GOD Fearing????

WarmSoju

What do you prefer?  

210 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer?

• God Fearing
    • God Loving

I noticed thru reading some of the profiles the some ppl were seeking partners who were "GOD fearing". What's up with that? Shouldn't it be God loving?

God fearing...sounds threatening doesn't it? It's a term I have heard get thrown around but never was sold on the idea. I understand that many religions install fear into people as form of control in this out of control world but I doubt God would be so vengeful. But then it's upto your interpretations I guess.

I like to think that God loves all and never judges us. Just pure energy of love where closer you get the better you understand and feel God, Love, and Spirit.

What do you all think?

hey hey hey!!!

I think it's not cool to talk about "GOD" or religions on here... You know people have different attitutes and thoughts and this might lead to "serious arguement"

There are something we shouldn't discuss; politic, religion, and beauty queen. Because there is less than 10% that everybody will agree with the same thing.

i'm serious :?

well life would be really boring if we all had tha same attitudes or agreed or everything.

and if we didn't talk about politics and religion and sex we wouldn't have much to talk about.

but i do get worried when ppl start quoting the Old Testament ..it is a book, a fairy story, it isn't true to life i don't want to shatter ppl's illusions but adam and eve is not really how the world started.

hey hey hey!!!

I think it's not cool to talk about "GOD" or religions on here... You know people have different attitutes and thoughts and this might lead to "serious arguement"

There are something we shouldn't discuss; politic, religion, and beauty queen. Because there is less than 10% that everybody will agree with the same thing.

i'm serious :?

actually sprite, this is in the "religion and philosopy" forum... ppl won't agree, but there's nothing wrong with that.

the important thing is that it doesnt degenerate into a personal fight between ppl, and that's what we moderators are supposed to keep an eye on...

For me this is a personal feeling of God.

If I were to take the God of the Bible, well, as has been mentioned he has instigated some really vengeful acts....shown his wrath. Look at the "cute little angels"......Angels are usual the entities that carry out Gods Will and have been known to slaughter whole towns and villages etc, etc.

Once again a very personal subject.

• 3 weeks later...

Ppl get really worked up about the whole thing and I guess I would too I fI believed in it to, this is ppls beliefs, this is what stops them from screaming out in sheer fear and agony it its their rock to keep them steady, so ppl will fight scream kick if they feel their security blanket being taken away. Who was it said that? Religion is the opium of the people? was it Karl Marks , some one like that. And to me this is very true. It makes them feel safe,

Religion is a man made thing while spirituality is something deep within us and I feel that every day.

SIGH 

Umm...it's "opiate of the people".

Ppl get really worked up about the whole thing and I guess I would too I fI believed in it to, this is ppls beliefs, this is what stops them from screaming out in sheer fear and agony it its their rock to keep them steady, so ppl will fight scream kick if they feel their security blanket being taken away. Who was it said that? Religion is the opium of the people? was it Karl Marks , some one like that. And to me this is very true. It makes them feel safe,

Religion is a man made thing while spirituality is something deep within us and I feel that every day.

SIGH 

Who was it said that? Religion is the opium of the people? was it Karl Marks , some one like that. And to me this is very true. It makes them feel safe,

SIGH 

It was Karl Marx. He was the sixth Marx Brother. The others were Groucho, Chico, Harpo, Zeppo and Gummo. Karl only made it on stage, never on screen. He quit the act and pitched for the Washington Senators from 1927 to 1932 with a record of 9 wins, 62 losses and earned run average of 12.45. He gave up Babe Ruth's 715th home run.

Karl Marks founded Marks & Spencer. With Spencer Tracy.

If spirituality is something deep within us, then isn't it also man made?

• 1 month later...

God is the greatest GOd..my dad died for 3 hours but he alive again because of God!

He will be always by ur side if you want and never make u cry or hurt !!!

I am very happy that i am the one who chosed from God and i will try to my best to be a good girl and do whatever God wants me to do!

why i am happy because of GOD! he is my inspiration and motivation ..

If u want to make ur self happy ..laugh or smile all the time try to get close to God and u will get what u need!!!!!!!!!!

God bless u everyone

Christy ..christian from Thailand

What i dont understand is why athiests are buried/cremated under the auspices of religious ceremonies ... .when surely a wheelie bin is all thats necessary to dump their bodies in landfill sites?Amen :lol:

As I am sure you know atheists dont have any set rituals upon death. The only thing that athiests have in common is a lack of belief in God.

Some atheists choose to be 'buried/cremated under the auspices of religious ceremonies' out of respect for believers while other choose not to be 'buried/cremated under the auspices of religious ceremonies' for exactly the same reason'. Personally I plan to donate my body and organs to science not that I expect them to be of much value by then.

Religion is a very personal thing and non believers should respect that.

Yes, religion is a very personal thing and believers should also respect that... :D

absolutely but my whole point was(and which you seem to have missed) was that i doubt many athiests carry their non believing convictions to the grave .So in effect their religious views /or lack of them ,can be treated with a pinch of salt :D

Yes, you're right SomtamCharlie... I missed that point because it was so obvious to me. When I die I just want my body to be throw in a ditch where the smell of my rotting remains won't offend my survivors and where other living creatures (both plants and animals) will benefit from what was once my body.

Don't use on me a crappy 100-year guaranteed sealed coffin; save your money and don't use it on that ceremony that I won't see and don't want anyway. Just the ditch, OK? This is not a personal favor that I'm asking you, SomtamCharlie, just a message that I would like all people to know. My last will in a way... :-)

But I do feel and know for sure that some believers sometimes do not respect non-believers believes... It should be mutual respect. Please just the ditch and no ceremony for me... OK? :D

absolutely but my whole point was(and which you seem to have missed) was that i doubt many athiests carry their non believing convictions to the grave .So in effect their religious views /or lack of them ,can be treated with a pinch of salt :D

BOLLOCKS

I think you will find that atheists (as opposed to agnostics) have actually given the matter rather a lot of thought and hold very strong convictions. I certainly have. I had always been extremely doubtful about the idea of god, but for a long time I didn?t know enough about anything to have a good working model of any other explanation for life, universes and everything to replace it. But I kept thinking and reading. Eventually it all fitted into place and the awe that inspired in me made the awe that other people talk about their religious experience feel.. quite frankly, rather silly.

I have no idea where you get your ideas from but I would advise you to err on the side of caution and respect other peoples beliefs.

.... but i strongly suspect most bottle out and go for a religious ending to their lives.(just in case they got it all wrong..heck nothing to lose after all :)

and you know this... how? deathbed interviews? exit interviews post death?

have you ever been to a funeral that was for the dead person and not for the people who survived him/her? i haven't. even where the dead person has specified a funeral in their will, i'd hope they'd respect the feelings of their family, whatever that may entail.

SLURMS: i wept. it was beautiful. i shall fly all the way to RSA to piss on your tree and you havent ever pissed me off, even...

.... but i strongly suspect most bottle out and go for a religious ending to their lives.(just in case they got it all wrong..heck nothing to lose after all :)

again, based on what? or is it just a hunch?

based on doctors i know who work in oncology departments.no hunch...the grim reaper kinda makes folks have a change of heart they say :wink:

very interesting! percentages? details? deathbed quotes?

Personally, I'm not a God fearing person. I believe that if there is a God he would plant in you the knowledge of what is good and evil and if you base your life on that then whoever God may be will grant you an afterlife. But I'm not angry or disgusted with religion which seems to be the norm today. The "in thing" is to hate religious people and it's pretty damn sad. It's hard to see how people can hate anything that preaches things like, be kind to others, do onto others as you would have done on to you, do not commit adultery, do not steal... damn such terrible things these are. Again, I would never force religion upon others (especially since I'm not religious myself) but both my parents are catholics and I honestly have never known two better, more respectable people. And if that was the result of being God fearing then cheers to it.

based on doctors i know who work in oncology departments.no hunch...the grim reaper kinda makes folks have a change of heart they say :wink:

very interesting! percentages? details? deathbed quotes?

Have to live in suspense my friend.its all a question of faith :wink:

:cry: no... stories?? even the bible has stories.... :cry: you're no fun anymore stc :cry:

a christian elderly passed away. his buddhist children held the funeral at a thai temple. monks chanted for his soul. :?: the fourth night the body was transported to our church for a christian funeral. the elderly wouldn't have been too happy about that.

ehhh he's dead already, can't imagine he'd be too bothered. personally speaking i'm more concerned about what happens to my body while i'm still alive. although this may come as some surprise to my body with the amount of abuse i've given it over the years :lol: