What's next?

Goodghost

Two more earthquake prediction fails...

One in Rome...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13357779

And one in Taiwan...

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/front/archives/2011/05/12/2003503017

The doomsayer who had predicted that a “super earthquake” would devastate Taiwan yesterday morning turned out to be the boy who cried wolf, with the Central Weather Bureau (CWB) confirming that no major seismic activity had been recorded.

Wang Chao-hung (王超弘), known as “Teacher Wang,” wrote on his blog last month that based on his studies of the Chinese classic I Ching (易經), also known as the Book of Changes, a magnitude 14 earthquake would hit Taiwan on May 11 at 10:42.37am.

At press time, records from the bureau showed that only two magnitude 3.7 temblors were recorded yesterday, one occurring in Yilan County at 11:25am and the other in Taitung County at 4:31pm.

While bureau officials and seismologists had dismissed Wang’s doomsday remarks as “nonsense,” he had nevertheless managed to attract a number of followers, who built 170 shelters converted from cargo containers in Puli Township (埔里), Nantou County.

Wang had claimed the containers would be safe while the earthquake and an ensuing tsunami devastated the nation.

As “zero hour” approached, hundreds of people, with about 40 police officers looking on, gathered at the site of the shelters to see what Wang and his followers would do on “doomsday.”

A group of university students also started a countdown, shouting: “Ha, nothing happened!” and “Teacher Wang! Teacher Wang!” after 10:42.37am came and went.

A defiant Wang initially said the earthquake would “definitely happen,” but later changed his tune and admitted he was drunk when he made the prophecy.

Liao Ta-yi, a garden designer, accused Wang of fraud and trying to cheat money from gullible followers.

“The cement base of the shelter is unlikely to resist anything like a magnitude 14 earthquake,” he said.

Authorities are also investigating whether Wang may have “colluded” with operators in the container industry — a charge he has flatly denied.

“I didn’t believe Wang at all,” an elderly woman said. “But then again, I’m happy his prediction didn’t come true.”

Wang also said his statements were “misinterpreted” by journalists.

“When did I lie? I was just talking to some people here, but the media exaggerated what I said and I had nothing to do with it,” he said.

Bureau Director-General Shin Tzay-chin (辛在勤) said the bureau had sent Wang an official warning that his action could be in contravention of the Meteorological Act (氣象法).

The act states that individuals and organizations can be fined between NT$200,000 (US$7,000) and NT$1 million for issuing weather forecasts or warnings of hazardous meteorological and seismological phenomena without the bureau’s permission.

However, “as he [Wang] stopped making further comments [on the earthquake], we decided not to fine him,” Shin said.

Wang is not the only person to claim to have the ability to predict earthquakes.

Kuo Kai-wen (郭鎧紋), director of the bureau’s seismology center, said the bureau received an average of three phone calls every day requesting the bureau to confirm their accurate earthquake predictions.

Some claim their bodies can “sense” earthquakes. A headache, for example, could mean that an earthquake would hit the northern part of the country, he said.

Commenting on the massive media coverage of Wang and his followers, National Communications Commission (NCC) spokesperson Chen Jeng-chang (陳正倉) said media had to ask themselves if the story was worth reporting and that it was in the public interest to do so.

As for the HUGE disaster predicted here, eight people died in an earthquake in Spain yesterday... Does that count?

When your time is coming ,No matter where you are you will die for sure.Tomorrow are you going to breath or not, you even don't know,Tomorrow that's too far how about the next second ,Will you alive or breathing? many Thai peoples report these stuff and i never pay attention ,When my time is coming ,I can die anywhere and anytime ,while i eat,while sleep ,while i walk ,while i drive , while i talk or while i think to much like you Goodghost,You should change your name to be confuse ghost, none sens ghost ,silly ghost or whatever ghost.I read your post here and i got dizzy.i don't think it's will be the end of the world in our generation ,I never afraid, i am ready anytime and anywhere,I don't think you ready for that.Are you?

By the way. I am sure EB is a real man ,How can a guy like him is gay..i have some good sense about this,i am sure million percent and i can tell you he is a nice person as well.

Edited by simply_oriental

When your time is coming ,No matter where you are you will die for sure.Tomorrow are you going to breath or not, you even don't know,Tomorrow that's too far how about the next second ,Will you alive or breathing? many Thai peoples report these stuff and i never pay attention ,When my time is coming ,I can die anywhere and anytime ,while i eat,while sleep ,while i walk ,while i drive , while i talk or while i think to much like you Goodghost,You should change your name to be confuse ghost, none sens ghost ,silly ghost or whatever ghost.I read your post here and i got dizzy.i don't think it's will be the end of the world in our generation ,I never afraid, i am ready anytime and anywhere,I don't think you ready for that.Are you?

By the way. I am sure EB is a real man ,How can a guy like him is gay..i have some good sense about this,i am sure million percent and i can tell you he is a nice person as well.

@English_Bob - I'm just saying...only time will tell. I still believe that there is something strange going to happen soon. Maybe you and Miss Pink Top will hook up.

@ Simply_Oriental - Do you really want to personally attack me? - How much did EB pay you to say like that? (Not much I guess for a girl like you.)

Let's change your name to Simply _Dizzy, Simply_Delusional, Simply_Unbelieveable.... Take your pick.

OH, By the way, you should change your pic because it makes you look Simply_Fat

Oh, I'm ready girl - Give it to me.

@English_Bob - I'm just saying...only time will tell. I still believe that there is something strange going to happen soon. Maybe you and Miss Pink Top will hook up.

@ Simply_Oriental - Do you really want to personally attack me? - How much did EB pay you to say like that? (Not much I guess for a girl like you.)

Let's change your name to Simply _Dizzy, Simply_Delusional, Simply_Unbelieveable.... Take your pick.

Oh, I'm ready girl - Give it to me.

Nice (not) comment back @ S O .... could she have been any more gentle pointing out you persist in a cartoon ?

You don't seem ready for much of the real world (time will tell -hah - what kind of a whimp rational is that?)

I have come to beieve you are really just interested in the attention - not anything of substance or discussion...

your 15 minutes are done CAsper

Well she attacked me first. I'm not interested in attention at all. (other people create it)

She is entitled to her beliefs as am I and anybody else, I have the right to defend myself as everyone does here.

Most of my posts are in jest - yeah what I said was really mean...I won't post like that again.

Well I'll just say 'sorry' S O -if she was offended. I didn't mean it. Just don't call me Silly Ghost.

Let's just chill out a bit eh? and hope for no disasters. It's a horrible thought if people die in disasters.

Edited by Goodghost

Well she attacked me first. I'm not interested in attention at all. (other people create it)

She is entitled to her beliefs as am I and anybody else, I have the right to defend myself as everyone does here.

Most of my posts are in jest - yeah what I said was really mean...I won't post like that again.

Well I'll just say 'sorry' S O -if she was offended. I didn't mean it. Just don't call me Silly Ghost.

Let's just chill out a bit eh? and hope for no disasters. It's a horrible thought if people die in disasters.

Just when the odd 1% of Tf started to feel sorry for you by being owned by EB, you go and post this!

Simply _Dizzy, Simply_Delusional, Simply_Unbelieveable.... Take your pick.

Sometimes i really do fuckin despair of fuckwits like you.

Just when the odd 1% of Tf started to feel sorry for you by being owned by EB, you go and post this!

Simply _Dizzy, Simply_Delusional, Simply_Unbelieveable.... Take your pick.

Sometimes i really do fuckin despair of fuckwits like you.

Did you read what she posted to me? She started it...and then I'm pressured to say sorry...

What she said was worse..Goodghost,You should change your name to be confuse ghost, none sens ghost ,silly ghost or whatever ghost.I read your post here and i got dizzy and then you call me a fuckwit - geez

Edited by Goodghost

You are the Neil Lennon of Thailand friends.....Always the vicTIM. Where's a good Jambo when u need him!

Google search that ya prick

I said I'm sorry. and now you continue by calling me a prick(which I am not). I haven't used that language with you.......not yet anyway.

You done chewing me out yet?

I said I'm sorry. and now you continue by calling me a prick(which I am not). I haven't used that language with you.......not yet anyway.

You done chewing me out yet?

Dont apologize to me, it was SO you were sexist towards......you of all people sheeeshhh!!

By the way.....(Yes you are)

I wasn't in anyway apologizing to you. Why would I? I said I apologized to SO. (How many times now?) You should apologize to me for calling me a fuckwit and prick.

Now you are making me demand an apology from SO for what she said about me. Which was uncalled for.

Wasn't sexist - anyone can be fat - look at what comes out of that mouth of yours when you talk about me.

By the way ...(I'm really not ..you just are)

Dear TF members....

People are hurting me and using foul language directed at me. When I was just defending myself. Please read previous posts carefully before commenting....enter thread at your own risk because of crazed people this morning.

I wasn't in anyway apologizing to you. Why would I? I said I apologized to SO. (How many times now?) You should apologize to me for calling me a fuckwit and prick.

Now you are making me demand an apology from SO for what she said about me. Which was uncalled for.

Wasn't sexist - anyone can be fat - look at what comes out of that mouth of yours when you talk about me.

By the way ...(I'm really not ..you just are)

Dear TF members....

People are hurting me and using foul language directed at me. When I was just defending myself. Please read previous posts carefully before commenting....enter thread at your own risk because of crazed people this morning.

They are not using foul language towards you because you are defending yourself.......they are directing it towards you coz you're a fuckin fanny.

S.O This is all your fault. How could you post such bad & hurtful things about me?

Ya see! you just don't get it ....first this wipes out any regrets you may have had to S O and

your shifting responibility...

if you were wrong say it ...and stand by it - like an adult

you are whimpering too much....

Ok I forgive you.Your words can not do any things to me i am a strong girl ,i understand the person like you.I guess you can't stand any words against you,If you are not like what they said why you are so upset.By the way i am not that cheap.I don't think i will let any one buy me.I am so expensive.You really need to stop yelling to peoples,it's not nice,i warning you as a friends ok.

Edited by simply_oriental

Topic is ...What's Next - Not attack Goodghost.

Disaster Confirmed. Welcome to the beginning of the end. This is the starting point.

http://www.benningtonvalepress.com/2011/05/first-disaster-of-may-21-apocalypse.html

1 I already pointed this out in my first post

2 You SPECIFICALLY said a disaster WORSE than Japan. TEN people dying in a 5.2 earthquake is NOT a disaster. It's hardly more than an incident.

3 You must be the only person HOPING for a disaster to try to give you some credibility.

4 Simply Oriental didn't 'attack' you... She defended me against your gay slurs.

5 Just winning more friends here, huh?

while i think to much like you Goodghost,You should change your name to be confuse ghost, none sens ghost ,silly ghost or whatever ghost.I read your post here and i got dizzy.i don't think it's will be the end of the world in our generation

Here's SO hurtful post again... She said you should change your name to 'silly', 'confused' or 'nonsense ghost'. She said she doesnt believe you and she gets dizzy reading your posts. She said I'm not gay.

OH MY GOD!!! How can you bear it?! She used such terrible words!!

Let's see... English Bob, Stramash, Simply Oriental, Teddy, Danno, StevieJR, Admin, JapAmerican, GoodKarma, SeaFra, Ciaran...

******* HELL! It's like a who's who of TF... And all of them think you are an idiot ONLY in THIS thread!

Between now and say a month a natural disaster or 'an extra ordinary event' wipes at least 10 000 people in one go off the face of the Earth?

OK, you slippery little bastard (and I've met your kind before in the forums...) Please explain how 10 people dead in Spain is 'Disaster confirmed', when your original 'extraordinary event' specified at least 10,000 dead? How is being wrong by a factor of 1000 anything to feel smug about?

See this is the problem with writing **** down instead of talking to other retards in the retard house. We can go back and check what you really said. And we can show it to you and rub your nose in it like we'd do if you were a puppy that just shat on the floor.

Topic is ...What's Next - Not attack Goodghost.

Disaster Confirmed. Welcome to the beginning of the end. This is the starting point.

http://www.benningtonvalepress.com/2011/05/first-disaster-of-may-21-apocalypse.html

Did you even READ your own link? I will highlight a few parts!

First Disaster of May 21 Apocalypse Hits Spain

By Bret

Spain+Earthquake.jpg

LORCA, Spain -- As Harold Camping’s eschatology theories of a May 21 apocalypse near, the first in the prophesied series of disasters has come to pass in Spain. Nations around the world extended condolences to the Spanish people over the tragedy. The extreme fundamentalist Christian followers of Harold Camping, however, were said to be thrilled with news of the incident (read the original Harold Camping article here).

A 5.2 magnitude earthquake, felt from Alicante to Madrid, destroyed several buildings on Wednesday, including a medieval church bell tower. It was the worst earthquake to hit Spain in over 50 years.

Authorities confirmed that at least ten people had died, including a 13-year-old child.

A spokesperson for Family Stations, the Christian radio network responsible for promoting the May 21 End of Days prediction, said that Harold Camping, the group’s president, was “exceedingly pleased.â€

The representative also described Camping as pleasantly surprised with the disaster, exclaiming, “Holy crap, I was right this time?â€

For continuing coverage of the planet’s last days, check the “Countdown to the End Time†section of the paper.

© 2011. All stories are works of satire and parody.