Immigrants

kaunitz

Your opinion:  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion:

• Yes, you are right!
    • No, you are wrong!
    • You could be right if you buy me a beer!
    • You could be wrong if you buy me a bear!
    • What the heck, just buy me a beer!

As far as I can see there are three possibilities...

1) Heinz is concerned that bogus asylum seekers and economic migrants are abusing the Austrian system - by not paying taxes, cheating on welfare benefits etc.... in which case I would be in agreement with him.

2) Heinz is concerned that his government are forcing him to change his lifestyle to adopt other cultures - celebrate different holidays, worship other religions etc... which would piss me off too.

or

3) Heinz doesn't like seeing immigrants in large numbers in Austrian cities because their customs and festivals are different to his own and threaten his own culture.... in which case I wouldn't agree (I love Indian, Italian, Mexican, French foods and seeing diverse traditions, even if they are in my own backyard).

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing to do with Heinz, I just want to show off.

When I was in a design school (in Denmark). I was the only foreigner in the class. They use Danish and my Danish by that time was very poor. I took evening class (Danish) and went to design school during the day. One Danish girl, my classmate said something like this... "The standarn of Danish education getting low because of some foreigners who join school without knowing Danish language" and I was like "what the ****!!!" :evil:

At the end, we had an exam. I defended my project with my Tinglish and I got 10 (it's an A, btw). I went back to my apartment and had my Somtam party alone!!!!

No, I don't have any Engish coffee, E-Bob. It's from Jamaica. Can you live with that?

There will always be crime, there will always be benefits fraud, there will always be violence...... just Nationalist political parties push it into your face daily through the media to get them more votes at the expense of anyone non white, creating pain and suffering in communities through racism.

"Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

But could you also throw in a few Nobel Prize winners and university graduates just to help out a bit?

I mean, look at what the Brits sent to Australia!

"Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

But could you also throw in a few Nobel Prize winners and university graduates just to help out a bit?

I mean, look at what the Brits sent to Australia!

And America :wink:

I'm against immigration because on a certain day of the week during a certain time, I can't go swimming at the local swimming pool. They have it reserved for muslim women only.

I'm against immigration because when a fellow worker prays, I have to work harder in their absence. Yet I don't get the same extra breaks.

I'm against immigration because a plan to build a proposed pub/hotel was ruled out because it was too close to residents that are muslim.

But more importantly, I'm against immigration because my local KFC store won't serve pork anymore :roll:

*It should also be noted that the fact I don't have any muslim friends nor do I intend to make any muslim friends in the near future or in my life time, should in no way imply that I am racist and/or bigoted. Afterall, Australia is still a free country and BBQ chops and beer isn't a crime (yet) :lol:

considering the amount of hot Polish and Lithuanian chicks in Glasgow just now, the only control I would put on immigration is a gender based one!!!

I hope they are respecting your culture and not breaking any laws!

def; was chatting to two Lithuanian girls on Friday night who were totally pissed and out their faces on E and going for a kebab after!! Welcome!!

:D

I'm against immigration because on a certain day of the week during a certain time, I can't go swimming at the local swimming pool. They have it reserved for muslim women only.

I'm against immigration because when a fellow worker prays, I have to work harder in their absence. Yet I don't get the same extra breaks.

I'm against immigration because a plan to build a proposed pub/hotel was ruled out because it was too close to residents that are muslim.

But more importantly, I'm against immigration because my local KFC store won't serve pork anymore :roll:

*It should also be noted that the fact I don't have any muslim friends nor do I intend to make any muslim friends in the near future or in my life time, should in no way imply that I am racist and/or bigoted. Afterall, Australia is still a free country and BBQ chops and beer isn't a crime (yet) :lol:

Is your problem with immigration or religious freedom?

So you'll be sending your Thai wife back then.

Would you feel the same if they had a Kiddies' hour? Against having kids?

How about Happy Hours at pubs? Against women?

I can understand if the ONLY time you could go swimming was during that one period.

]

I used to feel the same way about cigarette smokers - wondering if I'd get 15 minute breaks every hour for my heroin addiction.

But I got over that.

That's KFC's problem - did Muslims ask them to stop selling pork? I'd be pissed off too if that was the case.

That's KFC's problem - did Muslims ask them to stop selling pork? I'd be pissed off too if that was the case.

No, the staff refuse to work with pork. Given that KFC doesn't pay fantastic wages, most of the people willing to work there are relatively new Australians. So they'd either be Hindhu, Muslim or high school kids working part time.

Hindhus and High School kids are easy going, but the Muslims obviously aren't.

Whenever there's a KFC promotion involving pork, they have a note at the end. * At participating stores only* :roll:

It's become my problem, because I now have to travel further out to the next KFC store.

I don't care what Muslims do or believe in, but I get pissed off when they get in the way of Pork and My Fork :P