WHAT... destroy your relationship?

AAAum

WHAT... destroy your relationship?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT... destroy your relationship?

• jealous
    • rakish
    • workaholic
    • alcoholic
    • irresponsible
    • aggressive/abusive/bossy
    • coward
    • unfaithful
    • dirty (by physical)
    • too nice! ( =boring)
    • etc. ...and beers please!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who uses the word Rakish in day to day speech, maybe i just speak bad England.

sorry, i'm Thai... :wink:

No need to apologies for being Thai, but i had to look Rakish up in the dicshonary to find out what it meant, probably just a reflection of how dumb all the people i know and all my ex-school teachers are.

errrrr.... :?

What broke up my last serious relationship was my ex's insecurity and controlling nature.

It seemed like nothing I did was enough for her and she needed constant reassurance that she was loved and I was true to her (both of which were true).

I hardly ever argue with any girlfriend - I'm a very easy-going guy. And yet she could make fights out of nothing. Often times it was her bossy nature. She wouldn't ask for something, she would demand it.

(now looking for a replacement :oops: )

What broke up my last serious relationship was my ex's insecurity and controlling nature.

It seemed like nothing I did was enough for her and she needed constant reassurance that she was loved and I was true to her (both of which were true).

I hardly ever argue with any girlfriend - I'm a very easy-going guy. And yet she could make fights out of nothing. Often times it was her bossy nature. She wouldn't ask for something, she would demand it.

(now looking for a replacement :oops: )

u should try sending out a few friendly PMs and see what kind of reponse u get !! :D:D

immaturity...

i broke up with my ex Thai bf who has the same age... this is one of many reasons i can say...

most of the time, whatever i do, i step further ahead (compare to him)...

ok, let me share some backgrounds

i had 5 years of working experience --- he had only 1 years

(i know it has to compare in details too)

He was my classmate in master degree... this is his first master degree, but second one of mine

I'm a fast learner... he is quite slower...

etc.

anyway, to make it short, with a good intention, i was acting as his coach, teaching him many things... how to do things, how to think etc.

at first he agreed and accepted what i say and i'm smarter...

but time went by, it seemed i put pressure on him... he felt down and wanted to go away... for myself, i feel upset and worried how come he didnt grow up (yet)

we fought more often...till we were tired and agreed to seperate...

it's not his fault..... it's not my fault... but the problem raised because we dont have a compromise

immaturity...

i broke up with my ex Thai bf who has the same age... this is one of many reasons i can say...

most of the time, whatever i do, i step further ahead (compare to him)...

ok, let me share some backgrounds

He was my classmate in master degree... this is his first master degree, but second one of mine

etc.

anyway, to make it short, with a good intention, i was acting as his coach, teaching him many things... how to do things, how to think etc.

but time went by, it seemed i put pressure on him... he felt down and wanted to go away... for myself, i feel upset and worried how come he didnt grow up (yet)

it's not his fault..... it's not my fault... but the problem raised because we dont have a compromise

But I know you said you prefer an older partner - and presumably for these reasons.

Girls mature faster than boys.

And (many) Thai guys don't mature at all.

And Westernised, educated Thai girls mature faster than 'regular' (for want of a better word) girls.

It didn't sound like a solid base from the beginning.

immaturity...

etc.

But I know you said you prefer an older partner - and presumably for these reasons.

Girls mature faster than boys.

And (many) Thai guys don't mature at all.

And Westernised, educated Thai girls mature faster than 'regular' (for want of a better word) girls.

It didn't sound like a solid base from the beginning.

in fairness some "older" farangs in thailand look they will never mature !!!! :D:D

and yes that does include me !!!

in fairness some "older" farangs in thailand look they will never mature !!!! :D:D

and yes that does include me !!!

I know what you mean... However, the immaturity they (we) display is mainly linked to settling down and being conventional. They (we) are still capable of interests outside drugs, racing scooters, gigs and drinking.

In addition they (we) are generally well-traveled and a little wiser than Thai guys the same age as Aaaum.

i heard a couple broke up because of jealousy... guy's jealousy

he asked everytime who calling, whom she talking, whom she meet... or why she meet him late (even 15 mins she said)... because he's afraid that she might meet another guy

at first she thought he did that because he loved her (that much).. it was fine

later... she had to count 1-10 (to be patient).... and 1 -50

till... she couldnt stand him anymore... everytime he said, she fought back... and finally dumped him...

Very common, unfortunately.

Usually it's because of a past experience... once bitten, twice shy etc.

Some people find it difficult to trust partners...

I give my partner trust to begin with... if her behaviour becomes suspect, I might ask questions to clarify.

If answers don't add up, I'll end the relationship. I believe if you have a feeling something's going on and your partner can't explain easily, then 99% of the time you're correct.

(statistic not confirmed by scientific research)

I like your point of view EB :)

Anyway

My 2nd to worst break-ups would be about the guy who feel so insecure about our relationship and get jealous of all my guy friends and all attention I've got from them all the times. I only wanted him to think and understand that I've already chosen to be with him, there must be something I like about him the most. I guess that was not just enough.

My worst break-ups would be the one I went on a trip I paid for everything with, who broke up with me on the day we came back to bkk cos he got his ex pregnant and also 6-7 months later with another TF girl (If she didnt lie about it) He was such a good liar and cheater at the same times. It's funny when he's actually now complaining about how he's being cheated with his current gf ;P

I like your point of view EB :)

Anyway

My 2nd to worst break-ups would be about the guy who feel so insecure about our relationship and get jealous of all my guy friends and all attention I've got from them all the times. I only wanted him to think and understand that I've already chosen to be with him, there must be something I like about him the most. I guess that was not just enough.

I can relate to your ex a little - when I was in my twenties, I didn't feel confident and secure in my relationships. As I got older, I learnt more and experienced more.

For me, it's very understandable that an attractive, intelligent woman (the kind I would want to be with) would be popular and have other admirers. It's the way she interacts with those other guys that is important. If she involves her current boyfriend in outings and is quite open about being 'in a relationship' there is no need for the boyfriend to feel bad.

I stayed friends with some of my exes and we have nothing but platonic relationships now. But often her current bf's don't approve.

My worst break-ups would be the one I went on a trip I paid for everything with, who broke up with me on the day we came back to bkk cos he got his ex pregnant and also 6-7 months later with another TF girl (If she didnt lie about it) He was such a good liar and cheater at the same times. It's funny when he's actually now complaining about how he's being cheated with his current gf ;P

The phrase 'Som nam naa MoFo' springs to mind.

I don't mind a relationship ending, but it should be done with mutual respect and maturity.... and only involve 2 people!

My ex was like that... Though i blame the Chinese side and whatever they're teaching at Chula the last 10 years

(what the **** is going on with quote boxes today??)

My ex was like that... Though i blame the Chinese side and whatever they're teaching at Chula the last 10 years

Hmmm interesting... My ex was a Chula graduate of Chinese heritage too... We may have been fishing in the same pond...

(what the f*ck is going on with quote boxes today??)

Don't know what you mean?