Bakseeda

Yeah.. i do not have time to read any of the replies to my posts... got to go back to work... yes.. in Thailand... why do I work here? Because I like it... no where is perfect.. everywhere has its own unique set of problems etc... I just said all this sh*t to stir things up.. and I was bored at lunch time..

I do NOT endorse this product,place,event,chat,forum and or human circus event.

AND if it doesn't have siamese twins in a jar.. it is not a fair.... I do not care what you say marge.....

so i have a question, in case you bother to show up again. are your arms folded in all those pics because you truly believe you are superior, or just tucked in so you can fit further up your own ass?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah.. i do not have time to read any of the replies to my posts... got to go back to work... yes.. in Thailand... why do I work here? Because I like it... no where is perfect.. everywhere has its own unique set of problems etc... I just said all this sh*t to stir things up.. and I was bored at lunch time..

AND if it doesn't have siamese twins in a jar.. it is not a fair.... I do not care what you say marge.....

so i have a question, in case you bother to show up again. are your arms folded in all those pics because you truly believe you are superior, or just tucked in so you can fit further up your own ass?

ho ho ho ha ha ha ho ho ho... i like that :lol:

well .. i think i am superior BECAUSE I can fit my arms that far up my own arse.. And am trying to start a trend doing it.. Are you for real... obviously I at no point paid any attention to the posts on this or any other forum.. like I said.. I was bored and the forum was pointed out to me by a mate..(I only have 1) I really don't think you got the point.. but feel free to keep trying..

Oh and was that really the best abuse you could think of???? Shame on you for being so boring, and shame on me for not providing you with enough material to work with... So maybe you can try again.. this time PLEASE abuse me with a bit of style and or flare...try thinking a bit first... I mean here are some good starting points............ nah... too easy.. thanks anyway whatever you are.. i had a good giggle..

I am sorry .. I fired off my reply to this before... and then I thought... I will look at yr profile... gee a guy with NO pictures of himself at all on his profile( many pix of cats, u trying to be cute or sensitive? why so many) decides to use apearance as a basis of his abuse..hmmmm what does that say? AND again... that really was a LAME attempt at it.. but hey nice cat pics...lol... you really told me off then... now try again..

The 'Ohh those sick buffalo stories' topic highlights how devious Thai people can be.

Dealing with people whose culture accepts lying to save face and to avoid confrontation is very difficult.

The initial post in my particular situation was very relevant.

I have to deal with it much more in Thailand and fired a girl on Monday because of her lies.

It is not acceoptable in a business environment where lies and lack of confrontation cost my company money.

As an aside I find the Thais to be very loyal to each other. The same cannot be said for us here enjoying the ambience of the country. I'm really disappointed we continue to bad mouth each other instead of adding anything meaningful to the debate.

In my experience Thai people lie much more than any other culture I've had the good fortune to work in.

Its not suprising that the Thai people who have contributed so far have failed to accept or agree that their culture finds it acceptable to lie.

Dear Farang, If you are unhappy with us, Thai , PLEASE get the f**k out of Thailand and go back to wherever you came from. Take my advice for the sake of the sin.

I remember someone being very critical about danish immigration law. Now should we tell you to stay the f*ck out of Denmark because of your criticism ?

With due respect, that is an unfair comparison.

I mean the original poster of this thread was clearly suggesting it is part of the cultural identity of Thais to "lie" and he wanted to know WHY?

Clearly to suggest this trait "the propensity to lie" as uniquely a Thai identity is really offensive to all THAIS!!

If I was Thai, I would be telling him where to get off too!!!!

Furthermore, he did not present any empirical evidence to back up his claim.

And although I have not read the other poster's criticism of the danish government immigration law, I doubt she would have suggested or implied that all Danes were "culturally" against immigration - I mean just being critical of the government of the day is a sport which we all engage in from time to time - wouldn't you say?

Everybody lies sometimes but I would genuinly like to know (preferbbly from a Thai person) why do Thai people lie so much?

Has it got to do with the culture? :shock:

The Religion? :shock:

Loosing Face? :oops:

Being Sneaky? 8)

Just something I would like to clear up as it would make my life 100 times easier!!!

You shouldn't say Thai people :evil:

I am sorry .. I fired off my reply to this before... and then I thought... I will look at yr profile... gee a guy with NO pictures of himself at all on his profile( many pix of cats, u trying to be cute or sensitive? why so many) decides to use apearance as a basis of his abuse..hmmmm what does that say? AND again... that really was a LAME attempt at it.. but hey nice cat pics...lol... you really told me off then... now try again..

oh how cool is this? A new witty person who earns money in Thailand and can look down his exceptionally big nose at everyone here whilst dropping some awesome material. At the expense of repeating myself again.....

Prize c*nt :lol:

And as if to prove that everyone lies do you REALLY expect us to believe you have a mate? You do know that your own reflection doesn't count right? :shock:

cool.. this is much better abuse... a little short.. but stil better... I lie all the time.. thai people never lie.. I think they are lovely. I love everyone on this wonderful planet...oh and my nose is huge.. not exceptionally big..and yes my material was ok.. not witty but ok..and who said i earn any money.. I work non-profit.. cos i not believe in money dude.. no really.. i was just bored.. no need to take offence or start name calling and poking fun at anothers looks...

I am ugly.. I like it..and i am fat and old.. but no you are right.. TAKE this seriuously... if it makes you feel better.. ummm where do i get my ***** prize? or is that me?.. did you find any of this at all funny? even a little. I assure you I am not looking down my nose at you or anyone else... If that is the way it seemed.. I truly do apologise... this was not my intention.. Tatt2guy I would like to be yr friend,.... can't we just get along... please babycakes...

I dare to claim that lying to save face is more prevalent in thailand than in western cultures. That's not to say thai people lie more than others, they just look at it differently and don't see it as a major negative thing as we might. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm under the impression that a lie is often seen in thailand as lesser evil than confrontation. Hence they lie with good intentions - to avoid something seen as being worse than a lie.

fair enough, but i dare to claim that lying for personal gain is more prevalent in western cultures than in thailand. a key difference being more often than not when a thai lies to save face, the listener knows it's a lie and takes it as "none of your business" or "i dont want to answer."

my impression overall is that thais are a) less confrontational B) more groupish and c) once you subtract out bargirls and people who SPECIFICALLY make their living preying on tourists, thais lie far less often for personal gain than westerners.

i would, however, say that thais and westerners probably lie to themselves an equal amount, but most likely about different things.

I'm not out to judge anyone. I'm just saying that I do not subscribe to the concept of "Yes I lied to you but I did it to not to hurt you"

i'd agree with that with the caveat that one has to be able to 'read it' when it's clearly an evasion or a dodge.

IMHO one should find a person with similar morals about lies, or acceptable levels of dishonesty, put it as you wish. The sad truth however is that though many people grant themselves the occasional lies with their companion, they don't accept the same level of dishonesty from him/her.

very true. they almost invariably, however BELIEVE they're as honest as they'd expect from a partner. i remain convinced that people lie to themselves more often than they lie to anyone else. (google "confabulation" and keep digging until you see some interesting scientific studies).

If you are going to lie, ask yourself do you accept to be lied to too. If not, then don't lie. Simple. Treat people the way you want them to treat you.

again, with the caveat that you're unlikely to find asians as confrontational as westerners, and you might have to learn to 'read' when you're supposed to know something is an evasive maneuver rather than a lie as such. if one can't deal with that then perhaps one might either a) move to a country where people are more confrontational, or B) get really, really really really lucky in choosing your mate.

well .. i think i am superior BECAUSE I can fit my arms that far up my own arse.. And am trying to start a trend doing it..

impressive. have to learn that one since, according to you, i've already got my head up my ass.

Are you for real... obviously I at no point paid any attention to the posts on this or any other forum.. like I said.. I was bored and the forum was pointed out to me by a mate..(I only have 1) I really don't think you got the point.. but feel free to keep trying..

which point, the point that you were on a windup? yeah, got it thanks.

Oh and was that really the best abuse you could think of???? Shame on you for being so boring, and shame on me for not providing you with enough material to work with... So maybe you can try again.. this time PLEASE abuse me with a bit of style and or flare...try thinking a bit first... I mean here are some good starting points............ nah... too easy.. thanks anyway whatever you are.. i had a good giggle..

here you are asking me to try again yet you managed to devote several responses to one sarcastic joke. so mr. critic, when do *you* trot out the style and 'flare' (sic)?

dazzle me sunshine. so far you've shown a lotta claim yet no game.

so THAT is the result when you "thought" instead of firing off your reply? brilliant, absolutely brilliaint.

riiight. you're a real prizewinner when it comes to logic and argument aren't you. i rip your feeble "argument" to shreds, and you completely ignore it.

i take the piss out of you, merely returning the favor for your post insinuating i had my head up my ass, and you devote TWO posts to pissing and moaning about it.

not only that, you

a) play amateur psychologist (hey dr fraud i mean freud, ever think maybe, just maybe i'm not trying to be "cute or sensitive" but just happen to like cats? no, that's way to simple innit, back to ze analysis)

B) claim you "won" whatever pissing contest you started, emphasizing the alleged "lameness" of my comment, while not offering up anything but cliche after cliche dragged kicking and screaming from whatever mausoleum you keep them in as a response,

c) claim to be upset at the "abuse" i heaped on you, you went scurrying to my profile looking for ammo; i haven't even looked at yours. you claim i abused you about your appearance, when i merely pointed out that you are posed the same in the thumbnail pictures on your forum posts. actually if it's "abuse" I merely returned YOUR "abuse" in a slightly less hackneyed form.

d) basically heap ad hominem fallacy upon ad hominem fallacy so you can evade accountability for the tripe you passed off as reasoning, and any response to anything with any real content.

:cry: POOR YOU! YOU"VE BEEN ABUSED!! :cry:

have a tissue, press your skirt and have a good cry.

You voiced strong criticism about Denmark and I happen to agree with your criticism. You had a point. But the person who started this thread has a point too. He might have not been very thoughtful in presenting it though, I do agree with that.

But to suggest that whoever voices an opinion you might not like and happens to be a foreigner should just "get the f*ck out" is just being racist.

if you can't see the hypocrisy in what you said here, your'e lying to yourself.

For me that attitude spells racism and I have little or no tolerance for that. Hence I said what I said and I stand by it 100%.

actually you do have some tolerance for it, look at your comments about the original poster not being "very thoughtful" and how they come right before you accuse periboa of racism.

funny how the "not very thoughtful" comments of the OP offended a LOT more people, both farrang and thai, than the "racism" of periboa.