• 3) Clear Heels
    • 4) Duty
    • 5) Pile Up
    • 6) Random Nights
    • 7) In Her Shoe
    • 8) donâ??t throw them away
    • 9) Because I wanna be in the picture!
    • 10) My Shoes

For one thing.. personally, I go for substance over special effects. I get turned on when I see someone has seen something or a view of something Ive never considered or even seen before. I love the ideas more than the technical prowess. And I love to see risk.

I totally agree. I still put my foot down that the object/ ideas still weight more than fancy equipments. When i tell this to some people they get all flushed and smoking out from their ears.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All rather predictable. I didn't vote any this time.

Apologies chaps.

:arrow:

Remember the water theme, most picture were somewhat predictable too. I submitted a pic of my lecture book about H2O and I've got one vote from Dannyboy. (I was trying to be creative):eh:

Now it's a shoes theme and I pointed my camera and shot shoes. I didn't think. Go on now PeeMarc, cast your vote. Give a little something to the participants and even better vote for my picture!!! :winky:

Well, I'd like to see some creative ideas that you guys talked about. Show us one or two pic to educate us, that would be kind from you.

I dont really think it would be fair or right to introduce outside pics, even to just show example of a point. This is very good competition I look forward to every month and it should be only about those who have a go.

Having said that, I dont think it should be only about voting for the best. I think there should be much more discussion - both critical and encouraging - not just vote for the best.

I made comments in the hope maybe someone would interpret them positively and have a better go at it next time, and of course a better shot.

I think that how one goes about approaching something can be a very large part of getting something great.

I look at the entries and for me they fall into two categories. Those that were purposely composed by the photographer (not necessarily for this contest) and those that were taken by the photographer because he/she thought at the time it was an interesting image. I agree with Hobbs in that this was one the more challenging contest subjects, but it has solicited some interesting comments and critiques.

As a permanence loser of this competition thingy, I don’t mind listening to any criticism as long as you have some good advices. But as for some kind of critic without any advice I simply don’t care. I believe most of participants join this competition just for fun and if we put our pictures on here and get some craps in return, I don’t think the competition will last long (except those with thick skin like me).

Well, I'd like to see some creative ideas that you guys talked about. Show us one or two pic to educate us, that would be kind from you.

I dont really think it would be fair or right to introduce outside pics, even to just show example of a point. This is very good competition I look forward to every month and it should be only about those who have a go.

Having said that, I dont think it should be only about voting for the best. I think there should be much more discussion - both critical and encouraging - not just vote for the best.

I made comments in the hope maybe someone would interpret them positively and have a better go at it next time, and of course a better shot.

I think that how one goes about approaching something can be a very large part of getting something great.

lol.. this is ridiculous...

It sounds like "I know but I'm not telling you nah nah nah nah nah..."

:lol:

After Hobbs crowns the winner of this month’s contest it might of interest to hear a little bit about the photos entered from each of this month’s participants. We usually hear from the winner but I’m appreciative of everyone’s effort. I’m not asking for much just a sentence or two on why the photographer took that shot. If you are one that believes a photograph should tell a story then there some entries this month that seem to meet that criteria i.e. numbers 10 & 8 although I think the latter focuses more on the lady than shoes. I think numbers 2, 3 & 7 took some thought and maybe post processing. Number 4 is simple; captures a lot but is from an odd angle. If you decide to volunteer a bit about your photo PLEASE wait until after Hobbs sends out his notification of November’s winner.

I give you the winner of November's TF Photo Competition on the topic of "Shoes" is: "My Shoes" by CherryBerry.

Well done on a tricky subject! :D

The topic for January's Photo Competition as chosen by CherryBerry is:

"day at leisure". 8)

We will have a "Best of TF 2009" competition in December and a seperate topic regarding will be posted shortly. Then in January we'll carry on as were with CherryBerry's topic. I hope she can wait that long.

The shutternuts behind November's entries were:

"Bliss" - Coolpapa

"Rest" - cool_A

"Clear Heels" - pandorea

"Duty" - SomAmour

"Pile Up" - Hobbes

"Random Nights" - barsie

"In Her Shoe" - I_am_George

"don’t throw them away" - Frans65

"Because I wanna be in the picture!" - Aphrodite

"My Shoes" - CherryBerry

Many Thanks to all those that participated in the competition as well as to those that voted for their favourite picture.

I made the album on Photobucket now public and it can be found here.

We'll be seeing the winners of 2009 in a shoot-out shortly.

8)

I give you the winner of November's TF Photo Competition on the topic of "Shoes" is: "My Shoes" by CherryBerry.

Well done on a tricky subject! :D

The topic for January's Photo Competition as chosen by CherryBerry is:

"Colours". 8)

We will have a "Best of TF 2009" competition in December and a seperate topic regarding will be posted shortly. Then in January we'll carry on as were with CherryBerry's topic. I hope she can wait that long.

The shutternuts behind November's entries were:

"Bliss" - Coolpapa

"Rest" - cool_A

"Clear Heels" - pandorea

"Duty" - SomAmour

"Pile Up" - Hobbes

"Random Nights" - barsie

"In Her Shoe" - I_am_George

"stare" - Frans65

"Because I wanna be in the picture!" - Aphrodite

"My Shoes" - CherryBerry

Many Thanks to all those that participated in the competition as well as to those that voted for their favourite picture.

I made the album on Photobucket now public and it can be found here.

We'll be seeing the winners of 2009 in a shoot-out shortly.

8)

#8? :?: