World Cup 2010.....

beej

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last night was the first match of the german team after national goalie Robert Enkes death ten days ago.

The match vs. Ivory coast wasnt too bad. I would dare say that Ivory coast will reach the round of the last four. Even without Drogba they played impressive..there will be surprises for sure.

There is a german saying - Don't worry, you always meet up twice in life - probably France will meet Ivory coast..

God hasnt been good to Maradona - look at this drug addicted fat fart..so why should he be good at Henry ? He will get everything back in life - plain karma..

Robbie Fowler once refused a penalty after the ref had given it to him- only real example i've seen in football of a player being really sporting.

It's difficult though- football is a business, players are employed and partly paid on results. Fans may approve of sporting behaviour.

Paolo Di Canio once refused to shoot into an empty goal for West Ham because Everton's goalkeeper was on the ground injured.

Much as I dislike to see cheating being rewarded I remember the joy many Irish got from Maradona's self proclaimed "hand of god" goal against England so don't sympathise with them too much, what goes around comes around.

Ireland have lodged an official complaint with FIFA and are demanding the game be replayed.

Can't see it myself, but if they do, I want the England vs Argentina game replayed.

wasn't online yesterday because didn't get home until 6am after watching the game in my mate's bar ... and then went out again when i woke up to drown my sorrows !!!

f**king gutted at the result, but don't think we should be demanding a reply. 2 things drummed into U as a kid learning to play football

1) u play to the whistle

2) referee's decision is final !!!

yeah Henry handled the ball ... well if it had been keane/doyle/duff in that position i'd have expected them to do exactly the same. top class football is aways played on the edge and players will do ANYTHING to win ... and i wouldn't expect anything less.

let's hope us Irish don't end up like the English still whinging about a f**king hand ball 20 years later !!! :wink:

**** happens and the best team on the day/night doesn't always win !!

I really feel sorry for the Irish,and winning a game that way is just not right.

let me tell u something now .... if robbie keane had handled the ball, then crossed for dunne to head in the winning goal and the ref hadn't f**king seen it !!! i wouldn't feel one bit sorry for the french !!

and these guys starting up websites about hating henry and demanding a replay need to get a f**king life !!! it's a game of football, the cheating french won ... nobody's f**king died ... let's get over it !!!!

now as for tyrone getting f**king robbed by those cheating dub bastards in the AI in 1995 ... that's another matter completely !!

Robbie Fowler once refused a penalty after the ref had given it to him- only real example i've seen in football of a player being really sporting.

It's difficult though- football is a business, players are employed and partly paid on results. Fans may approve of sporting behaviour.

Paolo Di Canio once refused to shoot into an empty goal for West Ham because Everton's goalkeeper was on the ground injured.

Much as I dislike to see cheating being rewarded I remember the joy many Irish got from Maradona's self proclaimed "hand of god" goal against England so don't sympathise with them too much, what goes around comes around.

Di Canio didn't have an empty goal to shoot into on that occassion, but he could have had a goal scoring chance !!! he also got a long-ish ban for shoving over a referee and was mercenary bastard !!!

and besides all that ... the ***** is a fascist **** !!!!

I'm not sure if I'd like it to be honest, too many stops and starts, time wasting. Players would be asking for a video ref at any chance they get, extra time would be 10+ minutes.

Personally I'd only like the Cyclops thing to see if the ball went over the line or not.

i think it would work well for certain incidents ... 10 -15 seconds after the french goal the 4th offical must have known henry had handled the ball !!

works relatively well in rugby, tennis, cricket, american rugby with suits of armour etc ... so no reason why it couldn't work in football also !!!

let's hope us Irish don't end up like the English still whinging about a f**king hand ball 20 years later !!! :wink:

sh*t happens and the best team on the day/night doesn't always win !!

We are still whinging (23 years and 5 months later) but for a lot of reasons...

1) It was the quarter final, not a qualifier.

2) We'd just had a war with Argentina - of course we hated to lose to them

3) They went on to win the World Cup - we had Gary Lineker who was the tournament's top scorer - we had a good chance.

4) Maradona is a smug, self-righteous **** who said "Although we had said before the game that football had nothing to do with the Malvinas war, we knew they had killed a lot of Argentine boys there, killed them like little birds. And this was revenge." despite the fact Argentina started it.

5) He also said after his ridiculous goal "I was waiting for my teammates to embrace me, and no one came... I told them, 'Come hug me, or the referee isn't going to allow it.'".

6) He's a fat, ******* dwarf.

fat-maradona.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

GROUP A

SOUTH AFRICA

MEXICO

URUGUAY

FRANCE

GROUP B

ARGENTINA

NIGERIA

SOUTH KOREA