English_Bob

Question

• Answers 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guest Lollipop
no one mentions real Thai restaurants.

There are many good ones in Huay kwang market.

- taste good

- friendly services

- reasonable price

- many cute chicks and lady boys walking around.

you forgot to mention about where do cute boys hang out around there :x

Silom, Patpong and õ¡

- taste good

- friendly services

- reasonable price

I live close to Huay Kwan, where exactly is the market?

Eeeerrr for the food of course not the lady boys HONEST!

Somboon Seafood is really nice, just outside MRT exit 3

Fuji.

Hate to wait.

i wouldn't mind waiting at all.if can't just go somewhere you don't have to wait.

I mind if they keep me waiting more than 10-15 mins and I can't go anywhere but in front of the restaurant. no no to me. Plus I don't like ppl look thur the window and give the eyes like "when will you finish?"

There are many Japanese restaurant which better than Fuji, better atmosphere, Fuji make me think like i'm in a canteen.

- taste good

- friendly services

- reasonable price

That's my neighbor, never ever thing to try any restaurant around Huaykhwang my place...

Fuji.

Hate to wait.

i wouldn't mind waiting at all.if can't just go somewhere you don't have to wait.

I mind if they keep me waiting more than 10-15 mins and I can't go anywhere but in front of the restaurant. no no to me. Plus I don't like ppl look thur the window and give the eyes like "when will you finish?"

There are many Japanese restaurant which better than Fuji, better atmosphere, Fuji make me think like i'm in a canteen.

I HATE to having to wait in line for a restaurants. I AVOID going to eat out in restaurants at the end of the month. (avoid salary men). i get ANNOYED by how they keep people waiting in front of restaurant, having them take numbers and call the number and your name out on a really loud speaker phone.

Busy restaurants here in Thailand needs to introduce these restaurant pagers/buzzer. This way you can do whatever you like as long as it's not too far away and not having to waste your time in line.

restaurant-pager-case.jpg

You're crazy! Huay Kwang has great food. I really miss that area because of the food. It's all a bunch of small restaurants with the regular Thai dishes, but they make them really good at reasonable prices.

Yes i am crazy one...

Seeing how they prepare food in the morning (early morning)... especially night time food vendor, make me sick.

You're crazy! Huay Kwang has great food. I really miss that area because of the food. It's all a bunch of small restaurants with the regular Thai dishes, but they make them really good at reasonable prices.

Yes i am crazy one...

Seeing how they prepare food in the morning (early morning)... especially night time food vendor, make me sick.

please share juicy details. this is a restaurants review thread after all.

I just ordered Bento Set from Oishi Delivery for the BOD meeting luncheon. (and snatched one for myself :oops:)

When boss decided to order, its 11.20 am. so I gotta paused my conversation with Jap colleague to handle this as I would like Bento to be served on 12.00. I called Khun Chanida customer service pick up and asked many info. also told me who else in my company that has ordered and I is a first time so she left me wait for a min to 'updating me into the record' then she asked me what would I like to order and tried to offer the promotion, I said I order each of all 8 sets you provide and she said my order is over 500b I ll have previllege to buy bla..bla..bla.. in special price. I said.. Nong ka, i need Bento within 12.00 pm. she said.. Oh we cant deliver within 12.00 pm. ka because we gaurantee 45 mins na ka. I said then Bento will be here at 12.13 pm. Thank you.

...at about 14.00 pm. boss came out from meeting said to me, put Oishi on blacklist :shock:

Yes i am crazy one...

Spot on, stick enough monosodium glutamate in dog **** and it tastes good.

Cheap Thai food is NOT well prepped and NOT good for you.

Yes i am crazy one...

lol ok 1st Kanonjin, ¢¹Ã¨Õ¹ I have seen they clean the big pot make it shine by using scotchbrite and dipping some dish cleaning clean the pot while Kanomjin is still in there.

2nd, I think you might have seen a famous restaurant on Rachada Rd. at the corner of Tiem roum mit junction. In the morning they put everything (Papaya, chicken, cucumbers, etc. on the walking street... i mean near the driving road and wet street of BKK I hope you get picture.

and some more.

Yes i am crazy one...

Spot on, stick enough monosodium glutamate in dog sh*t and it tastes good.

Cheap Thai food is NOT well prepped and NOT good for you.

Hrrrrr you can call me crazy, lunatic, weak... My stomach can't handle dirty food. and my tongue can't handle monosodium... if they put too much my tongue will be swollen.

I have always found Crepes and Co to be a good meal out...

They have a HUGE breakfast deal, that can take up the entire morning with eating and drinking!

Their savoury and sweet crepes are perfect - thin and soft with crispy edges. Just as I remember them from holidays in France.

Also the service there is second to none.... they always remember my name, are quick, courteous and I can't remember them ever messing up an order for me. The owner - Serge - is a pleasant man and always says 'Hello'.

It's not cheap - I think I usually spend about 500 baht for a light lunch, but it's good quality food and the setting is fantastic.

I believe he has a new branch in Thong Lor, but I'm talking about the Sukhumvit Soi 12 branch.

Went to the Thong Lor branch earlier this year, and totally disappointed at the food. I am not so much of the ambiance person, if the food isn't to my liking. Not sure if I would consider visiting the one in soi 12 though.

Japanese Restaurant that is my most recent favorite is Sushi-Cyu & BBQ Carivore at All Seasons.

I never tried their dinner, but the lunch set is fabulous and reasonably priced. Lunch set starts from 190 baht + green tea + fruit. The place is always busy at lunch hour but you can call for reservation. My most fave dish is Beef Sukiyaki. But even a simple tonkatsu is fantastic!

http://www.sushicyu.com/english.htm

Guest Lollipop

- taste good

- friendly services

- reasonable price

That's my neighbor, never ever thing to try any restaurant around Huaykhwang my place...

walk a bit from mrt to Huay kwang market, just before you see the bridge it's huaykwang terrace.I never eat there yet but if you walk further you'll see many nice thai restauranta which there are seafoods, jimjoom, and etc. foods taste goodb clean and the price is reasonable. :wink:

Guest Lollipop
Fuji.

Hate to wait.

there are many good jap restaurants in Sukhumvit 33.the waitresses are pretty weird, servises are ok but don't dress up so slutty. :D

I've been to Anego it's in 33/1 great food. i like chefs.

Guest Lollipop
wanna go eat there someday with me?i don't eat that spicy like many Thais do :lol:

Guest Lollipop

Yes i am crazy one...

lol ok 1st Kanonjin, ¢¹Ã¨Õ¹ I have seen they clean the big pot make it shine by using scotchbrite and dipping some dish cleaning clean the pot while Kanomjin is still in there.

2nd, I think you might have seen a famous restaurant on Rachada Rd. at the corner of Tiem roum mit junction. In the morning they put everything (Papaya, chicken, cucumbers, etc. on the walking street... i mean near the driving road and wet street of BKK I hope you get picture.

and some more.

let's go eat together mai kha? all you've mentioned are yummy. you make me hungry! :P

and some more.

1) There's a pineapple baked rice dish that comes in a pineapple shell. I saw a restaurant that would reuse them! Just scrape out the remains of the previous diner's food and fill them up again!

2) On a busy street with puddles of dirty water, I saw grilled chicken getting sprayed by the water thrown up by motorcycles as they passed.

3) On Suk Soi 2, I saw a toddler knock over the entire day's supply of cooked rice into the road. His Mum gave him a spank and then scraped it all back into the container off the road and picked out all the big pieces of crap. Then she sold it to my staff (not at CB's).

Tapas Cafe in Suk Soi 11 is nice. I like the light bite feeling of the place. It's not cheap - I usually end up ordering three dishes and a couple of drinks and that mounts up.

Service is good - but not really during the day... they kind of switch off a bit. I find that true about a lot of places.

However, I went to Bully's for lunch today - and his staff are always good. I've only ever had one service problem there and the staff member then outdid herself to make it right. The food is good, reasonably priced and, for me, the location is perfect.