dating black men

terry1976

I have been on this site for almost two years and I just want to know why is it that alot of Thai women here do not like black males, what is it about black men that you find unattractive. I am not trying to say that all Thai women are like that because I was married to a Thai it just seems that there is misconception about us black men I would love to hear what it is that you do not like maybe I can help you to understand more about us and clear up some myths about my culture good and bad

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being about as white as one can get....hard for me to offer a real oppinion...however...in most asian cultures, .......

you know what?....I really don't know either.....i've been here for almost 3 years and I hear statements of prejudice all the time.....usually in reference to darker skinned indian men ...african american men seems less so....is it a lack of exposure and/or contact? simple ignorance? probably yes? rather than some "hate" based reason....

One day I and my sister we took taxi to Nana and we were looking at one shop on Nana road then there is one black guy walk to us and should to us " What are you looking?" without reason , lucky we are in taxi so he cannot do anything more than shout to us and I really want to ask what is wrong with black guy?

with the exception of lizardo who i think has some personal problems that he needs to get off his chest. these are very intresting replies. TIKO I would like to first apoligize for that guy not all black people are like that. By the way for those who made comments about the uniform, say whatever you want but understand this I was proud to serve for my country i don't comment about your dress please lets keep it adult and don't comment on my uniform stick to the topic

with the exception of lizardo who i think has some personal problems that he needs to get off his chest. these are very intresting replies. TIKO I would like to first apoligize for that guy not all black people are like that. By the way for those who made comments about the uniform, say whatever you want but understand this I was proud to serve for my country i don't comment about your dress please lets keep it adult and don't comment on my uniform stick to the topic

terry...you've no need to appologize...I'm sure there are plenty of stories of white guys mistaking girls on soi nana as hookers.....it's no different than every time I turn down a taxi driver, he automatically assumes i must then want a massage. Both are part of life in bangkok and have noithing to do with prejudice...at least not in a racist nature.

(the uniform is a little YMCA though!...lol)

Again this is not about me it is about black people in general. Angel_Abi and if you read my whole post you will see that I was married to a thai woman and if you think i am not attractive then thats fine but once again stick to the topic

advice to newbie: keeping people "on topic" ain't gonna happen. get used to it.

stolls off into the sunset humming "Y.M.C.A. I want to be at the Y.M.C.A" (for example)

Viggop:

You're missing the point? The question was is there any reason that Thai ladys not to like or date Black men? Has nothing to do with being poor, or rich enough to stay shaded from the sun! Answer the question please.........

did you read past his first sentence...or is your attention span limited to nipple shots of fat girls?

Punisher:

I was only passing this on, because I heard this from a few Thai ladies......I don't think they were bullshitting me........of course this maybe in the minority for any thoughts? You are taking this as a general statment, where are all the Thai ladies on this issue? I don't see too many on this issue, are they just too shy or just scared to give an opinion? :D

We all know how much Thai people worship white skin, right? Well it makes sense that this is at least part of the reason they are not so often attracted to black men.

On the other hand, I have 2 black male friends who both have lovely Thai partners.

Re Indians, a Thai female friend of mine just told me they smelt bad. While I think this is a broad generalisation, most gag reflexes I have on the BTS are from strong smelling men who appear to be of Indian origin. One word: Nivea.

An interesting story which I was told just last week. A girl was saying good bye to her farang B/f at On Nut BTS. A black man walked past and stared at her. In the train he attempted to start up a conversation, and then proceeded to pull her off the BTS kicking and screaming. On lookers thought is was just a domestic and so typically did not intervene. She managed to escape and and spent the next hour hiding in a womens toilet crying and waiitng for her B/f to come and get her. This girl was at our Anniversary party by the way. While this is just one isolated case, it only serves to reinforce any negative racial stereo types that exist. While I disagree with many aspects of the current immigration crack down, if it gets people like this (of ALL nationalities) out of Thailand, the rest of us foreigners might have a chance to improve out reputation and standing in Thai society (you may slap me know to wake me form my dream).

Punisher:

I was only passing this on, because I heard this from a few Thai ladies......I don't think they were bullshitting me........of course this maybe in the minority for any thoughts? You are taking this as a general statment, where are all the Thai ladies on this issue? I don't see too many on this issue, are they just too shy or just scared to give an opinion? :D

A wild stab in the dark here but.......mabey just mabey they were telling you this to make u feel better about yourself!!

Amazing what $$$$$ can make people say

Shoot me if i am generalising or passing on this, or even if I am way off the mark