World Cup 2010.....

beej

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I thought at the start of play I was doing rather well.

No stamina obviously.

and i thought that was just a cruel and vicious rumour !!! :wink:

Cheers mate.

There seems to be much ado about the poor refereeing decisions more than the quality, or lack of, football played.

I'm all for "keeping it flowing", but when the ref blows for offside or not, or disallows a goal, or says no handball and everyone in the damn world watches an instant replay an knows within mere seconds he's wrong, then he's gotta be able to say ok "I'll change my mind", or everyone's just gonna lose any faith in their decisions.

5 minutes of arguing from players can be resolved in 10 seconds of big screen replay.

And technology has put everything including slow motion replays of every tiny bit of action into the living rooms of anyone who cares to watch.

Not that I care much (I checked the T&C and I don't have to give a toss to be able to comment), but I'd rather have it right than have it "flowing".

Rather reminds me of the BBC's insistence on licence fees for income rather than ads (when they charge everywhere else and have ads too), cos "We're above all that."

It's all just a huge festering crock of shite.

Pneumatic-AnatomicaP-d.jpg

Guest glorylove
halftime

holland-brazil 0:1

hollands van bommel on the edge of red card.

Yes, but now...

Holland is 2-1 up.

951c5382.gif

(And stop passing these Senegalese accounts you just know 'I'm gonna log in on them ;) )

Did anyone else here about Steven Gerrard knocking up his Wife's sister last month, is there a gagging order on the press about it or something?

I think the story is older than that and there was a gag order placed until after the World Cup. Supposedly, this was one of the reasons that John Terry was so pissed about Gerrard becoming captain after Ferdinand was injured.

Thought so, f*cking sad state of affairs really.

Ok, bit more information from 'behind the scenes'

Allegedly, the girl Gerrard got pregnant is 16. (some possibility she was 15 at the time though). She is from either the Newcastle or Liverpool area and the story was first passed to the press a while ago. The original source was some shadowy figures from organised crime in the North East of England who have an ongoing dispute with some shadowy figures from Merseyside (who happen to be friends with Gerrard). However, the head figures at various media outlets suppressed the story in the run up to the World Cup. There seems to be various facets of the tabloid media involved and at least one of them has pictures (whether only of the girl or of the girl with Gerrard I am not quite sure)

To add more spice to the mix, the existence of the story came to the attention of aforementioned shady Scousers and there have been a few incidences of threats and displaying of guns to some of the journos involved, and at least one incident of all their data on the story being taken off them.

Think the question is when, not if, the story will break.

Also allegedly, the 'Derby connection' (as I think was briefly mentioned) is Gerrard's missus shagging a Derby player/Scottish international with the initials KC.

Remember where the story broke first...

Did anyone else here about Steven Gerrard knocking up his Wife's sister last month, is there a gagging order on the press about it or something?

I think the story is older than that and there was a gag order placed until after the World Cup. Supposedly, this was one of the reasons that John Terry was so pissed about Gerrard becoming captain after Ferdinand was injured.

Allegedly, the girl Gerrard got pregnant is 16. (some possibility she was 15 at the time though). She is from either the Newcastle or Liverpool area and the story was first passed to the press a while ago. The original source was some shadowy figures from organised crime in the North East of England who have an ongoing dispute with some shadowy figures from Merseyside (who happen to be friends with Gerrard). However, the head figures at various media outlets suppressed the story in the run up to the World Cup. There seems to be various facets of the tabloid media involved and at least one of them has pictures (whether only of the girl or of the girl with Gerrard I am not quite sure)

To add more spice to the mix, the existence of the story came to the attention of aforementioned shady Scousers and there have been a few incidences of threats and displaying of guns to some of the journos involved, and at least one incident of all their data on the story being taken off them.

Also allegedly, the 'Derby connection' (as I think was briefly mentioned) is Gerrard's missus shagging a Derby player/Scottish international with the initials KC.

The 16 year old/Kris Commons rumour has been doing the rounds for at least 6 months

Yeah ME......but i didn't waffle on about it like u did :P

well done Uruguay - what a drama..so it is going to be South America vs. Europe..

poor poor Ghana - they deserved to win but think the excitement and the expectations of an entire continent was just too much for them...

:(

I-man your probably right the pressure musta been intense..How in the world do you miss a penalty shot like that.. that would have been the icing on the cake... 8)

Awesome match though...

Yeah ME......but i didn't waffle on about it like u did :P

I think you mean you did not give any detail...typical hun.

:wink: