What's next?

Goodghost

The Tornadoes Of 2011: The Worst Natural Disaster In The United States Since Hurricane Katrina

The Economic Collapse

May 1, 2011

The worst natural disaster in the United States since Hurricane Katrina just happened, and many in the mainstream media are already treating it like back page news. It can be really tempting to want to talk about whatever the next “news cycle” brings us, but right now we really need to pray for those affected by “the tornadoes of 2011″. There are parts of Alabama, Mississippi and Georgia that will never, ever be the same again. Entire towns have been wiped off the map. Hundreds are dead and thousands have been seriously injured. Over a million people lost power. One of the tornadoes that ripped through the region was reported to be a mile wide. How in the world are you supposed to get away from something like that once it is on top of you? Many in the mainstream media have already acknowledged that this was the worst natural disaster in the U.S. since Hurricane Katrina took 1,800 lives back in 2005. Over and over and over, those living in the region are describing the devastation by saying that they have “never seen anything like it”. This truly was one for the history books.

The F5 tornado that ripped through the Tuscaloosa, Alabama area was reportedly so monstrous that it is still kind of difficult to believe that it was actually real. The thing was a mile wide and scientists are estimating that it had winds that exceeded 260 miles an hour.

According to National Geographic, this monster tornado may have traveled a whopping 300 miles across Alabama and Georgia.

Can you even imagine the kind of devastation that we are talking about?

It is hard to even conceive of how much damage a mile-wide F5 tornado with winds of up to 260 MPH would do as it traveled across 300 miles.

Dozens are dead and close to a thousand people are injured in the city of Tuscaloosa alone.

At this point, the city looks like a war zone. In fact, Tuscaloosa mayor Walter Maddox says that his city has been “obliterated”.

A stunned Maddox was quoted by The Telegraph as saying the following about the devastation….

“I don’t know how anyone survived,” said Mr Maddox. “It’s an amazing scene.

A state of emergency has been declared in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma and Tennessee.

But this disaster will not be “cleaned up” in a few days or a few weeks.

This was literally a history changing event for millions of people.

The last time the death toll from a tornado outbreak was this high was back in March 1932.

If you have the time, try to watch some videos of the devastation caused by these tornadoes. It is incredibly difficult to try to do the damage caused by these tornadoes justice using only words.

Stock up with Fresh Food that lasts with eFoodsDirect (AD)

he following is how an article posted on USA Today describes the devastation in the town of Smithville, Mississippi….

Powerful tornadoes swept through this northeastern Mississippi hamlet and across much of the South on Wednesday, splintering homes, shearing roofs and destroying lives. Smithville’s Town Hall was destroyed, as were the local high school, four churches and each of the town’s 14 businesses. Mattresses hung from tree branches, cars were flattened as if stepped on by giant feet, and rows of three-story pine trees snapped in half.

Do you think that Smithville will ever be the same?

Yes, the tornadoes of 2011 will be remembered for a very, very long time.

The people living in these areas deserve our prayers.

Thousands of lives have been permanently altered forever. The following is just one example that CNN reported on….

Janet Puckett stands outside what’s left of her home on 30th Avenue in Alberta. Its walls crumbled under the force of the storm. Her living room and a front bedroom disappeared. The roof of the house got sucked up, too.

“A war zone,” she says of the mountains of broken 2-by-4s and other debris all around.

How would you feel if your roof and half your house were suddenly missing?

Would you rebuild?

Would you feel safe living in the same area?

Would your life ever be the same again?

Sadly, massive tornado outbreaks seem to be happening with increasing frequency in the South.

Back on April 16th, a similar wave of very violent thunderstorms spawned approximately 140 tornadoes. During that event, 22 people were killed in the state of North Carolina.

Overall, there have been approximately 600 tornadoes in the United States during April. That is the most tornadoes that have ever been recorded in a single month.

Usually, the U.S. only experiences about 1,200 tornadoes for the entire year. So what we are seeing right now is highly unusual.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/the-tornadoes-of-2011-the-worst-natural-disaster-in-the-united-states-since-hurricane-katrina.html

March 11, 2011

05:46:23 UTC

(14:46 JST)

9.0 Mw

2011 Tōhoku earthquake

NOw read this! Posted one day before 9.0 Earthquake

http://www.indiaatnet.com/news/supermoon-may-cause-natural-disasters-next-week/

Posted on Sohail Ahmed

on March 10, 2011

There were Supermoons in 1955, 1974, 1992 and 2005, and these years had their share of extreme weather conditions, too. Although there are scientific laws that say the moon affects the Earth, it’s still ambiguous whether the lunar perigee and natural disasters is coincidence or not.

British freelance weatherman John Kettley was quoted as saying “A moon can’t cause a geological event like an earthquake, but it will cause a difference to the tide. If that combines with certain weather conditions, then that could cause a few problems for coastal areas.” ....but he was wrong.

(Time to buy EB a ring Strarmash)

I don't bet with money. (I'd hate to see you lose your monthly salary)

20,000 is chumpchange for me and currency will be worthless if anything out of the ordinary occurs. (please define clearly)

same scale or larger than Hurricane Katrina, Japan Eathquake and Tsunami, Asian Tsunami?

However if we make a pact and let members decide by putting it to a TF poll. They can suggest the appropriate award).

EXAMPLE - You kissing EB with tongue and being his boyfriend for a month or one of us deleting our profiles forever. (more ideas please)

Between now and say a month a natural disaster or 'an extra ordinary event' wipes at least 10 000 people in one go off the face of the Earth? or do you want to go full on to Dec 21st 2012? at least 1 million dead?

In my experience, people who boast about their own financial status are liars or dickwads, though in your case I suspect it's both. Not to mention your humorous (in a galaxy far far away where the evolved life is at the amoeba stage, so quite close to you) and completely uninformed 'dig' at my monthly salary. Don't you worry about my wages; they are very nice thank you, am in a job not only recession proof but which actually sees an increase in 'business' during hard times. And not only that but I at least know I contribute to society with my work. What do you contribute to the world other than verbal diarrhoea?

Ok, let's put personal gain aside, and since you don't have the courage of your deluded convictions on that challenge, let's call it 10,000 to the charity of the winner's choice.

I wasn't talking about something minor like the Japanese quake/tsunami, the tornadoes or Hurricane Katrina. You are donning your virtual 'repent; the end is nigh' boards for 21/12/12 so it has to be something REALLY major (which is what you have intimated). So let's say a death toll of 500,000 plus, from a single event, or from a series of scientifically proven linked events.

And no, no forfeits to tickle your homoerotic fantasies. If I were to switch sides, EB is just not my type (and sure the reverse is true).

So...your cojones stopped sweating yet?

Edited by Stramash

British freelance weatherman John Kettley was quoted as saying “A moon can’t cause a geological event like an earthquake, but it will cause a difference to the tide. If that combines with certain weather conditions, then that could cause a few problems for coastal areas.” ....but he was wrong.

(Time to buy EB a ring Strarmash)

For someone who claims a University education (an online one perhaps? Or a degree that qualifies you to ask people if they want to 'supersize their meal') you do come across as particularly stupid. You quote and link to non scientific websites with all the credibility of Sarah Palin on meth.

Man has been on Earth for around 200-250,000 years. The Earth is around 4.5 Billion years old (so still around 1.5 billion years from the estimated half way point of the sun's life). We are nothing but a dust speck on this planet's history. That 200-25000 years has seen ice ages, volcanic eruptions that make even the worst one of the modern era seem like a barbecue, earthquakes of unimaginable intensity, meteorite strikes, tsunamis etc etc etc. Our weather cycles and tectonic activity has been fairly stable since the last mini ice age. The recent (and still to come) natural disasters are exactly that; natural...and cyclical. The most likely, and cataclysmic, natural disaster waiting to happen is Yellowstone. Depending on which group of scientists you listen to, an eruption is anywhere between 40,000 years overdue, or could happen sometime in the next 20,000. The San Andreas fault having a major 'event' is also another possibility, and again one that could be cataclysmic. But both natural; non occult based, non alien influence, non government plot, non party of the Elves, non Illuminati ordered.

While on the micro scale any natural disaster that results in loss of life is tragic, on the macro scale of Earth history, geology and the bigger picture (by this I mean, some form of die back of our own species may be advantageous) they are nothing; inconsequential and have little meaning.

I am sure that had you been a peasant in the middle ages (and sure you would have been a revolting peasant.) you would have had garlic on your door frame, held up the sign of the horned god to ward off evil and would have accused poor old Mother Lumpjaw of being a witch and made sure she was thoroughly burnt at the stake.

But this is the age of science and information. And unfortunately, as with anything of progress, you will have the doubters, the unbelievers and the just plain stupid.

Please return to your village asap; it's really missing its idiot.

Edited by Stramash

For someone who claims a University education (an online one perhaps? Or a degree that qualifies you to ask people if they want to 'supersize their meal') you do come across as particularly stupid. You quote and link to non scientific websites with all the credibility of Sarah Palin on meth.

Man has been on Earth for around 200-250,000 years. The Earth is around 4.5 Billion years old (so still around 1.5 billion years from the estimated half way point of the sun's life). We are nothing but a dust speck on this planet's history. That 200-25000 years has seen ice ages, volcanic eruptions that make even the worst one of the modern era seem like a barbecue, earthquakes of unimaginable intensity, meteorite strikes, tsunamis etc etc etc. Our weather cycles and tectonic activity has been fairly stable since the last mini ice age. The recent (and still to come) natural disasters are exactly that; natural...and cyclical. The most likely, and cataclysmic, natural disaster waiting to happen is Yellowstone. Depending on which group of scientists you listen to, an eruption is anywhere between 40,000 years overdue, or could happen sometime in the next 20,000. The San Andreas fault having a major 'event' is also another possibility, and again one that could be cataclysmic. But both natural; non occult based, non alien influence, non government plot, non party of the Elves, non Illuminati ordered.

While on the micro scale any natural disaster that results in loss of life is tragic, on the macro scale of Earth history, geology and the bigger picture (by this I mean, some form of die back of our own species may be advantageous) they are nothing; inconsequential and have little meaning.

I am sure that had you been a peasant in the middle ages (and sure you would have been a revolting peasant.) you would have had garlic on your door frame, held up the sign of the horned god to ward off evil and would have accused poor old Mother Lumpjaw of being a witch and made sure she was thoroughly burnt at the stake.

But this is the age of science and information. And unfortunately, as with anything of progress, you will have the doubters, the unbelievers and the just plain stupid.

Please return to your village asap; it's really missing its idiot.

Very, very well said. appl.gif

Undearest Starmash and EB ...

Sure, I've seen people like you before - but I had to pay an admission...

Hi there, I'm a human being! What are you?

I've seen more life in a down and out's vest.

You're red shirt goes well with your eyes...

Save your breath...You'll need it to blow up your date.

Shouldn't you have a license for being that ugly?

Calling you an idiot would be an insult to all the stupid people.

Folk clap when they see you...but they clap their hands over their eyes.

You're about as much use as a Betamax videorecorder

All day I thought of you....I was at the zoo.

I'd love to ask how old you are, but unfortunately I know you can't count that high.

You should learn from your parents mistakes - try using some birth control.

Next time you shave, try standing an inch or two closer to the blade.

You got a face only a mother could love...unfortunately she too hates it!

I heard that you went to the haunted house and they offered you a job.

Listen, are you always this stupid or are you just making a special effort today?

Sure, I'd love to help you out...now, which way did you come in?

Anybody who told you to be yourself simply couldn't have given you worse advice...

I heard you were so cool that you began teaching remedial classes at Cucumber college.

Well, they do say opposites attact...so I sincerely hope you meet somebody who is attractive, honest, intelligent, and cultured.

I heard that you changed your mind. So, what did you do with the diaper?

Why don't you slip into something more comfortable...like a coma.

You started at the bottom...and it's been downhill ever since!

I heard that you were a Ladykiller. They take one look at you and die of shock.

I know what sign you were born under...'RED LIGHT DISTRICT'

Fears grow as flooding worsens in multiple US states

(Reuters) - The rising Mississippi river lapped over downtown Memphis streets on Thursday as a massive wall of water threatened to unleash near record flooding all the way to the Gulf of Mexico.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13314643

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/05/us-flooding-idUSTRE74462I20110505?feedType=RSS

I have feeling something much worse is coming after May 19th because of the recent solar flare.

to be sure ! sometime after May 19th SOMETHING much worse will happen ...

just what or when who knows

Big Muddy floods out portions of its banks every few years (those tornados dumped alot of rain, just like Thailands flooding) Fargo North Dakota has had to deal with several years this decade ( large snowfalls followed by quick melts in the Spring ...that is part of the natural conditions of this region.

...get a grip man!

I have feeling something much worse is coming after May 19th because of the recent solar flare.

Here we go again...

Much research has been conducted now over many decades in an attempt to link sunspots or other forms of solar activity to the weather. The subject is often extremely popular with the media. Countless hours have been spent in trying to convince the world that droughts or floods are the consequence of an unprecedented outburst of solar fury. Unfortunately, for each paper published showing a relationship between the floods of some year and sunspots, there can usually be found a contradictory paper showing either no relationship of perhaps a relationship between sunspots and a drought of the same year. Some scientists believe there may be a small connection between weather disturbances and solar activity. Still others believe there is very little connection. The reason why many scientists have difficulty accepting that solar activity has a major affect on our weather is very simple. Even a large solar eruption (either a coronal mass ejection or a flare) - although a gigantic explosion by Earth standards - only releases an amount of energy comparable to what the whole sun emits in a few seconds. In other words, solar activity is only a very small variation of the total solar output. Much larger variations in the received sunlight at the Earth's surface are due to the Earth's tilt and its elliptical orbit.

, a statement by the eminent Australian meteorologist Barrie Pittock should be borne in mind:

"there is at present little or no convincing evidence of statistically significant or practically useful correlations between sunspot cycles and weather or climate on intermediate time scales. This conclusion seems justified despite massive literature on the subject ... evidence suggests that if ... more data and better analyses ... succeed in verifying ... significant relationships, they will ... account for so little of the total variance in the meteorological record as to be of little practical value."

(http://www.ips.gov.au/Educational/1/3/13)

You do love your pseudo science/science myths don't you?

Here we go again...

, a statement by the eminent Australian meteorologist Barrie Pittock should be borne in mind:

"there is at present little or no convincing evidence of statistically significant or practically useful correlations between sunspot cycles and weather or climate on intermediate time scales. This conclusion seems justified despite massive literature on the subject ... evidence suggests that if ... more data and better analyses ... succeed in verifying ... significant relationships, they will ... account for so little of the total variance in the meteorological record as to be of little practical value."

(http://www.ips.gov.au/Educational/1/3/13)

You do love your pseudo science/science myths don't you?

I do because what has happened and what will happen

Firstly he works for the government and secondly he's Australian. (http://www.ips.gov.au/Educational/1/3/13)

@Danno things are much more severe now wouldn't you agree? This isn't a regular weather pattern or cycle.

@Danno things are much more severe now wouldn't you agree? This isn't a regular weather pattern or cycle.

It's actually very regular depending on how far back you look, and could even be considered very mild if you look back as far as scientific data goes. This is a mere fart in the pool (a few days after cinco de mayo).

I do because what has happened and what will happen

Firstly he works for the government and secondly he's Australian. (http://www.ips.gov.au/Educational/1/3/13)

Ah I forgot the inferiority complex you thick Kiwis have with your Antipodean cousins. That was just one link. Do some investigation for a change instead of reading sensationalist **** with no credibility. You open your mouth and let verbal diarrhoea spew forth. You have the IQ and personality of amoebic dysentery and offer little to this planet. I would rather suffer 6 hours of piped Justin Bieber music than have to be in the same city...no country...no continent as you.

To paraphrase the late great Bill Hicks;

By the way if anyone here is called Goodghost and believes in UFOs, solar flares affecting weather, the Mayan prophecies or Government conspiracies on everything... kill yourself.

No, no, no it's just a little thought. I'm just trying to plant seeds. Maybe one day, they'll take root - I don't know. You try, you do what you can. Kill yourself.

Seriously though, if you are, do.

Aaah, no really, there's no rationalisation for what you do and you are Satan's little helper. Okay - kill yourself - seriously. You are the ruiner of all things good, seriously. No this is not a joke, you're going, "there's going to be a joke coming," there's no ******* joke coming. You are Satan's spawn filling the world with bile and garbage. You are f**ked and you are ******* us. Kill yourself. It's the only way to save your ******* soul, kill yourself.

Edited by Stramash

Disasters and events -first four months of 2011

Earthquake magnitude 6.9 Argentina-January 1

Earthquake magnitude 5.2 - Southern XinJiang, China-January 1

Earthquake 7.1 magnitude Chile-January 2

More Than 1,000 Dead Birds Fall From Sky in Arkansas-January 2

Dead fish cover 20-mile section of Arkansas River-January 2

Uganda yellow fever outbreak kills more than 40-January 3

Earthquake Near Japan Triggers Tsunami Warning-January 3

Powerful earthquake hits south-east Iran-January 3

Earthquake 7.0 magnitude hits northern Argentina-January 3

Hundreds of dead blackbirds found in Louisiana-January 3

10,000s of Birds found dead in Manitoba-January 3

Thousands of Birds fall from the sky in South America-January 3

Major Flood in Rockhampto,Australia-January 3

Dead Birds Found In Kentucky-January 4

100 tons of dead fish wash up on Brazil's shores-January 4

Hundreds of dead birds found in East Texas-January 5

Dead birds in Sweden, millions of dead fish in Maryland, Brazil and New Zealand-January 5

Shift of Earth's magnetic north pole affects Tampa airport-January 5

40,000 crabs found dead on England beaches-January 6

Heavy floods leave at least 35 dead in Brazil-January 6

Earthquake 4.5 magnitude in California-January 12

Huge Waves Destroy Homes in E. Indonesia-January 12

Thousands of marine animals found dead in MATO GROSSO DO SUL/AMAZON Region-Febuary 4

Magnitude 6.3 earthquake- SOUTH ISLAND OF NEW ZEALAND-Febuary 21

Thousands of dead fish have washed up at Sebastian Inlet State Park Florida-Febuary

Millions of small fish including anchovies, sardines and mackerel were found dead at King Harbour area at Redondo Beach, California-March

Magnitude 8.9 earthquake and tsunami devastating Japan-March 11

40ft section of California Highway falls into Pacific Ocean-March 16

Magnitude 3.5 earthquake - OFFSHORE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA-March 17

Magnitude 6.5 earthquake- Vanuatu- March 17

Magnitude 7.0 earthquake strikes northeastern Burma-March 23

Magnitude 6.8 earthquake hits Myanmar, Thailand-March 23

Magnitude 6.4 earthquake off the coast of Japan-March 25

Thousands of dead fish wash up in Florida-March 25

Hundreds of dead fish found in Midland,Texas-March 26

Hundreds of dead fish and frogs in Marquette Lagoon-April 1

Magnitude 5.4 earthquake in South Sandwich Islands Region-April 1

Magnitude 6.4 earthquake Fiji-April 3

Magnitude 6.7 earthquake in South of Java,Indonesia-April 3

Magnitude 6.5 earthquake hits Veracruz,Mexico-April 7

Dead birds fall into Kansas yard-April 8

Magnitude 7.4 earthquake hits shore of Japan-April 7

Dead fish found in Cedar Creek, Texas-April 10

Magnitude 6.5 and 6.2 earthquakes hit eastern Japan-April 11

Dead fish float up in 36 lakes in the state of Connecticut-April

Deadly Tornadoes hit N. Carolina and Virginia, at least 47 dead-April 16

Thousands of dead fish are hauled away in Lakeside,NY-April 27

A massive thunderstorm front spawned 137 tornadoes, killed at least 180 people, and mangled sections of Tuscaloosa, Birmingham, and Huntsville, Alabama-April

Dead fish wash up in San Tan Heights pond-May

Deadly Tornado hits Albany, New Zealand, at least 1 death-May 3

Dead fish found in Valsad district of south Gujarat-May 3,4

and now Mississippi flooding now size of Italy

Out of all the people and animals dead why can't Stramash be one of them?

Edited by Goodghost

There are an average of 1656 earthquakes a year of magnitude 5 or greater - that is 138 PER MONTH, so the list of earthquakes on your doomsday list are, for the most part, as inconsequential as the rest of the uninformed shite you spout.

Weather conditions are cyclical, nothing weird or biblical or anything else, so stop flogging a dead horse.

And there have always been 'suspicious' deaths in the animal world; the Amazon 'event' was due to burn off from logging operations getting into the water table and even if some are left 'unexplained' that does not mean there is anything weird about them.

What is unexplained is why your daddy didn't wear a condom when he was shooting his defective jizz into his sister's tummy, or why they didn't abort you at any point up till you were 18.

You are a totally retarded cock who lacks credibility, originality, common sense, an iota of intelligence, personality, wit, charm, likeability or in fact any positive attributes whatsoever. Your place in life is around 3 or 4 places on the evolutionary ladder below dog shite on a shoe and the gene pool would probably throw a massive party when your retarded spermatozoa was removed from the list of possible donors to future generations (your sexuality irrelevant here)

Go on; find a nice exhaust pipe somewhere. Stick the engine on, and run a hose into the car. Sit back and think of the good you are doing. It's meant to be painless, which is certainly more than a nubbock like you deserves...

Oh I forgot worst ever flooding in Thailand 1 million affected and dead penguins found in South Island New Zealand last month.

OH ****!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT A DEAD PENGUIN!!!!!!!!

maybe the seals got the penguins once they'd killed Bin Laden...

Edited by Stramash

The Department of Conservation is staying tight-lipped over the deaths of a group of penguins on the East Coast.

At least 14 have been found washed up along Waihau Bay.

Anti-oil protesters claim seismic testing in the Raukumara Basin is to blame.

DOC is choosing to stay out of the debate until it knows for certain the cause of death.

It said there was a range of reasons why they could have died, and will not comment until test results have come back.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10722739

mmmmm....seismic testing in the Raukumara Basin? Could that be the cause of 7000+ earthquakes that have ravaged Christchurch???

Few know of this seismic testing and its effects on the environment...

The Department of Conservation is staying tight-lipped .... I wonder why? I'm onto something here.