thumbleft:

well read it again then !!!! that's what i'm doing !!!!

I read it twice already! but maybe when I finish reading "Dear Prince Charming", i will read Time Traveler's Wife again ^_^

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I'll wait a bit until you guys are sure you want to do something like that. He is a very open and friendly man, though a bit eccentric at times (aren't all music/art geniuses that way?).

I think he would be open to doing something like this, but I'll check with him if and when you guys are sure.

well book selected last night was the time travellers wife - audrey niffeneger ... Tonia's selection and i wasn't going to argue with her !! :roll:

as for meeting SP. Somtow sounds like a great idea for the 2nd or 3rd meeting .... either before or after we read the book !! what do others think !!

btw .... thanks to Jim, Jens, Neung, Tonia and Dtan for coming along last night .... was a good 1st meeting and made a pleasant change !! now get reading !!!!!!!!!!

Was the book selected before or after you did your private dance for Tonia? Is the selection a metaphor for something?

PS Where is the vid? I have been searching Youtube .....

Actually, I'll wait a bit until you guys are sure you want to do something like that. He is a very open and friendly man, though a bit eccentric at times (aren't all music/art geniuses that way?).

I think he would be open to doing something like this, but I'll check with him if and when you guys are sure.

well book selected last night was the time travellers wife - audrey niffeneger ... Tonia's selection and i wasn't going to argue with her !! :roll:

as for meeting SP. Somtow sounds like a great idea for the 2nd or 3rd meeting .... either before or after we read the book !! what do others think !!

btw .... thanks to Jim, Jens, Neung, Tonia and Dtan for coming along last night .... was a good 1st meeting and made a pleasant change !! now get reading !!!!!!!!!!

Was the book selected before or after you did your private dance for Tonia? Is the selection a metaphor for something?

sorry LG u had to be there mate .... no videos allowed !!!!

Well I could not exactly intrude upon you and Tonia while you were shaking your booty in the bathroom now could I?

BTW, where is sweet SB today? Suffering from trauma or busy on the phone booking copious dancing lessons for you?

Ciaran was busy watching Jens eating chocolate covered banana in front of him.

Anyway, got a copy from Kinokuniya bookstore. The Time Traveler's Wife - 345 THB - 615 pages !

Just reserved the book via a library's website. I hope I will get it within a few days. It's also translated to Danish, "Den tidsrejsendes kvinde".

it's an excellent book .... funnily enough i was planning to reread it sometime soon, now got a reason to do so !!!

I haven't heard anything from the library yet. :roll: :twisted: and I called a book store yesterday, and the English version is sold out!! :evil: :twisted: It will take aprrox 2 weeks before I read it. Damn!!

ok ok .... new thread for Book Club.

hope to get 10-20 ppl willing to meet up once a month.

meet bar/coffee shop .... maybe somewhere with a small meeting room.

members take turns to select a title each month.

read the book, discuss at next meeting and select title for next month.

anybody interested .... any other ideas feel free to comment !!!!

I have collected many interested english book before when i was working with big publishing company. I really need to share it. I gonna contact you when i get back from UK this time to arrange meeting and give you these book to share to anyone who wanted. ooo. also i have dutch books, German ..etc..

Almost finish :D

please make up the next club meeting. 8)

ur doing well Tonia .... it was my second time reading it and i only finished it at the weekend.

well i would suggest either wednesday the 4th or 11th november at 7pm for the next meeting .... which date suits ppl best ???

so ppl .... have u all (apart from Nicky) nearly finished the book yet ? which date suits ppl best ??

still have no time to find that book besides i have some books to read too. but next meeting,i'll get a few to recommend.

I read it last week and enjoyed it, but I'll be back in Hua Hin on November 2, so the date of the meeting doesn't matter to me.

I enjoyed meeting you guys.

cheers Jim ... i'm glad somebody (apart from me) has read the damm book !! :D

maybe it was a bit too ambitious for a first book for the club as it's over 500 pages and can be a tad difficult to follow at times ... ok kids we'll try something a bit easier for next time !!

ok ok .... new thread for Book Club.

hope to get 10-20 ppl willing to meet up once a month.

meet bar/coffee shop .... maybe somewhere with a small meeting room.

members take turns to select a title each month.

read the book, discuss at next meeting and select title for next month.

anybody interested .... any other ideas feel free to comment !!!!

I have collected many interested english book before when i was working with big publishing company. I really need to share it. I gonna contact you when i get back from UK this time to arrange meeting and give you these book to share to anyone who wanted. ooo. also i have dutch books, German ..etc..

that would be great kungnoi ... thanks a lot !!