Good patisserie in BKK

funky_house

Question

14 answers to this question

La Boulange, (I think that is the name) located just across from Starbucks in Soi Convent has excellent, realdeal stuff. I think it is run by a Frenchman, too.

There is another that comes to mind. On Silom heading away from Soi convent towards the river for a few blocks near that big 4 way intersection. It has a French flag in the logo and is easily recognized. For me - they make the best baguettes and their other stuff is pretty damn good. Reasonably priced too. They have other locations - in Pattaya on beach road in the mall next to Swensons, and others I am sure.

Dont know what a patisserie is.

But there is a good bakery near the Bulls Head pub on Sukhumvit soi 33/1

Tell them i sent you i need the commission.

A patisserie is a type of bakery that specializes in cakes and pastries.

So it is a bakery, maybe on Thailand-frog-surrender-monkey-builders-of-crap-cars-friends.com they can guide you to a patisserie.

Thank you for you recommendation of the Bakery near the Bulls Head. I shall try it.

Seeing as you did not know what a patisserie is, I thought that I would explain it.

I tried looking for the website that you suggested, but could not find it.

I love "Something Sweet" for cakes. It is on Sathorn Soi 8 which is next to standard charter bank. Or there is a branch at Central World.

Secret Recipe is also good. It is at Silom across from Silom Complex. Also a counter at Siam Paragon

Vanilla Brassarie is ok but I think the original is better. Vanilla Industry in Siam Square which is behind Hard Rock Cafe

For bread, Sant Etoile(?) by Yamazaki is nice. Try the potato bread.

I should say I like really heavy cakes. If you like light fluffy cakes try Sweetest Sin which is in Siam, near the Village bakery, near the entrance to the CU Bookstore and faculty of parmacy.

Pam

La Boulange, (I think that is the name) located just across from Starbucks in Soi Convent has excellent, realdeal stuff. I think it is run by a Frenchman, too.

After returning from Chaing Mai last week I wandered on over in great anticipation to my favourite bakery in BKK, La Boulange, and discovered to my horror that it has closed and the shop has been gutted.

I am completely devasted and traumatised, as at least twice I week I would satisfy my sweet fix by hitting the daily after 5pm half price sale.....may have to take a quick jaunt to Paris to help recovery. :wink:

RIP La Boulange, may you return in another incarnation.

After returning from Chaing Mai last week I wandered on over in great anticipation to my favourite bakery in BKK, La Boulange, and discovered to my horror that it has closed and the shop has been gutted.

I am completely devasted and traumatised, as at least twice I week I would satisfy my sweet fix by hitting the daily after 5pm half price sale.....may have to take a quick jaunt to Paris to help recovery. :wink:

RIP La Boulange, may you return in another incarnation.

f*ck me!