2010/2011 Premiership

Stramash

at last some kind of good-ish news for arsenal !!! Cesc Fábregas stays at Arsenal !!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/05/cesc-fabregas-stay-arsenal-barcelona

now we have spent 10 million on a centre half and got chamkah on a free ... but we've lost 2 centre halves (not counting that f**king stump silvestre) and sold eduardo .... so not really that much stronger than last season. having said that nobody ... apart from citeh ... r really splashing the cash so far !!

if we have the money i'd love to see us buy a decent keeper and a tony adams/vidic type centre half ... 2 players like that and a bit more luck avoiding injuries to key players and i'd fancy our chances this season !!!

having said that ... van persie gets injured every f**king season and Fabregas had a nasty leg break last year ... still here's hoping !!!

You need a couple more tough bastards in Midfield or the Gooners will just fizzle out in the last quater of the season when the pitches get bad and you're away at Stoke in the driving rain.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at last some kind of good-ish news for arsenal !!! Cesc Fábregas stays at Arsenal !!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/05/cesc-fabregas-stay-arsenal-barcelona

now we have spent 10 million on a centre half and got chamkah on a free ... but we've lost 2 centre halves (not counting that f**king stump silvestre) and sold eduardo .... so not really that much stronger than last season. having said that nobody ... apart from citeh ... r really splashing the cash so far !!

if we have the money i'd love to see us buy a decent keeper and a tony adams/vidic type centre half ... 2 players like that and a bit more luck avoiding injuries to key players and i'd fancy our chances this season !!!

having said that ... van persie gets injured every f**king season and Fabregas had a nasty leg break last year ... still here's hoping !!!

You need a couple more tough bastards in Midfield or the Gooners will just fizzle out in the last quater of the season when the pitches get bad and you're away at Stoke in the driving rain.

Trying to work out what happened to the goal of buying a decent goalie and another defender?

Trying to work out what happened to the goal of buying a decent goalie and another defender?

still just over 3 weeks until the transfer window closes .... we've been linked with Schwarzer (who i don't rate) .... Hart and Given, both of those would be better than what we've got at the moment. also been rumoured to be after a german centre half .... so still hoping !!!

1 day to go...

and been pretty quiet on the transfer front this pre season.

23 Entrants to the TF league.

Last chance to sign up!!

:D

I'm in from the start this year! :D

Based on your good form last year you'll finish in the top half this time. You seem to have a knack for this Fantasy ball game! :wink:

Anyone playing in any other open leagues which people can join? I noticed some seem to play in 5 or more leagues. Care to share the code?

• 2 weeks later...

if present form holds, this is not the season to spend a lot on defenders.

i've got plenty of leagues LG if i forget to send you some codes send me a PM and remind me. most are Football Manager players' leagues (and these guys, surprisingly, suck at fantasy football, so easy pickin's).

anyone know how to get more than 15 leagues? or how to drop lesser ones to enter a couple more?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

what an odd season so far! haven't seen so many peculiar, unpredictable results since... um... last season. the dire economy does seem to level the playing field a bit when teams like United can't afford to go shopping. yeh there's City's big spree but they were in a hurry to get a deep squad together before Platini's rules hamstring spending.

City are to Chelsea as Spurs are to City, it seems. like rock / paper / scissors.

what an odd season so far!

Agreed. Who would have thought that WBA would beat the Gunners at home :cry:

Not man. But I am not very optimistic about the visit to Stamford Bridge tomorrow. Think we may get well and truly humped.

:cry:

f**k f**k f**k f**k .... how the f**k can someone miss a free header from about 2 yards out !!! useless f**king **** !!!

Not man. But I am not very optimistic about the visit to Stamford Bridge tomorrow. Think we may get well and truly humped.

f**k f**k f**k f**k .... how the f**k can someone miss a free header from about 2 yards out !!! useless f**king **** !!!

Drogba made you his ***** again!

Drogba made you his b*tch again!

i actually thought arsenal played a lot f**king better against Chelski this time than they did last season. last year we were bullied and played off the park, but this season we matched Chelski and didn't let them push us around .... now if we could just find a player who score with a free header from 2 yards out we might even get a point in our next game against them !!!!

At a divorce court a family of wolves is waiting for the judge to grant custody of the baby wolf.

The judge asks the baby wolf "Do you want to live with your daddy?"

"No he beats me" says baby wolf.

"Do you want to live with your mummy?"

"No she beats me too" replies baby wolf.

"Then who do you want to live with?" asks the judge. Baby wolf says "Liverpool; they don't beat anyone."

:wink:

Iain, the problem with that joke is that it reflects badly on our team. We did not beat Liverpool yet Blackpool did!

for all the criticism Wenger gets for not splashing the cash the shambles that Liverpool r now is a warning to all true fans !!!

as for what the f**k is going on at Man Ure does anybody know what the f**k is going on there ?? 100 million operating profit, but a 84 million pound loss, BUT 160 million pounds in the bank !! like what the f**k !!!!