Where do ladyboys go when they get older?

Sean_D

Come on....it doesn't take a rocket scientist now does it....!!!! :P I cannot be bothered logging on via proxy each time, and have told a few people......A couple of mods included....so if you didn't know then, I would be very surprised, the MOD Forum on me makes for interesting reading, nothing very imaginative there.

:twisted:

I think you flatter yourself too much :).

A lot of them are not in the sex industry and are those who truly want to be a woman. I think they just get older as the rest of us do. We don't see them becuase they're not out on Sukhumvit or Silom at 11pm every night. If you saw one in Robinson's or on the BTS, you might not notice them so much. I know one who works at a restaurant on Patpong and possibly one of the ugliest (but nicest) people you'd ever see. But she's happily married to a happy Thai man. At around 50 years old, she's probably one of the few at her age leading the way for what is certainly a larger population of ladyboys following her.

Based on the current group of 20-ish year old ladyboys who ARE working in the sex industry that you see around town, I'd say that most of them are 'pre-op' and won't be cutting off what they were born with. When I pass by these types, most of them say "I've got a big one for you" and/or "I can shag you long time", blah blah blah.

At the end of the day, if they don't want to be an old ladyboy anymore, they can reverse the *** job and become a man in society again. I don't know if that happens a lot, but for those who find out that it's too hard to be a 30 or 40 year old man trying to be a 30 or 40 year old woman, it is one option.

having seen one or two ladyboys past their "ripe" prime...I must say Its of no relevance to me where they go...rather I'm just grateful they do indeed "go"

imagine a dried out prune...with lipstick...

anyway....not to be nasty...and I celebrate everyone rights to be who they want to be..brings colour to the world (sadly in this case neon pink)...but I think once they not even attracting so called "unsuspecting" british football louts anymore.....they deflate the bags and perhaps become good old camp 40 year old gay "men"

having seen one or two ladyboys past their "ripe" prime...I must say Its of no relevance to me where they go...rather I'm just grateful they do indeed "go"

imagine a dried out prune...with lipstick...

anyway....not to be nasty...and I celebrate everyone rights to be who they want to be..brings colour to the world (sadly in this case neon pink)...but I think once they not even attracting so called "unsuspecting" british football louts anymore.....they deflate the bags and perhaps become good old camp 40 year old gay "men"

now there's a no-nonsense, politically incorrect, non-sensitive, honest response to the question at hand......finally!

This is from an anthropologist based in the region who studies human sexuality:

"A survey done by **** said a proportion (I forget how many) become men again when they are older. These would not be those who had extensive sex change surgery. Others from the North go home, hang out at wats and become helpers, but basically do nothing. Others actually pass completely into a female role, some married, some starting small businesses, street stall sellers, hair dressers, or bartenders, etc. Some die-in fact, many from AIDS. Older katoey do exist in the tourist spots however and in my studies, we have interviewed several.

"Farang see younger ones for the same reasons they see mostly younger female and male sex workers. Sex work, like athletics, is pretty much an age-limited pursuit. Older ones ,ake little money and open small shops or work at other things."

Come to think of it, I have seen a couple of older katoey working in the cosmetics department at Emporium. I'm not sure how old, not easy to judge, but my guess is late 30s, perhaps even 40. Not sure. But rarely spot them anyplace else, and can't recall seeing any in their 50, 60s, etc. Then again, there's no particular reason for to me remember them if I had seen them.

Come to think of it, I have seen a couple of older katoey working in the cosmetics department at Emporium. I'm not sure how old, not easy to judge, but my guess is late 30s, perhaps even 40. Not sure. But rarely spot them anyplace else, and can't recall seeing any in their 50, 60s, etc. Then again, there's no particular reason for to me remember them if I had seen them.

I'm not sure if there are 'a couple' of them but I always see that one particular one at an Emporium cosmetics stall who's actually quite a bit of a celebrity in Thailand. I can't remember his/her name, but he/she's on TV quite often, giving make-up tips and the like. Must be forty-ish. I'm sure most TV -watching and paper-reading Thais would know the name

I'm not sure if there are 'a couple' of them but I always see that one particular one at an Emporium cosmetics stall who's actually quite a bit of a celebrity in Thailand. I can't remember his/her name, but he/she's on TV quite often, giving make-up tips and the like. Must be forty-ish. I'm sure most TV -watching and paper-reading Thais would know the name

There is also another famous one:

Khru Lilly

The Thai-teaching Kathoey. She easily in her 40s and just about every Thai knows her. I think she's on tv.

• 5 years later...

What a pity that none of the older lady-boys have come in to speak for themselves ... at least not that I'm aware of. Not that I blame them. Some you in here seem like nice, decent folk. Others are hissing vipers. Ever heard of "live and let live"? There was nothing wrong with the original posted question but some of the comments that followed like, "I don't know where they go but I'm glad they just go.", say more about the speaker than the subject. You are going to be old and wrinkled someday too, and me not being of the saintly variety I wish you all the best loneliness has to offer. You suck!

What a pity that none of the older lady-boys have come in to speak for themselves ... at least not that I'm aware of. Not that I blame them. Some you in here seem like nice, decent folk. Others are hissing vipers. Ever heard of "live and let live"? There was nothing wrong with the original posted question but some of the comments that followed like, "I don't know where they go but I'm glad they just go.", say more about the speaker than the subject. You are going to be old and wrinkled someday too, and me not being of the saintly variety I wish you all the best loneliness has to offer. You suck!

i would suspect there r not too many "older" females on TF .... i would guess (can't be f**king arsed checking) that most of the olders members (snigger) r male !!

• 1 year later...

It's actually quite an interesting topic, and the suggestion that they die off from diseases from high risk intercourse is pretty sad, but I don't buy it, although it may apply to many. Why? Because a huge amount of ladyboys in this country work in various more reputable professions and are not the same kind of people as the slags you see on the corner of Soi Nana, etc. I asked someone this question once, and was told that once they age too much, they usually quietly adopt a male appearance again. However, when I was in Koh Chang, I went out with a bunch of local friends I made there, and we had dinner with a ladyboy who was at least 50. 'She' had grey hair, receding a lot at the temples, but was still an attractive and interesting person, although her beauty was clearly gone - from memory, she was an accountant on the island. I know a lot of guys are paranoid about them, but outside of the prostitution areas, there a lot of Thai ladyboys who live professional and successful lives, and they are often placid, intelligent and very nice people.

It's actually quite an interesting topic, and the suggestion that they die off from diseases from high risk intercourse is pretty sad, but I don't buy it, although it may apply to many. Why? Because a huge amount of ladyboys in this country work in various more reputable professions and are not the same kind of people as the slags you see on the corner of Soi Nana, etc. I asked someone this question once, and was told that once they age too much, they usually quietly adopt a male appearance again. However, when I was in Koh Chang, I went out with a bunch of local friends I made there, and we had dinner with a ladyboy who was at least 50. 'She' had grey hair, receding a lot at the temples, but was still an attractive and interesting person, although her beauty was clearly gone - from memory, she was an accountant on the island. I know a lot of guys are paranoid about them, but outside of the prostitution areas, there a lot of Thai ladyboys who live professional and successful lives, and they are often placid, intelligent and very nice people.

Hey. Speak for yourself!

• 9 years later...